+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preview: LA Tech vs. UL-Lafayette

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Conf Sunbelt Preview: LA Tech vs. UL-Lafayette

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

After a week off from playing, Louisiana Tech returns home to face rival UL-Lafayette on Saturday at 11 a.m. inside the Thomas Assembly Center on Karl Malone Court.* The 167th meeting on record between the Bulldogs and Ragin' Cajuns will be televised on ESPNU and the WatchESPN app.

More...

Discuss it here.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

LA Tech vs. UL-Lafayette Digital Program

More...

Discuss it here.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Dogs Defeat a ULALA 78-69

Dunkin Dogs trailed at halftime 34-31, but took control in the 2nd half. I've given Cobe Williams some criticism this season for not carrying his weight in some of these early games. However, I'm happy to report that Williams had a monster game today, and not only carried his weight, but he carried Kenneth Lofton's weight as well, for a long spell in the middle of this game while Lofton was benched for being in foul trouble. When Lofton returned to the game, he was his old self and went to work doing what he does best: took control of the game.

Cobe Williams had 20 pts today, hitting 6 of 8 FG's and 7 of 8 free throws. He also had 7 rebounds and 3 steals. GREAT job by Cobe Williams today. Also, great job by Amorie Archibald, who finished with 18 pts and 100% free throw shooting (5/5). Lofton finished today with 17 points and 10 rebounds. Very solid day for him as well, including at least 2 "circus" shots that brought the crowd to their feet as the Dogs rallied late.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Dogs Defeat a ULALA 78-69

Amazing how much just thinking a few three-pointers will do to loosen up the defense and loosen up your players. We played a lot more aggressive when we started making shots from the floor.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Good win. Yep, Williams and Archibald stepped up huge today. Great job.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, “Who’s your daddy?” 
    And beating their lying crooked arses on biased espn was awesome!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Dunkin Dogs trailed at halftime 34-31, but took control in the 2nd half. I've given Cobe Williams some criticism this season for not carrying his weight in some of these early games. However, I'm happy to report that Williams had a monster game today, and not only carried his weight, but he carried Kenneth Lofton's weight as well, for a long spell in the middle of this game while Lofton was benched for being in foul trouble. When Lofton returned to the game, he was his old self and went to work doing what he does best: took control of the game.

Cobe Williams had 20 pts today, hitting 6 of 8 FG's and 7 of 8 free throws. He also had 7 rebounds and 3 steals. GREAT job by Cobe Williams today. Also, great job by Amorie Archibald, who finished with 18 pts and 100% free throw shooting (5/5). Lofton finished today with 17 points and 10 rebounds. Very solid day for him as well, including at least 2 "circus" shots that brought the crowd to their feet as the Dogs rallied late.
    And that’s with Jr sitting in the bench with 3 fouls for half the game. Incredible team and coaching effort!��

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

AMEN and AMEN! It was SO much fun to watch Williams in the 1st half and Jr. in the second! Great game!!!!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

The Hoop Troop sounded pretty rough. Other than that, great time at the TAC!

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Did one of the TV announcers actually say Tech was a good free throw shooting team? I know he did, but I never thought I'd ever hear "good free throw shooting team" and "Tech" used in the same sentence. Great win today and two wins over LSU (LSU-S and LSU-BR) next week would be even more greater.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    Did one of the TV announcers actually say Tech was a good free throw shooting team? I know he did, but I never thought I'd ever hear "good free throw shooting team" and "Tech" used in the same sentence. Great win today and two wins over LSU (LSU-S and LSU-BR) next week would be even more greater.
    And not getting someone hurt...

LSU-BR will be a tough nut to crack.

Bulldogs Storm Back to Defeat Cajuns

Louisiana Tech overcame foul trouble and poor shooting in the first half to storm back and defeat UL-Lafayette, 78-69, on Saturday inside the Thomas Assembly Center on Karl Malone Court.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Was great watching the game even though the first part of the first half was ROUGH to watch. Their forward gave us fits, until the fourth foul and played timid the rest of the game. He was all of the hype, but in the end Williams, Archibald, and Lofton, Jr. put it on their backs, and clutch free throws didn't hurt in the end. I notice that the guys are making sure they are centered and grounded before they release the FT. Someone is teaching. I just hate that we are so young with Crawford out now. Hunter has some growing to do inside, and we will need him more as the season goes on.

And loved seeing the 3's hit in the 2nd half. 0-14 in the first half I think I heard the announcers say was rough to watch.

I was proud of the effort out of Hunter. It was obvious he was outmatched, but he held his own on several trips down the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    And not getting someone hurt...

LSU-BR will be a tough nut to crack.
    Been watching the LSU vs. Ga Tech game....tiggers up big late, after trailing by 15 in the 1st half. They are long, athletic, active, and the #1 defensive team in the nation. They are now 9-0.

+ Reply to Thread