+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Preview: LA Tech vs. Marshall

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Re: LA Tech vs. Marshall Digital Program

Good info. They were looking for information about the TAC but that info about Memorial Gym and ESPN is good to keep for future reference.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Re: Preview: LA Tech vs. Marshall

Last night was one of the most satisfying wins I’ve watched in the last 10 years. I figured we’d win, but when KL went out early on a ridiculous foul and technical, I thought we would struggle to score points. After the first 5 minutes of the game, they flipped the switch and it was never in doubt. Hunter stepped up big time in KL’s absence and gave some meaningful minutes and dominated the boards, and the guard play was terrific. There was very few turnovers from memory. The threes from the big guy didn’t bother me too bad in a game we were in complete control of.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: LA Tech vs. Marshall Digital Program

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    ESPN launched on September 7, 1979. ESPN broadcast the Tech/Arkansas State game played on January 21, 1980. According the the "Lagniappe 1980" - "... on January 21 the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network televised the Southland conference game between Louisiana Tech and Arkansas State. The television cameras brought out a large crowd, but unfortunately the fans were disappointed. The Bulldogs were unable to overcome the team from Arkansas..."
    Kansas City Royals PxP announcer Fred White did the call on that game. And yes, Dickie V was there. That was about six weeks after he worked the first ESPN college basketball broadcast which was about a month after he was fired by the Pistons.

Kane should have started researching the facts long before the day of the game if he wanted to get it right for his radio spot.
    Last edited by FriscoDawg; 12-31-2021 at 12:17 PM.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

It seems like with had some ESPN games in the 1990s & 2000s with Sun Belt & WAC.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Millsap vs Fazekus 2006 was one of the best environments I can remember in the TAC. It was on ESPN2. I wanna say 5300 announced

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    I can't read lips, but it didn't look like Konkol was telling Junior to keep launching 3-point shots when he was pulled during the second half. Konkol definitely said something to Junior when he came out, and I don't think it was something Junior necessarily wanted to hear. Does anyone know what Konkol said to him?

I have not spent any time around Konkol, but my impression of him is he is not one to chew people out just to be chewing people out, but he will speak forcefully when he feels it is necessary to get his point across.
    Looks like Konkol feels a need to speak sternly to Junior in practically every game, but Junior does appear to take the “coaching” well while also maintaining good team attitude. Junior stays focused on the game from the bench cheering and encouraging his teammates.

Hopefully Junior understands some games are just not going to go his way whether it be of his own doing or not.

I would also add that Hunter stepping in and holding his own has been a plus. He was big Thursday filling in getting rebounds, scoring a few points and staying out of foul trouble.

Fingers crossed that Thomas can make the most of his opportunities so we can have a little more big-man depth.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post
    Looks like Konkol feels a need to speak sternly to Junior in practically every game, but Junior does appear to take the “coaching” well while also maintaining good team attitude. Junior stays focused on the game from the bench cheering and encouraging his teammates.

Hopefully Junior understands some games are just not going to go his way whether it be of his own doing or not.

I would also add that Hunter stepping in and holding his own has been a plus. He was big Thursday filling in getting rebounds, scoring a few points and staying out of foul trouble.

Fingers crossed that Thomas can make the most of his opportunities so we can have a little more big-man depth.
    When I coached I was hardest on my best players. I expected them to perform up to their ability...period. But, it also allowed me to fuss at the whole team. The average players saw me being hard on the all-stars so they didn't take it personally when I fussed at them. The psychology of coaching!

+ Reply to Thread