+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Tech Football Adds Five More to 2022 Signing Class - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Louisiana Tech Football Adds Five More to 2022 Signing Class - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

RUSTON, La. –*First-year Louisiana Tech head coach Sonny Cumbie announced the addition of five new Bulldogs to the 2022 signing class during the late period today.

More...

Discuss it here.

Big Dog LATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really niceLATECH87 is just really nice LATECH87's Avatar

Re: Louisiana Tech Football Adds Five More to 2022 Signing Class - latechsports.com

Congratulations and Welcome to TECH! Looking forward to a new era.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Re: Louisiana Tech Football Adds Five More to 2022 Signing Class - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by News_Bot View Post
    A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

RUSTON, La. –*First-year Louisiana Tech head coach Sonny Cumbie announced the addition of five new Bulldogs to the 2022 signing class during the late period today.

More...

Discuss it here.
    Gatson, four-star recruit and former USC commit, comes to Ruston by way of Newton High School in Newton, Texas. Gatson scored 63 touchdowns and rushed just under 4,000 yards in his high school career and was awarded the Texas District-3A MVP as a junior.

Here is a list of his P5 offers.

Texas, USC, Colorado, Baylor, Iowa State, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, South Carolina, TCU, Texas Tech, Utah, and Washington State. Plus, future P5 Houston. 247’s prediction was 50/50 that he would pick either Texas or USC. Major grab for the Bulldogs!

"Roster management is the most important piece in college football," said Cumbie.

Gla
    d he realizes this and added two more offensive lineman today. This was a glaring weakness the last two seasons, Skip seemed oblivious to this.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Gatson, four-star recruit and former USC commit, comes to Ruston by way of Newton High School in Newton, Texas. Gatson scored 63 touchdowns and rushed just under 4,000 yards in his high school career and was awarded the Texas District-3A MVP as a junior.

Here is a list of his P5 offers.

Texas, USC, Colorado, Baylor, Iowa State, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, South Carolina, TCU, Texas Tech, Utah, and Washington State. Plus, future P5 Houston. 247’s prediction was 50/50 that he would pick either Texas or USC. Major grab for the Bulldogs!

"Roster management is the most important piece in college football," said Cumbie.

Gla
    d he realizes this and added two more offensive lineman today. This was a glaring weakness the last two seasons, Skip seemed oblivious to this.
    Skippy was oblivious until the both the QB and RB were being tackled during delayed handoffs and the QB couldn't get to a second read before running for his life on pass plays.

Something tells me things are already different in Ruston. And this signing class is clear evidence of that.
    Last edited by FriscoDawg; 02-03-2022 at 01:00 AM.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

This class looks awesome on paper and we beat out some heavy hitters that were heavily recruited by P5's. Great job by Cumbie and all our coaches!!!

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

It feels great to feel like a Bulldog again and not a beat down Holtz puppy

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    This class looks awesome on paper and we beat out some heavy hitters that were heavily recruited by P5's. Great job by Cumbie and all our coaches!!!
    Absolutely true. And I'm already laughing at all those LA Tech fans that were afraid to fire Skip Holtz because they thought he was a "good recruiter". LOL! Hey.....the new coaches get paid to recruit too....

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I feel better about next season because he went out and brought in lots of help at the Oline. Holtz was terrible at recruiting offensive lineman, so Cumbie had a lot to fix.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Absolutely true. And I'm already laughing at all those LA Tech fans that were afraid to fire Skip Holtz because they thought he was a "good recruiter". LOL! Hey.....the new coaches get paid to recruit too....
    Yeppers! phooey on all those Skippy die-hard supporters. Of course they got their bubbles popped off of the last two seasons. Holtz was delivering steady 8 or 9 win seasons, and a bowl W too, and compared to the days when they saw Bradshaw throw 10 INTs all in the 1st half, Holtz was a godsend. Holtz was very mediocre and many of us kept saying that the whole time. It would be good to change coaches, roll the dice, and try someone else.

None of us know, right now, how Cumbie will do. The ultimate measure will be W-Ls and results on the field. I just know, as a fan, for the first time since Dykes was here, I am cautiously optimistic again.

Truthfully, I did hold a small measure of hope after the 2014 season and our bowl win over Illinois that maybe Holtz was not who I thought he was.... he was (is). Good riddance.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Yeppers! phooey on all those Skippy die-hard supporters. Of course they got their bubbles popped off of the last two seasons. Holtz was delivering steady 8 or 9 win seasons, and a bowl W too, and compared to the days when they saw Bradshaw throw 10 INTs all in the 1st half, Holtz was a godsend. Holtz was very mediocre and many of us kept saying that the whole time. It would be good to change coaches, roll the dice, and try someone else.

None of us know, right now, how Cumbie will do. The ultimate measure will be W-Ls and results on the field. I just know, as a fan, for the first time since Dykes was here, I am cautiously optimistic again.

Truthfully, I did hold a small measure of hope after the 2014 season and our bowl win over Illinois that maybe Holtz was not who I thought he was.... he was (is). Good riddance.
    The Sokol, Driskel, and Higgins years were all fun. Started falling apart with the J'mar teams (although 2019 was good). Agree that it was time for change. Cumbie has brought in a lot of new energy to the program.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    The Sokol, Driskel, and Higgins years were all fun. Started falling apart with the J'mar teams (although 2019 was good). Agree that it was time for change. Cumbie has brought in a lot of new energy to the program.
    2015 was a major disappointment, and the year I knew that Holtz was not the guy. We had a team full of future NFL talent, but we got demolished at home by Southern Miss, lost a totally winnable game against KState, and got blown out by Moo State after going up 14-0.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

It's hard to imagine a coach bad enough to cause an NFL team to get blown out by a college team... twice.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

It's interesting that you say "2019 was good". That was the year LA Tech literally "suspended" itself out of a CUSA Championship title by suspending J'Mar Smith for our two biggest games of the year. Of course, we suffered back to back losses and just missed having a GREAT year due to our own ineptness. Sad really.

You can't make this stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    It's interesting that you say "2019 was good". That was the year LA Tech literally "suspended" itself out of a CUSA Championship title by suspending J'Mar Smith for our two biggest games of the year. Of course, we suffered back to back losses and just missed having a GREAT year due to our own ineptness. Sad really.

You can't make this stuff up.
    I just meant that was a good team. If the suspension didn’t happen, it may have been an undefeated team. Holtz didn’t have just one good team in 2014 was my main point. He had several good teams.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I just meant that was a good team. If the suspension didn’t happen, it may have been an undefeated team. Holtz didn’t have just one good team in 2014 was my main point. He had several good teams.
    You missed the bigger point.

And this has only been discussed ad nauseum on this board: Holtz is a mediocre coach who produces mediocre teams yielding a mediocre program. If MEDIOCRE is your thing, and maybe it is, then I can see why you think Holtz was a good coach, had a good run here. Like any true blue Tech fan I wanted Holtz to be successful. Just like I HOPE Cumbie is successful. If he is not, I will call him out too. As for Holtz he arrived under a loser's cloud as the USF fans who flooded our board warned us about. So, I was concerned but open-minded. His first year was a disaster, 2013, 4-8. Now usually coaches are not judged by their first year. Saban had a losing record his first year at Bama....hello! And that is why I posted I was "hopeful" after the 2014 season. But, as it turned out and as many us said only a MILLION times, he reached a plateau in 2014 that he never got off of. Remember this: "Is there nothing more?" I and others asked that question hundreds of times. We could see the blatantly obvious MEDIOCRITY of Holtz's team (program). It's not my fault that others lack the vision, the knowledge to recognize the quality of coaching. I say the same thing about Eric Konkol now.

So, the big question is: Is mediocrity good enough?

Holtz, Konkol, and I think Lane Burroughs, and yes, Brooke Stoehr too, are all, at best MEDIOCRE. Maybe that's the best we can hope for at Tech...only, it's not because Tech basketball has had Leon Barmore, Andy Russo, and Tommy Joe Eagles all GREAT coaches! So, we don't have to settle...

I hope Cumbie proves to be a great coach! That would mean we won't keep him longer than 2-3 years, but we need a shot of greatness right about now. If he is just mediocre, well then, he can buy a big house in Ruston and settle in for a spell.

+ Reply to Thread