+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What will it take to send Brooke and hubby packing???

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Re: What will it take to send Brooke and hubby packing???

I'm glad the players are model citizens. That's important. But can't we aspire to something better? It's hard for me to believe our current investment in WBB can't draw better results. I'm not talking about competing with the universities with million dollar coaches. Do other CUSA schools invest more than we do in the sport? How have FGCU and the SDSU Jacks done so well over the last decade? I just checked, and their salaries are $185k and $235k, respectively.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    I'm glad the players are model citizens. That's important. But can't we aspire to something better? It's hard for me to believe our current investment in WBB can't draw better results. I'm not talking about competing with the universities with million dollar coaches. Do other CUSA schools invest more than we do in the sport? How have FGCU and the SDSU Jacks done so well over the last decade? I just checked, and their salaries are $185k and $235k, respectively.

Salaries and the budget have long been the crutch of the uninformed and the coach apologists.

Bulldog jycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Look, Brooke runs a clean program. The players have great GPAs, they graduate, and it is a real young team. Most of the starters are Freshmen.

I doubt they will have many wins in the C-USA, but WBB isn't what it used to be. It is lumped with Volleyball, Soccer, Tennis, etc... as a non revenue, non notoriety sport. And the big P5s dump tons of money into it now. There is no going back to the 80s and 90s. Recruits aren't coming to Tech to play for Coach Barmore.

Brooke supports the university and is a cheerleader for all the other sports. I can't say I am as worried about "winning" in WBB. You just keep giving her a minimum coach salary in perpetuity. It will be fine.

Spend your athletic budget in Football, MBB, Baseball, and even to a lesser extent Softball. These sports bring either money or notoriety or both. That is where your return on investment is.
    We will have to agree to disagree concerning this. She and hubby should be held accountable just like every other coach at La Tech. If you don't produce wins, don't improve the program, then you should be gone and someone else should be brought in. By the standards you have given above, Brooke shouldn't really even hold practice. She should call them all together on the court with their books and just study the time away. This hopefully ensures they graduate, and per your comments, we could care less whether she wins a game or not. I happen to believe we are better than that, but we will never find out unless she is held accountable. BTW: it seems I have seen excuses for her just about every year that she has been the head coach. I personally believe her time is up and it's time to get someone else (asst from a major program) that wants to improve their lot, as well as Tech's.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jycww View Post
    We will have to agree to disagree concerning this. She and hubby should be held accountable just like every other coach at La Tech. If you don't produce wins, don't improve the program, then you should be gone and someone else should be brought in. By the standards you have given above, Brooke shouldn't really even hold practice. She should call them all together on the court with their books and just study the time away. This hopefully ensures they graduate, and per your comments, we could care less whether she wins a game or not. I happen to believe we are better than that, but we will never find out unless she is held accountable. BTW: it seems I have seen excuses for her just about every year that she has been the head coach. I personally believe her time is up and it's time to get someone else (asst from a major program) that wants to improve their lot, as well as Tech's.
    What I am saying is beyond the 100 die hards left no one cares about the legacy of the Lady Techsters enough to pay the contract buyout for a NON REVENUE sport. (Maybe a former player, graduate, and former assistant coach would donate buyout money to her alma mater out of her millions she made for coming “home”) AD Wood already had to fund one dumb Tommy Boy buyout for Holtz.

It was posted earlier in the thread that her contract is set to expire in 2023. I highly doubt it will be renewed.

But yeah I’m sure you can find an up and coming WBB HC in the high school ranks or something to take over. Just not until her contract is done.

However, the reality of the WBB landscape today is the MILLION dollar coaches win every year and the have nots don’t. This isn’t going to change.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jycww View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    What I am saying is beyond the 100 die hards left no one cares about the legacy of the Lady Techsters enough to pay the contract buyout for a NON REVENUE sport. (Maybe a former player, graduate, and former assistant coach would donate buyout money to her alma mater out of her millions she made for coming “home”) AD Wood already had to fund one dumb Tommy Boy buyout for Holtz.

It was posted earlier in the thread that her contract is set to expire in 2023. I highly doubt it will be renewed.

But yeah I’m sure you can find an up and coming WBB HC in the high school ranks or something to take over. Just not until her contract is done.

However, the reality of the WBB landscape today is the MILLION dollar coaches win every year and the have nots don’t. This isn’t going to change.
    Both good points. There is no money and no will to find the money. It simply doesn't warrant much thought beyond that, sadly.

What I fear is that football will be like this in 10 years with the way the landscape is shifting.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    How many on this board could coach this team to a 20 point loss and what salary would you accept to be that coach?

Please someone remind me how much the two co-coaches make.
    Well, I don’t think anyone on here could convince a young woman to play for Tech so I don’t think they’d get far.

That being said, Techsters aren’t getting it done. But I don’t think they are a priority at the moment since WBB isnt a big draw.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Both good points. There is no money and no will to find the money. It simply doesn't warrant much thought beyond that, sadly.

What I fear is that football will be like this in 10 years with the way the landscape is shifting.
    Since Tech has the negotiation advantage, knowing Tech could just let her go in two years and she'd not get anything near like this job and two salaries, I'd offer her a three year contract extension at half the salary or less, for both co-heads. Throw in some bonuses for winning conference, making NCAA, winning one tournament game, etc.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Well, I don’t think anyone on here could convince a young woman to play for Tech so I don’t think they’d get far.

That being said, Techsters aren’t getting it done. But I don’t think they are a priority at the moment since WBB isnt a big draw.
    That's a silly thing to say. For the record, some of us "professional sales people" have sold stuff that's a hell of a lot harder to sell than a free, 4-yr education, to Louisiana Tech University. And yes, we've competed against great competition too when we did it.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    Since Tech has the negotiation advantage, knowing Tech could just let her go in two years and she'd not get anything near like this job and two salaries, I'd offer her a three year contract extension at half the salary or less, for both co-heads. Throw in some bonuses for winning conference, making NCAA, winning one tournament game, etc.
    I like the concept.

And ALL coaches' compensation needs to change and follow a performance-based model. And, overall, salaries need to come down and staffs be reduced. There are more suits on the bench than players on the floor.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I like the concept.

And ALL coaches' compensation needs to change and follow a performance-based model. And, overall, salaries need to come down and staffs be reduced. There are more suits on the bench than players on the floor.
    Administrative bloat is a significant cause of corruption or loss of quality in almost any industry you care to inspect.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Administrative bloat is a significant cause of corruption or loss of quality in almost any industry you care to inspect.
    I agree. How many of the suits on the sideline are grad assistants or trainers and how many are actually coaches?

Why does any coach, in any sport, need grad assistants? Is he/she doing research and is publishing peer-reviewed papers, and does he/she have to grade tests and papers? Nope!

Basketball: Two coaches (HC and Asst), a trainer, and 1 equipment person. That's it.

Oh, and why do football HCs have state troopers following them around? Bear Bryant started that crap! Are we to think someone might want to harm the HC...well, what about the assistants and all those players, don't they all need armed bodyguards too? That is one of many STUPID things about sports in general, college sports in particular. Some goofy football coach is so damn important he needs bodyguards!? Stupid, flatfoot cops would probably accidently shoot everyone but the attackers anyway.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Oh, and why do football HCs have state troopers following them around? Bear Bryant started that crap! Are we to think someone might want to harm the HC...well, what about the assistants and all those players, don't they all need armed bodyguards too? That is one of many STUPID things about sports in general, college sports in particular. Some goofy football coach is so damn important he needs bodyguards!? Stupid, flatfoot cops would probably accidently shoot everyone but the attackers anyway.
    Why do baseball managers wear uniforms? I don't see a football HC or basketball HC "suited" up...

I get it is a hold over from when there were player/managers EONS ago - I just think its stupid
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Why do baseball managers wear uniforms? I don't see a football HC or basketball HC "suited" up...

I get it is a hold over from when there were player/managers EONS ago - I just think its stupid
    But it's not changing because the playing rules say it isn't. Here is the main section from the 2021-2022 NCAA Baseball Rules that applies.

"When coaching the bases, the uniform game jersey must be worn. If a team jacket or windshirt is worn, it must include the team’s official logo and be consistent with the team’s uniform color and apparel. If both coaches opt to wear a jacket, the jackets must be uniform. At all other times, coaches are allowed to wear a team-issued jacket or windshirt."

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

They’re entering the suck stage of the season to do what they normally do.

+ Reply to Thread