+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What will it take to send Brooke and hubby packing???

Bulldog jycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the ears

What will it take to send Brooke and hubby packing???

Seeing that we laid another egg last night against Marshall (after playing an unbelievable soft non-conference schedule), what do you think it will take to finally kick Brooke and hubby to the curb? We have now seen that our AD will make moves (witness HCSH), so what will be the final straw? Personally, I think we are already past that milestone (witness previous year's records, etc.) but for some reason she still remains. What will it take or is it that no one really cares anymore?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: What will it take to send Brooke and hubby packing???

You might be overestimating how much wbb moves the needle

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Depends if Tech actually cares about having success on the floor in WBB. Off the floor, Brooke does a great job...her players have good GPAs, they graduate, and they stay out of trouble. I don't think, generally speaking, anyone cares about actually winning. If Tech does, and the AD does, then Brooke probably has this season to deliver something good. Er, depending on her contract. No need to pay out money to a fired WBB coach. She might be allowed to hang around and run out her contract.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

How many on this board could coach this team to a 20 point loss and what salary would you accept to be that coach?

Please someone remind me how much the two co-coaches make.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

On the other hand, this is a very young team. Have just two seniors, neither of whom play much. Maybe Brooke should be allowed one more full season to see if she can actually develop the talent.

To answer your question, DJDAWG, I would do it for a lot less than the Stoehrs are paid. And, yeah, I could lose by 20 points too!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

It's going to come down to how HARD this team plays. I think it's too early to panic just yet. It's still December. But both the Marshall and ULL losses were disappointing. But as I've been saying, someone besides Walker and Roberson has to start stepping up and scoring and contributing. The Lady Techsters have too many "hangers on" right now, and not enough producers.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    How many on this board could coach this team to a 20 point loss and what salary would you accept to be that coach?

Please someone remind me how much the two co-coaches make.
    From Oct 2017 Shreveport Times:

"Brooke Stoehr set to receive 1-year contract extensions.

Athletic Director Tommy McClelland confirmed to The News-Star Tuesday morning the extension requests for the both coaches that he anticipated will be approved by the University of Louisiana System Board of Supervisors at their monthly meeting Thursday in Baton Rouge.

Stoehr will keep the structure on her original six-year, $1.376 million contract as she’ll earn $206,000 in 2018 and receive $10,000 salary increases each year until she maxes out at $246,000 with no changes to her bonus amounts. Her new deal will end in 2023. Prior to April 18, 2018, Stoehr’s buyouts start out at $350,000 and drops $50,000 annually until it reaches $150,000 in 2022. The women’s coach would owe the lesser of $100,000 or the portion of remaining sums until April 18, 2023."

Don't know if that includes Scott. Our last three conference records are non-winning: 8-8 last year, 6-12 the prior year, 6-10 three years ago. We all like and appreciate Brooke: do expect winning at some time? Or can we live medium-ocre?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

The amount of talk on message boards and attendance at Tech basketball in general tells you all you need to know about whether our school cares. How many were at the game last night? 1200? I hate I missed it. Not sure many people care that they missed it.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    The amount of talk on message boards and attendance at Tech basketball in general tells you all you need to know about whether our school cares. How many were at the game last night? 1200? I hate I missed it. Not sure many people care that they missed it.
    I very rarely missed a game during 6 years and 2 degrees at Tech. I hate to say it but at some point there are better ways to spend a night.

I may take my kids to a game if things work out. They're too young to understand poor basketball.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I just don't understand why Brooke can't get any production at all out of the players not named Walker and Roberson?

You complainers don't know 1/100th about basketball that Brooke does.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I just don't understand why Brooke can't get any production at all out of the players not named Walker and Roberson?
    Looking at the season stats, I see balance. What I don't see is enough points, rebounds, etc. I think the talent is there. It's frustrating watching the games when the wheels totally fall off the wagon. https://latechsports.com/sports/wome.../stats/2021-22

Bulldog jycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    You complainers don't know 1/100th about basketball that Brooke does.
    I would agree with your stance, however, with the "limited" knowledge that you say most of us have, if our record equals that of Brooke and hubby (loss after loss after loss, unless we play cheerleader U), then I would submit that it is past time for a change!

Quote Originally Posted by jycww View Post
    I would agree with your stance, however, with the "limited" knowledge that you say most of us have, if our record equals that of Brooke and hubby (loss after loss after loss, unless we play cheerleader U), then I would submit that it is past time for a change!
    I was joking...taking a stab at those who like to elevate themselves to the judge/jury with a "holier than thou" position whenever someone dares to criticize a Tech coach.

As for Brooke, I was an advocate of hers because I saw what she did at NSU, was a guest coach and attended some of her practices while at NSU. I heard her, saw her saying and doing all the right things and twice her teams started out awful and then went to the Big Dance because they got better and better during the season. Now, why that hasn't translated to her tenure at Tech, I can't say. Except maybe that CUSA is much tougher than the SLC. Maybe she has fallen short because she has recruited SLC talent rather than CUSA-level talent.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Look, Brooke runs a clean program. The players have great GPAs, they graduate, and it is a real young team. Most of the starters are Freshmen.

I doubt they will have many wins in the C-USA, but WBB isn't what it used to be. It is lumped with Volleyball, Soccer, Tennis, etc... as a non revenue, non notoriety sport. And the big P5s dump tons of money into it now. There is no going back to the 80s and 90s. Recruits aren't coming to Tech to play for Coach Barmore.

Brooke supports the university and is a cheerleader for all the other sports. I can't say I am as worried about "winning" in WBB. You just keep giving her a minimum coach salary in perpetuity. It will be fine.

Spend your athletic budget in Football, MBB, Baseball, and even to a lesser extent Softball. These sports bring either money or notoriety or both. That is where your return on investment is.

+ Reply to Thread