+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 21-22 Weekly Awards, Press Conferences

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Brooke Stoehr Weekly Press Conference - Feb. 8

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    "We don't want to be mediocre." - Coach Brooke

Hmmm, does she read this forum?
    I swear, I think she does (read it). That's just ONE example. There have been several times this year --such as her NEW emphasis on getting more than two players to do all the scoring-- that seemed to indicate that she reads this board.

A week after we discussed it, Brooke made Kate Thompson a starter, and went with a "bigger" lineup. Suddenly other people (besides Walker and Roberson) started scoring and contributing. Before making the change, Brooke's team had a 6-7 record against Div 1 competition, and averaged 60.2 ppg. Since making that change, Brooke's team is 6-1, and her team is averaging 69.4 ppg.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Brooke Stoehr Weekly Press Conference - Feb. 8

Well then, if she does read this board...Coach, your players have to get "meaner." I mean that in an aggressive/energetic/intensive way. Giving up 15 offensive rebounds to UTEP was (is) due to not moving into a defensive rebounding position when the shot is launched. Trying to react rather than being proactive. In the FIU game I counted 5 times when our players had their feet planted and they watched the shot in the air, while the opposition was anticipating where the ball will go if it missed. In the UTEP game it was even worse.

Some players have the instinct while others have to be taught. If the shooter is launching a 3 from the angle right of the goal then, if the shot is short, hits the rim, it has to bounce back to the right side, if the shot is long, hitting on top of the rim it will continue across to the left side of the paint. Threes are coming with more velocity so there's a good chance it could be a long rebound, versus a shot from 5 feet away. So! a team has to learn to immediately move into positions to account for the possibilities. And, have to be "mean" enough to put a body on opposing players to keep them from getting to the spot where the rebound is going. Then! go get it! Like a WR in football "snatching" the ball, reach out with both hands, firmly grasp the ball, be strong...do NOT wait for the ball to come to you standing flatfooted.

I should charge a consulting coaching fee.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Brooke Stoehr Weekly Press Conference - Feb. 15

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

More...

Discuss it here.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Walker’s Career High Fuels Fourth LSWA Player Of The Week Honor

RUSTON, La. –*Louisiana Tech's*Keiunna Walker was named the Co-LSWA*Women's State College*Basketball Player of the Week in the latest round of voting sharing the honor with Tulane's Moon Ursin. This Walker's fourth LSWA honor this season and second honor this month.

More...

Discuss it here.

Keiunna Walker Named C-USA Player of the Week

RUSTON, La. – Louisiana Tech's Keiunna Walker was named conference USA's Player of the Week today off the heels of her historic weekend.

More...

Discuss it here.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: Keiunna Walker Named C-USA Player of the Week

Boy, this seems like a no-brainer.
    Triple-double and a near double-double.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Keiunna Walker Named C-USA Player of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Boy, this seems like a no-brainer.
    Triple-double and a near double-double.
    She is our only consistently great player. Some of the others can have some really good games, but Walker has been dominant all season. Truly deserving!

Anna Larr Roberson Named C-USA Player of the Week

RUSTON, La.*– Louisiana Tech's Anna Larr Roberson was named conference USA's Player of the Week today after an incredibly strong finish to the regular season with wins at Old Dominion (65-62) and at home over UAB (82-56) to clinch their first conference title since 2011.

More...

Discuss it here.

Walker and Roberson Land on All-Conference Teams

RUSTON, La. –*Louisiana Tech women's basketball placed two players on the C-USA all-conference squads this season. Junior Keiunna Walker was selected first-team all-conference and sophomore Anna Larr Roberson was named to the second team.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Walker and Roberson Land on All-Conference Teams

Well earned... Honestly, I would have put both of them on the 1st team, but Anna Larr came on strong toward mid-season.

+ Reply to Thread