+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What will it take to send Brooke and hubby packing???

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: What will it take to send Brooke and hubby packing???

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    Honest Question here. Do you think she does any of the following next year? Win the regular season, and/or the conference tournament, and/or get the auto or an at large bid....
    My expectations on wbb are slightly higher than those I have for volleyball and tennis and below softball...

So -

Excel in the classroom (check)
    Competitive on the floor (check)
    Don't embarrass the university (check)

So I'm ok with where we stand and the progress she made this year - wbb is just a totally different animal than it was 15-20 years ago and I accept that

My question is those of you calling for change - do you invest in season tickets for wbb? Make dedicated donations to wbb through LTAC? If you don't why are you so dead set on change?

Qualifying the fact I dropped my wbb season tickets a couple of years ago do to scheduling conflicts with a kid playing hs sports
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jycww View Post
    So if I understand you correctly, as long as she upgrades the talent (regardless of whether the opposing teams upgrade their talent more) and she wins one more game than the previous year (which would be improvement), then you believe she should stay..... get another year, etc.
    No "etc" from me. Only 2022-23 alone and then fully reassess. For Mrs Russdawg and me the home games have improved enough that we look forward to going to the games: they're worth the hour drive. The past two years we even considered not renewing.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    My expectations on wbb are slightly higher than those I have for volleyball and tennis and below softball...

So -

So I'm ok with where we stand and the progress she made this year - wbb is just a totally different animal than it was 15-20 years ago and I accept that

My question is those of you calling for change - do you invest in season tickets for wbb? Make dedicated donations to wbb through LTAC? If you don't why are you so dead set on change?

Qualifying the fact I dropped my wbb season tickets a couple of years ago do to scheduling conflicts with a kid playing hs sports
    Well said.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I think Brooke should have next season. I have no qualifiers for this because I don't think I need any.

Now, let me be clear. Brooke should know she is the HC for the 22-23 season. BUT! no guarantees for the 23-24 season. That has yet to be earned...as of February 18, 2022.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Next year shouldn't be a given with a double-digit loss to the second-worst team in the conference.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I think Brooke should have next season. I have no qualifiers for this because I don't think I need any.

Now, let me be clear. Brooke should know she is the HC for the 22-23 season. BUT! no guarantees for the 23-24 season. That has yet to be earned...as of February 18, 2022.
    Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Next year shouldn't be a given with a double-digit loss to the second-worst team in the conference.
    I retract my statement. Fire 'em today.

Bulldog jycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the ears

Losing by 10 to UTSA (which are now 6-19). Pitiful and embarrassing! Yet I am sure they showed a lot of energy and were likely pleasing to watch, so some on this board are happy little dogs! Geez, how some can still defend her and hubby are beyond me. To each his own.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

So -

I agree with the checklist above.

I also don’t think we have the resources to compete consistently at the top level of WBB anymore and I don’t think there would be enough ROI even if we did other than the pride of being near the top.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I also don’t think we have the resources to compete consistently at the top level of WBB anymore and I don’t think there would be enough ROI even if we did other than the pride of being near the top.
    I honestly would settle for not losing to 6-19 teams on a consistent basis. We aren't and never will be even talking about the top level.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I honestly would settle for not losing to 6-19 teams on a consistent basis. We aren't and never will be even talking about the top level.
    That’s everyone in WBB besides the top 30 or so teams. Everyone else is in a big pack of mediocrity

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

No one is talking about the top level of women's basketball. Let's start with the top level of C-USA.

Tech is in 8th place in the conference standings right now if you put all 14 teams together. There is no excuse for Tech to not be Top 4 in C-USA, and that should probably be no worse than Top 3 in the new C-USA in two years.

Top 4 in CUSA is an average at best women’s team. They may be better as the league gets weaker but that not actual improvement.

Top 4 in CUSA is an average at best women’s team. They may be better as the league gets weaker but that not actual improvement.
    That's the point for now. Tech is a below average team for the competition it is playing. Should be better than that by year 6.

Or that's just where we are now. Its either this is the level of player we attract now or our coaching staff is not getting the best out of its players etc.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think I have expectations of the program right now. I just want to win and, if we can do that, we start concentrating on the next game. As for as I am concerned, Walker is our only real star. I hope these younger players can start contributing more.

+ Reply to Thread