+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Staff

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

New Staff

I don’t know if this has been posted: Jake Brown joining Tech as co-OC an WR coach.

https://twitter.com/chrisvannini/sta...270102531?s=21

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Re: New Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    I don’t know if this has been posted: Jake Brown joining Tech as co-OC an WR coach.

https://twitter.com/chrisvannini/sta...270102531?s=21
    Looks like a good hire. Maybe we can land some of the talented kids from Ennis,Tx.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Is there any chance of Tim Rattay joining again? A more high-octane offense and Rattay seem like a great match.

Bulldog veerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around here veerbone's Avatar

LaTech Re: New Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    Is there any chance of Tim Rattay joining again? A more high-octane offense and Rattay seem like a great match.
    I'd be willing to bet he makes more as QB coach at OK St than our OC will.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by veerbone View Post
    I'd be willing to bet he makes more as QB coach at OK St than our OC will.
    Yeah, but if Rattay has aspirations of moving into more important positions, like being a head coach someday, he needs coordinator experience. Tech will pay him enough to live very comfortably in Ruston, for a few years, as he builds his resume'. And yeah, he can get coordinator experience elsewhere, but I'd like to see him back at Tech for a spell...without the yoke of Holtz holding him down.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Yeah, but if Rattay has aspirations of moving into more important positions, like being a head coach someday, he needs coordinator experience. Tech will pay him enough to live very comfortably in Ruston, for a few years, as he builds his resume'. And yeah, he can get coordinator experience elsewhere, but I'd like to see him back at Tech for a spell...without the yoke of Holtz holding him down.
    It would be very interesting to see Rattay’s experience put to the test as an OC. From the success of Okla St’s season, I’d say Rattay did his job developing the QBs he had to work with there. Which says a lot about the piss poor opportunity he got here under Holtz. It makes you wonder how many other coaches and some players too that Holtz smothered out and hurt in one way or another. The fresh air in Tech football these days must be like standing on top of a mountain.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    It would be very interesting to see Rattay’s experience put to the test as an OC. From the success of Okla St’s season, I’d say Rattay did his job developing the QBs he had to work with there. Which says a lot about the piss poor opportunity he got here under Holtz. It makes you wonder how many other coaches and some players too that Holtz smothered out and hurt in one way or another. The fresh air in Tech football these days must be like standing on top of a mountain.
    This is from the Oklahoma State site:

In Rattay’s six seasons in Ruston, the Bulldogs went 46-33, won two Conference USA West Division titles and were 5-0 in bowl games.

• In 2016, Rattay coached Ryan Higgins, who finished the season with 329 completions for 4,617 yards and 41 touchdowns against just eight interceptions. Higgins was honored as the Conference USA Most Valuable Player that season.

• Rattay helped develop quarterback J’Mar Smith at Louisiana Tech. Smith went on to become the Conference USA Offensive Player of the Year in 2019.

I think one could say Rattay is where he is now BECAUSE of Holtz and the success Tim had at Tech.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    This is from the Oklahoma State site:

In Rattay’s six seasons in Ruston, the Bulldogs went 46-33, won two Conference USA West Division titles and were 5-0 in bowl games.

• In 2016, Rattay coached Ryan Higgins, who finished the season with 329 completions for 4,617 yards and 41 touchdowns against just eight interceptions. Higgins was honored as the Conference USA Most Valuable Player that season.

• Rattay helped develop quarterback J’Mar Smith at Louisiana Tech. Smith went on to become the Conference USA Offensive Player of the Year in 2019.

I think one could say Rattay is where he is now BECAUSE of Holtz and the success Tim had at Tech.
    I think Tim would have been that successful or even more so if Holtz hadn't been there. I also believe J'Mar would have improved technique wise in that same time. To each their own I guess.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    I think Tim would have been that successful or even more so if Holtz hadn't been there. I also believe J'Mar would have improved technique wise in that same time. To each their own I guess.
    Probably, but Tim may not have even been here if Holtz didn’t give him a chance to coach. Who knows? It all worked out great for Tim though.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

I have seen tweets from some of LA Tech's staff (folks who were here pre-Cumbie announcement) who are out recruiting, but have not seen any announcements regarding who will be retained from Holtz's staff. I get that a person continues to work on a job until/unless they are are told they are no longer employed, but I expected we'd hear something by now regarding who was staying and who was told they were not being retained. Based on Coach Guge's 11/29 tweet, it sounds like he's gone. https://twitter.com/Coach_Guge/statu...21018390937603

Varsity Bulldog DawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to behold

A little more on coach Jake Brown

https://www.on3.com/college/texas-te...ch-jake-brown/

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    I have seen tweets from some of LA Tech's staff (folks who were here pre-Cumbie announcement) who are out recruiting, but have not seen any announcements regarding who will be retained from Holtz's staff. I get that a person continues to work on a job until/unless they are are told they are no longer employed, but I expected we'd hear something by now regarding who was staying and who was told they were not being retained. Based on Coach Guge's 11/29 tweet, it sounds like he's gone. https://twitter.com/Coach_Guge/statu...21018390937603
    My understanding is that often in these cases there is a mass exodus after signing day. Obviously there are exceptions and with such a high head coaching turnover this year there will also be a ton of assistants moving around. I think the big conference is in January and that's where they'll all be together and you get more hires (or current staff moving on by taking other jobs).

I bet we keep a few guys around. But I don't think we'll know exactly who they are for a while.

I'd assume local guys and Tech guys to be more likely to stay and guys like Guge whose connection was more directly with Skip would be less likely (which is one reason it isn't likely Sloan would remain, although you never know).

Probably this time of year you've got to try to salvage a recruiting class before you focus (too much) on staff. Other than guys you're pretty tight with and know you want (like Brown).

You gotta think we'll end up with a "Louisiana guy" on staff at some point whether it's a coach already around being retained or a new hire.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Well, first I write "it'll probably be a few weeks" and then I see we're hiring SFA's DC.

I guess we can expect him to be familiar with our new conference mates SHSU.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

If Tech's 2022 FB Coaching Staff website page is accurate, most of Holtz's staff is gone with a few left (or to be determined) - Brock Hays, Anthony Camp, Kurt Hester, Paul Turner, and the GAs. https://latechsports.com/sports/football/coaches/2022 Other than Cumbie, the new people coming in are not listed.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Sources: Louisiana Tech is expected to hire Stephen F. Austin DC Scott Power as defensive coordinator, @TheAthletic has learned. He’s been at SFA since 2018.

+ Reply to Thread