+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: JD Head Transfering

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: JD Head Transfering

Hoping it means they all know they won’t cut it in his system and he can go get a guy that can run it. If it means they all were loyal to Holtz, then “bye Felicia.”

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    LOL! Our QB's finally get a coach who knows how to coach QB's, and they all fly the coup. What does THAT tell you? Seriously, it makes me wonder if Coach Sonny told them to find another address for next year?
    It tells me there's a very rotten culture in the locker room.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    It tells me there's a very rotten culture in the locker room.
    Common with our former HC. It carried over to the sideline.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Seems like they may just like Holtz, tbh. They did commit to Tech under him.

The Head news was more surprising than Allen.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Hoping it means they all know they won’t cut it in his system and he can go get a guy that can run it. If it means they all were loyal to Holtz, then “bye Felicia.”
    Assuming Holtz gets hired by another school - I'm wondering if Head or Allen would transfer there to play for Holtz if given the opportunity. I'm thinking not, but you just never can tell about these things.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    Assuming Holtz gets hired by another school - I'm wondering if Head or Allen would transfer there to play for Holtz if given the opportunity. I'm thinking not, but you just never can tell about these things.
    Unless ULM fires Bowden or maybe NewMexico St fires their coach, I don’t see anyone going after Holtz.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    I've lost track...does Hebert return in the '22 season or did he graduate? Dude's a ballplayer. I also am a fan of Tyler Grubbs. The team's had wayyyyy more talent than the record showed this year.
    Herbert is listed as being a senior on the 2022 roster page - 6th year in college. His freshman year was a true redshirt year, and 2020 was a freebie for everyone.

https://latechsports.com/sports/foot...in-hebert/9177

Put me down as being a member of the Tyler Grubbs fan club as well.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

New Mexico State just hired Jerry Kill

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Wishing Aaron the best at his new school. While he obviously wasn't a D1 level quarterback, I'll always remember his leading two fourth quarter scoring drives last season with us down by 14 to UAB, including the game tying 24 yard td pass with 10 seconds left as we beat UAB in OT in Ruston. Hope he's proud of his Tech degree even as we both move on.
    I've wondered whether Allen just didn't/doesn't have it, or whether Holtz had his mind so jacked up he couldn't perform up to his potential. If he transfers somewhere else and excels - his poor play could have been more of a Holtz issue than a lack of ability. Of course, with a porous O-Line, a lot of QBs are going to look terrible.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I've wondered whether Allen just didn't/doesn't have it, or whether Holtz had his mind so jacked up he couldn't perform up to his potential. If he transfers somewhere else and excels - his poor play could have been more of a Holtz issue than a lack of ability. Of course, with a porous O-Line, a lot of QBs are going to look terrible.
    His two biggest problems was that he was wildly inconsistent and had zero touch on his passes. He would have a game like Charlotte with a passer rating of 195 and follow it up the very next game with Southern Miss and a passer rating of 59. That happened his whole career. And watching him try and throw a swing pass to the back was a nightmare. He seems like a good kid, but he’s not going to make it here as a QB.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

This is opening up some key spots, if Sonny has time to recruit some.

Bulldog veerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around here veerbone's Avatar

He doesn't have it. Hate it for him, but he's not an FBS QB in my opinion. Head had some potential but apparently feels he's got a better shot to play elsewhere.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    His two biggest problems was that he was wildly inconsistent and had zero touch on his passes. He would have a game like Charlotte with a passer rating of 195 and follow it up the very next game with Southern Miss and a passer rating of 59. That happened his whole career. And watching him try and throw a swing pass to the back was a nightmare. He seems like a good kid, but he’s not going to make it here as a QB.
    2020 was quite a ride for everyone and for a lot of reasons, but those game threads with Allen and Anthony alternating are such a roller-coaster. One or the other would look bad for a drive or two, then the other guy would make the game-winning drive and it was all settled (briefly). "Clearly <this guy> should be the starter <other guy> just doesn't have it, should never play again" and then after the next game they'd reverse roles (and the commentary/my thoughts would follow).

Wildly inconsistent is absolutely his issue. I hope the rest of his career goes well, a clean start may be the best thing for everyone (although like HD, I'm shocked that anyone wouldn't want to play what ought to be a fairly QB friendly system).

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Holtz will not get hired for another Head coaching job. There's far too many good coaches out there today for any school to hire without trying to sell Holtz's baggage to their alumni. The man's been fired from two jobs already. And his last 2 years here were abysmal. People need to let it go.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Good point. Aaron Allen saved the game for us against UAB in 2020, and then turned around and looked like a gigantic turd in the NO Bowl against some team named Georgia Southern. The way he looked in that game, you would have thought we were playing against Alabama.

+ Reply to Thread