+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40

Thread: Landry Lyddy Interview on Fletch

  1. #1

  2. #2
    2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Ruston
    Posts
    2,306

    Re: Landry Lyddy Interview on Fletch

    I saw online where Landry paid a visit to Boise. I’m not 100% sure the report and the accompanying pictures of him in a Boise uniform are even true or not. These days who knows what’s real or fake on the internet. All I can do is keep my fingers crossed that we see him as a Tech Bulldog.

  3. #3
    Bulldog veerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around here veerbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NE Louisiana
    Posts
    138

    Re: Landry Lyddy Interview on Fletch

    I think the Cumbie hire is going to lock him down. He can come in and compete early (maybe immediately) and play in a "high octane" offense, I think he'd be a done deal.

  4. #4
    Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    McKinney, TX & Franklin, TN
    Posts
    36,363

    Re: Landry Lyddy Interview on Fletch

    Quote Originally Posted by veerbone View Post
    I think the Cumbie hire is going to lock him down. He can come in and compete early (maybe immediately) and play in a "high octane" offense, I think he'd be a done deal.
    I personally don't think Landry Lyddy is in the bag yet. I got a tweet today from him bragging about what a great host Boise State was this past weekend and thanking a bunch of their BSU coaches and people. Clearly he's getting wined and dined from Boise and SMU. Coach Cumbie better have somebody camping out on Lyddy's door step.

  5. #5
    Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Prosper, Tx
    Posts
    4,548

    Re: Landry Lyddy Interview on Fletch

    Cumbie needs to have a back up plan ready to fire off, whether its a lead on a HS kids or someone in the portal. We don't need a stud right out of the gate (would be great though), we need above average. We haven't had that in a while. J'Mar was average playing against below average conference slates and never being told he had to improve to try and win a OOC game.

    More wins than loses next year and I'll be happy. Better than that is gravy in year one, the way this team physically and mentally finished.
    2008 Young Alumnus of the Year
    2011 ALA National Law Related Education Teacher of the Year......
    2012 TLA Law Related Education Teacher of the Year

  6. #6
    Varsity Bulldog DawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to behold
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    234

    Re: Landry Lyddy Interview on Fletch

    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I personally don't think Landry Lyddy is in the bag yet. I got a tweet today from him bragging about what a great host Boise State was this past weekend and thanking a bunch of their BSU coaches and people. Clearly he's getting wined and dined from Boise and SMU. Coach Cumbie better have somebody camping out on Lyddy's door step.

    I would agree. Fletch asked Lyddy (at the 7:42 mark)… “no matter who comes calling, you’re gonna sign with Tech?” and Lyddy replied “as of right now, yes”. The answer wasn’t “Yes” so it sounds like he left some wiggle room? Maybe he’s solid with his decision to sign with Tech based on all the good things he said too and used “buy-in” words like “We” when describing future at Tech football etc. May be that he knows weird things happen and assuming if all things remain the same, he will sign.

  7. #7
    65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ruston, LA
    Posts
    13,264

    Re: Landry Lyddy Interview on Fletch

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgBark View Post
    I would agree. Fletch asked Lyddy (at the 7:42 mark)… “no matter who comes calling, you’re gonna sign with Tech?” and Lyddy replied “as of right now, yes”. The answer wasn’t “Yes” so it sounds like he left some wiggle room? Maybe he’s solid with his decision to sign with Tech based on all the good things he said too and used “buy-in” words like “We” when describing future at Tech football etc. May be that he knows weird things happen and assuming if all things remain the same, he will sign.
    Then the answer to that question was no. Be honest, please.

    "Do you promise to love and cherish your wife until you are parted by death?"

    "As of right now, yes."

  8. #8
    Varsity Bulldog DawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to behold
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    234

    Re: Landry Lyddy Interview on Fletch

    For a young'n Lyddy did well in the interview. He's probably not had much experience speaking on the radio/interviewing and Fletch did directly put him on the spot. Lyddy will learn with age about how to be more direct but for a 17 to 18 kid/young man, he did just fine... could tell his uneasiness/nervousness during the entire interview. I don't think he was being dishonest in his answer because "as of right now, Yes" is his answer. Of course Tech fans want it to be "Yes". What if Sonny C. were to receive his lifelong dream coaching offer and took it, should Lyddy still commit to Tech when that would mean another coach coming in last minute. What if Sonnyh hired a coach that made no sense offensively and was not in alignment with Lyddy's offensive strength/style of play, should Lyddy still sign with Tech? Before you say Sonny couldn't leave so quickly, I believe Tech had a basketball coach announce he was coming to Tech and quicker than he could be welcomed he was offered another coaching position elsewhere and took it. Seriously doubt Lyddy was aware of such a situation (basketball coach) and the coaches Sonny C. has brought in are good so that isn't really applicable here. Truth is Lyddy committed when it was Holtz & Co. and there is a new coaching staff now (appears these coaches will be much better, time will tell) but Tech is the one that changed their commitment to the recruits/players (although a much better commitment, but, it was a change). So the honest answer Lyddy gave was "as of right now, Yes". Fletch strongly praised Lyddy for his willingness to stick to his commitment and pointed out that two QB's have left Tech and should open things up significantly for Lyddy and Lyddy said he would not be surprised if a QB transfer comes in but had no problem with that and is not afraid of the competition (paraphrased). Hopefully, Lyddy doesn't make the same mistake so many others have made (Wudtee Sp? - QB from Parkway and others) by being enamored by a bigger name school only to sit the bench and knows the system Sonny C. is setting up at Tech will be explosive/electric and a great fit for a QB such as himself... hopefully we will know tomorrow.

  9. #9
    Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Prosper, Tx
    Posts
    4,548

    Re: Landry Lyddy Interview on Fletch

    Until he sets foot on campus, he is going to weigh all offers and he will pick the one he feels is best for him. A lot of kids go with the big name, but now days with COA and NIL that also can come with the potential for big bucks. I don't blame anyone for hedging their bets until crunch time.

    There is no loyalty in college athletics expected from anyone involved except the alumni/fans. Administrations lie/leave, coaches lie/leave and now the kids can as well. It has always been a business at least now the kids get a piece of the pie as well. COA, NIL and the transfer portal (free agency) are all things any kid making this decision has to consider now, that wasn't there 10 years ago.
    2008 Young Alumnus of the Year
    2011 ALA National Law Related Education Teacher of the Year......
    2012 TLA Law Related Education Teacher of the Year

  10. #10
    65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ruston, LA
    Posts
    13,264

    Re: Landry Lyddy Interview on Fletch

    Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    Until he sets foot on campus, he is going to weigh all offers and he will pick the one he feels is best for him. A lot of kids go with the big name, but now days with COA and NIL that also can come with the potential for big bucks. I don't blame anyone for hedging their bets until crunch time.

    There is no loyalty in college athletics expected from anyone involved except the alumni/fans. Administrations lie/leave, coaches lie/leave and now the kids can as well. It has always been a business at least now the kids get a piece of the pie as well. COA, NIL and the transfer portal (free agency) are all things any kid making this decision has to consider now, that wasn't there 10 years ago.
    I don't have any problem with that at all.

    But its clearly not the case that there is no offer which could come that could sway his intention to Tech.

    I'm honestly not upset about it. Just wish this whole "commit until a bigger school asks" was handled in a more upfront way.

  11. #11
    Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    McKinney, TX & Franklin, TN
    Posts
    36,363

    Re: Landry Lyddy Interview on Fletch

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgBark View Post
    For a young'n Lyddy did well in the interview. He's probably not had much experience speaking on the radio/interviewing and Fletch did directly put him on the spot. Lyddy will learn with age about how to be more direct but for a 17 to 18 kid/young man, he did just fine... could tell his uneasiness/nervousness during the entire interview. I don't think he was being dishonest in his answer because "as of right now, Yes" is his answer. Of course Tech fans want it to be "Yes". What if Sonny C. were to receive his lifelong dream coaching offer and took it, should Lyddy still commit to Tech when that would mean another coach coming in last minute. What if Sonnyh hired a coach that made no sense offensively and was not in alignment with Lyddy's offensive strength/style of play, should Lyddy still sign with Tech? Before you say Sonny couldn't leave so quickly, I believe Tech had a basketball coach announce he was coming to Tech and quicker than he could be welcomed he was offered another coaching position elsewhere and took it. Seriously doubt Lyddy was aware of such a situation (basketball coach) and the coaches Sonny C. has brought in are good so that isn't really applicable here. Truth is Lyddy committed when it was Holtz & Co. and there is a new coaching staff now (appears these coaches will be much better, time will tell) but Tech is the one that changed their commitment to the recruits/players (although a much better commitment, but, it was a change). So the honest answer Lyddy gave was "as of right now, Yes". Fletch strongly praised Lyddy for his willingness to stick to his commitment and pointed out that two QB's have left Tech and should open things up significantly for Lyddy and Lyddy said he would not be surprised if a QB transfer comes in but had no problem with that and is not afraid of the competition (paraphrased). Hopefully, Lyddy doesn't make the same mistake so many others have made (Wudtee Sp? - QB from Parkway and others) by being enamored by a bigger name school only to sit the bench and knows the system Sonny C. is setting up at Tech will be explosive/electric and a great fit for a QB such as himself... hopefully we will know tomorrow.
    Just an FYI......Boise St and SMU both recently changed head coaches too. So.....there's no guarantee that those coaches will be there past next year either.

  12. #12
    Varsity Bulldog DawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to behold
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    234

    Re: Landry Lyddy Interview on Fletch

    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Just an FYI......Boise St and SMU both recently changed head coaches too. So.....there's no guarantee that those coaches will be there past next year either.

    True true

  13. #13
    Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Prosper, Tx
    Posts
    4,548

    Re: Landry Lyddy Interview on Fletch

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I don't have any problem with that at all.

    But its clearly not the case that there is no offer which could come that could sway his intention to Tech.

    I'm honestly not upset about it. Just wish this whole "commit until a bigger school asks" was handled in a more upfront way.
    I think that just has to be implied/understood to/by the fans. I get what you are saying but if you were the recruit and said i'm on board until something better comes along, some people would be awesome that refreshing, others would destroy an 18 yr old kid on social media etc.
    2008 Young Alumnus of the Year
    2011 ALA National Law Related Education Teacher of the Year......
    2012 TLA Law Related Education Teacher of the Year

  14. #14
    2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    13,280

    Re: Landry Lyddy Interview on Fletch

    Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    I think that just has to be implied/understood to/by the fans. I get what you are saying but if you were the recruit and said i'm on board until something better comes along, some people would be awesome that refreshing, others would destroy an 18 yr old kid on social media etc.
    It's all very much a polite fiction. I understand why so many get annoyed at the actual words being used here commitments that aren't really commitments and all that. Some new verbiage might help, but it'd still have to mean the same thing, some version of "I'm in unless something better comes along and I'm ready to stop being hassled by coaches all the time from other schools, at least mostly."

    I think it's a positive thing that increasingly the recruits know the score now. I think coaches have always known how it all works. But I think the players have finally started to catch on that some of the same level of commitment (at least from some schools) is going on the other way. And that the coach recruiting you may be gone the week after signing day (and almost certainly will be gone before you graduate).

  15. #15
    Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    7,120

    Re: Landry Lyddy Interview on Fletch

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgBark View Post
    Hopefully, Lyddy doesn't make the same mistake so many others have made (Wudtee Sp? - QB from Parkway and others) by being enamored by a bigger name school only to sit the bench and knows the system Sonny C. is setting up at Tech will be explosive/electric and a great fit for a QB such as himself... hopefully we will know tomorrow.
    https://nauathletics.com/sports/football/roster/keondre-wudtee/5151

    h
    ad forgotten about that guy..

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts