+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: JD Head Transfering

Varsity Bulldog aggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud of aggiedawg's Avatar

Re: JD Head Transfering

Hearing that TT RB coach is coming and bringing his RS FR QB son to LA Tech. Son is listed at 6-5. Have ties to Bishop Gorman High School, so could be good for recruiting.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    I have watched Holstein on the sideline all season and wondered why isn't he at least given a few snaps? I was told by two different people that he "didn't want to put the work in" either physically or mentally to earn any time from Skip. I can understand how a guy who was committed to Harvard might be a little bored with that coaching staff but I have heard that said about a lot of players in the past few years so who knows the real truth. I like JD Head but as stated above, if you as QB do not want be here and develop under a coach such as Sonny Cumbie, then move on. As my mama and aunts use to say about family gatherings - "If you don't want to be here, we don't want you here". Good Luck!
    Well, you have to be willing to put in the work. But if he saw it as being a futile effort...

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aggiedawg View Post
    Hearing that TT RB coach is coming and bringing his RS FR QB son to LA Tech. Son is listed at 6-5. Have ties to Bishop Gorman High School, so could be good for recruiting.
    Donovan Smith was the starting QB at TT at the end of the year. https://texastech.com/sports/footbal...an-smith/10312 He is an architecture major at TT. I guess we'll see how things play out.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Daddy smith would have to be willing to take a big pay cut

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

The best thing about Cumbie is that our QBs can actually expect to improve over their college career rather than regress.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    He will have to transfer to his fourth school, if he wants to actually play in a game. He will never see the field at Mississippi State.

Are you against Luke getting another year?
    Luke didn't play this year, so I don't think that counts. So, I think he'll be in his 6th year in 2022. (I'm sure someone here can check me on that.) But regardless, and consistent with my previous statement, I'm against a "7th year" of eligibility, regardless of the reason for getting it. It's just too much. This is not a professional career; it's college. Get in and get out, boys.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Luke didn't play this year, so I don't think that counts. So, I think he'll be in his 6th year in 2022. (I'm sure someone here can check me on that.) But regardless, and consistent with my previous statement, I'm against a "7th year" of eligibility, regardless of the reason for getting it. It's just too much. This is not a professional career; it's college. Get in and get out, boys.
    Anthony will be applying for an injury hardship year. Since he was never cleared for any activities after his second surgery, that request should be granted.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Anthony will be applying for an injury hardship year. Since he was never cleared for any activities after his second surgery, that request should be granted.
    But it will still be Anthony's "6th" year of eligibility, right? Because he was not eligible (or cleared) in 2021, so 2022 will not be his 7th year of playing eligibility?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    Donovan Smith was the starting QB at TT at the end of the year. https://texastech.com/sports/footbal...an-smith/10312 He is an architecture major at TT. I guess we'll see how things play out.
    I heard --about a week ago-- that the Smith kid was likely coming to LA Tech with Cumbie because it's a pretty crowded bench in the TT QB stall. And I've heard that this kid is an incredible player. But........none of this is guaranteed. I like the Holstein kid, and I hope he gets a real shot.

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    I have watched Holstein on the sideline all season and wondered why isn't he at least given a few snaps? I was told by two different people that he "didn't want to put the work in" either physically or mentally to earn any time from Skip. I can understand how a guy who was committed to Harvard might be a little bored with that coaching staff but I have heard that said about a lot of players in the past few years so who knows the real truth. I like JD Head but as stated above, if you as QB do not want be here and develop under a coach such as Sonny Cumbie, then move on. As my mama and aunts use to say about family gatherings - "If you don't want to be here, we don't want you here". Good Luck!
    Skip Holtz wouldn't even play Hunter Lee in games, despite the fact Lee was LA Tech's most popular returning player in 2013 when Holtz arrived. After Holtz arrived, Lee's playing time was cut to a quarter of what it had been under Sonny Dykes. Holtz just wouldn't play him, and Lee and his family we not happy about it. I know this for a fact. And all the while, Holtz was still complaining about the loss of 95 seniors from the 2012 LA Tech roster.

Holtz was too stubborn for his own good. So, I have no doubt that the reason the Holstein kid never got a real try is because of Skip Holtzs' stubbornness.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

He misused so many players it’s incredible. Of course, I’m sure Boston Scott will last longer in the NFL than Dixon because KD was broken when he got to the league from being run so hard.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    He misused so many players it’s incredible. Of course, I’m sure Boston Scott will last longer in the NFL than Dixon because KD was broken when he got to the league from being run so hard.
    Yep. Boston was not over-used by Skippy, that's for sure. After KD graduated I called for Scott to be our #1 RB, but I guess it's good he wasn't.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Yep. Boston was not over-used by Skippy, that's for sure. After KD graduated I called for Scott to be our #1 RB, but I guess it's good he wasn't.
    Probably saved his NFL career.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Holtz disliked all the remaining players, especially the stars.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Hunter Lee was clutch. If you needed 3 yards, he’s getting 4. Still remember the amazing catch he made down the stretch against Nevada to keep that drive alive and help win the WAC championship game. The fact that Holtz cut his playing time so dramatically was a travesty.

+ Reply to Thread