+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UL Bylaws Enforcement?

Big Dog Longdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to allLongdog is a name known to all

UL Bylaws Enforcement?

An out of state friend called inquiring where is the campus of the “Louisiana” school listed in the scores crawl-line at the bottom of the ESPN football game he was watching.

I explained that according to the University of Louisiana System bylaws*, none of the nine UL campuses are allowed to refer to itself as the “University of Louisiana” without the abbreviation of the town name of its location but there are two such campuses, in Monroe and Lafayette.

*University of Louisiana bylaws state that “the use of the University of Louisiana abbreviation must always include the abbreviation for the municipal location of the institution” and “the use of the University of Louisiana abbreviation must always include the abbreviation for the municipal location of the institution.”**
    This brings to mind who oversees that UL bylaws are enforced and how are any and all bylaws deviances handled?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: UL Bylaws Enforcement?

Quote Originally Posted by Longdog View Post
    An out of state friend called inquiring where is the campus of the “Louisiana” school listed in the scores crawl-line at the bottom of the ESPN football game he was watching.

I explained that according to the University of Louisiana System bylaws*, none of the nine UL campuses are allowed to refer to itself as the “University of Louisiana” without the abbreviation of the town name of its location but there are two such campuses, in Monroe and Lafayette.

*University of Louisiana bylaws state that “the use of the University of Louisiana abbreviation must always include the abbreviation for the municipal location of the institution” and “the use of the University of Louisiana abbreviation must always include the abbreviation for the municipal location of the institution.”**
    This brings to mind who oversees that UL bylaws are enforced and how are any and all bylaws deviances handled?
    I'll never call them that, and I get the opposition, but I think our cajun friends would point out that ESPN didn't call them "The University of Louisiana" in their crawl.

Bulldog veerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around here veerbone's Avatar

I believe the by-laws apply to official documents and designations, and I believe the University of Slow Learners gets around that by saying it's their "unofficial athletic branding"

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

They get around that rule by saying that THEY didnt call themselves "Louisiana', and it aint THEIR fault what ESPN calls them ...

It's a classic S.La "slick" manuver. (cf. Edwin Edwards) And for that, it holds my grudging respect.

"You guys cant call yourselves Louisiana. It's against the rules"
    "We didnt say that. Everyone else did."
    "But you told everyone else to call you that"
    "OK, but there aint a rule against that."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    They get around that rule by saying that THEY didnt call themselves "Louisiana', and it aint THEIR fault what ESPN calls them ...

It's a classic S.La "slick" manuver. (cf. Edwin Edwards) And for that, it holds my grudging respect.

"You guys cant call yourselves Louisiana. It's against the rules"
    "We didnt say that. Everyone else did."
    "But you told everyone else to call you that"
    "OK, but there aint a rule against that."
    That horse has left the barn, folks. Just more Louisiana crap and politics. I swear, when I drive across the state line into Louisiana these days, I always check for and secure my wallet.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

We got screwed and our leaders enjoyed it

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    We got screwed and our leaders enjoyed it
    Hahahahaha...sounds like Monica Lewinsky! She had one job and she blew it!!!

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Hahahahaha...sounds like Monica Lewinsky! She had one job and she blew it!!!
    LMAO

Laughette GEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

What I think your university's president realizes that people on a message board don't is that it doesn't help anyone to expend effort being petty and tearing down other universities. Whining about what we call ourselves on the football field doesn't make La Tech or any other UL school a better university. This is a lesson your athletic department is having to learn the hard way after it spent years trying to screw over in-state and Sun Belt athletic programs thinking it would somehow elevate La Tech.

Since y'all seem to be taking an interest in us, y'all might want to know that we officially became a "Tier One" school according to the Carnegie Classifications which puts us in a category with all of the top national research universities. This is a big feather in our cap and it will open up a lot of opportunities for us to further improve and better ourselves. It turns out that it doesn't matter what anyone calls you as long as you put in the work.

https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana...4c4b2253b.html

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GEAUX UL View Post
    tearing down other universities.
    Stating universities should follow the law and go by their real name is "tearing them down"? Would you care to explain that?

Whining about what we call ourselves on the football field doesn't make La Tech or any other UL school a better university.
    If what you call yourselves doesn't make you better than why did you try to change your name?

This is a lesson your athletic department is having to learn the hard way after it spent years trying to screw over in-state and Sun Belt athletic programs thinking it would somehow elevate La Tech.
    How did Tech screw over Sun Belt schools? Please feel free to provide valid sources.

Since y'all seem to be taking an interest in us
    I think we're more interested in schools in the University of Louisiana school system following the law. Don't flatter yourself. Notice how the other schools follow the law and we don't talk about them.

We officially became a "Tier One" school according to the Carnegie Classifications which puts us in a category with all of the top national research universities.
    That's great for you. Congratulations and I mean that sincerely.

https://carnegieclassifications.iu.edu/lookup/srp.php?clq={"basic2005_ids"%3A"15"}&start_page=st andard.php

Interesting though that exact phrase "University of Louisiana" is found twice on the official page of the classification. The original University of Louisiana is on there of course and then the University of Louisiana at Monroe's sister school, the University of Louisiana at Lafayette is also on there. Would you agree that the names on the list are correct?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    How did Tech screw over Sun Belt schools? Please feel free to provide valid sources.
    THIS. They love to talk about how Tech is all "arrogant" or "uppity". But it's all based off one off-hand remark from a former AD (one generally disliked by Tech fans).

As for ULL's elevation to Carnegie 1 status ... good on them. It's a shame their long history of bribery and corruption calls even that into question.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    THIS. They love to talk about how Tech is all "arrogant" or "uppity". But it's all based off one off-hand remark from a former AD (one generally disliked by Tech fans).

As for ULL's elevation to Carnegie 1 status ... good on them. It's a shame their long history of bribery and corruption calls even that into question.
    I still don't understand why Sunbelt fans are so insulted by what T-Mac said in that video? I've watched that video 500 times, and he didn't say anything insulting at all. All he said was that CUSA was not in any kind of merger negotiations with the Sunbelt. Period. That's it. What's so wrong with that?

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

In today’s world of wrongdoing and lawlessness if you can roll up to a store and walk out with anything you want and nobody dares to says anything then ULL can certainly pretend to be the fake school of Louisiana. It’s just goes with their pretender MO.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

What I think your university's president realizes that people on a message board don't is that it doesn't help anyone to expend effort being petty and tearing down other universities. Whining about what we call ourselves on the football field doesn't make La Tech or any other UL school a better university. This is a lesson your athletic department is having to learn the hard way after it spent years trying to screw over in-state and Sun Belt athletic programs thinking it would somehow elevate La Tech.

Since y'all seem to be taking an interest in us, y'all might want to know that we officially became a "Tier One" school according to the Carnegie Classifications which puts us in a category with all of the top national research universities. This is a big feather in our cap and it will open up a lot of opportunities for us to further improve and better ourselves. It turns out that it doesn't matter what anyone calls you as long as you put in the work.

https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana...4c4b2253b.html
    As others have said, congratulations! It's good for the state.

I know at 99% of the research dollars are in "wetlands" research, but I don't know if that includes coastal erosion.

If so, that's good for the state. It may one day be a part of saving a good portion of coastal Louisiana.

Puppy exflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeexflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeexflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeexflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeexflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeexflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeexflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeexflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeexflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeexflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeexflash Ultimate jerk and not worth your time exflash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    As others have said, congratulations! It's good for the state.

I know at 99% of the research dollars are in "wetlands" research, but I don't know if that includes coastal erosion.

If so, that's good for the state. It may one day be a part of saving a good portion of coastal Louisiana.
    ….you are correct about past research % to some wetlands projects,….but UL played a huge part in the COVID-19 projects and discoveries made….I remember I think Dr Taylor your past president…….he is T-Joe Savoie at UL…..damn I hated that guy because he did the most with the least…..I can see how just so much is done with great leadership and I think our President, AD, And football coach all fit that category…..I once heard Terry Bradshaw complain about coaches leaving Tech….well I hope we can refill with our FB loss, and think we have!

+ Reply to Thread