+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: What will it take to send Brooke and hubby packing???

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: What will it take to send Brooke and hubby packing???

Quote Originally Posted by jycww View Post
    I guess I started this discussion a while back because I was extremely frustrated with the state of the program, the lack of results, etc. I admit that this run was a surprise and the team should be congratulated. However, I can't jump on the bandwagon to extend her contract. I agree that she now deserves next year, but I am not willing to commit past that. Even with this year's run, I feel that it is long past due and we should have been here long ago. The downside of this argument is that with a coach on the last year of their contract, recruiting could be affected and I admit that. But all in all, while she may be a great person, I feel we can do better with another coach.
    I think this is fair. This is the performance of someone in year 2 or 3. Not whatever we're on. One more year to Dance.

Of course, she may not be able to overcome the fact that WE ARE LA TECH and therefore incapable of winning championships

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LT Techster fan View Post
    I never post just absorb what others are saying but here goes. We had a glimpse of a really good team but I agree that we have some gaps. Seems to me(just my opinion)the team can’t handle very physical and pressing teams. When we get pressed hard we seem to fall apart some. We have had season tickets since 1981 so I’m not a fair weather fan. Love the Techsters and just want them to succeed. I also think a big physical post player would be good. Seems like all teams have them now. Ok I’m done. Love those Techsters and we will be in our seats next year.

sorry this post should have been in different area. This is why I don’t post
    Keep this week free. I'm hoping for a HOME WNIT game

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Keep this week free. I'm hoping for a HOME WNIT game
    Probably against Tulane. Just gave the list of possibilities a quick glance and Tulane jumped out at me. Might be they will send us down there, but I tend to think we'll get the home game nod.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

I hate this about WNIT they wanna keep team regionally most of the time and that puts some good teams that could meet down the road meeting out of the gate.
    Tulane and Troy I bet we play one of them because we are somewhat close

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

LA Tech
    MTSU
    North Texas
    ODU

in the WNIT FIELD

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Pigtails (aka Prune Face) and LSU got pummeled last night by Ohio State, and at the PMAC too. She was completely and totally out coached. Her tiggers had just barely escaped Jackson State, and that thanks to obvious and purposeful bad calls by the refs. Well, at least she kept her clothes on last night...a welcomed reprieve.

Pigtails is a good recruiter, or has been, and no doubt can load LSU with some mega-talent. But in the X's and O's aspect she is mediocre at best.

Ohio State made her looky silly. I am done watching WBB for the season, just had to tune in and enjoy the slaughter. OSU built a 24-point lead and coasted to an easy win.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Pigtails (aka Prune Face) and LSU got pummeled last night by Ohio State, and at the PMAC too. She was completely and totally out coached. Her tiggers had just barely escaped Jackson State, and that thanks to obvious and purposeful bad calls by the refs. Well, at least she kept her clothes on last night...a welcomed reprieve.

Pigtails is a good recruiter, or has been, and no doubt can load LSU with some mega-talent. But in the X's and O's aspect she is mediocre at best.

Ohio State made her looky silly. I am done watching WBB for the season, just had to tune in and enjoy the slaughter. OSU built a 24-point lead and coasted to an easy win.
    I see Kim Mulkey is still living in your head RENT FREE. So she took over the Baylor women's basketball program that was in complete shambles and won THREE NATIONAL NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS. After 21 seasons at Baylor, she moves on to LSU, and takes a 9-13 program and turns it into a 26-6 program. Yet according to you "she is a good recruiter but in the X's and O's aspect she is mediocre at best." When you express such an asinine opinion that ignores the facts, you appear to look asinine.

Mike White left Tech and moved to Florida taking Tech players and a recruit with him, and now Eric Konkol has left for Tulsa. It remains to be seen what Konkol will do regarding current Tech players and recruits. When are you going to label them as traitors like you did Kim Mulkey?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    Mike White left Tech and moved to Florida taking Tech players and a recruit with him, and now Eric Konkol has left for Tulsa. It remains to be seen what Konkol will do regarding current Tech players and recruits. When are you going to label them as traitors like you did Kim Mulkey?
    I think everyone has labeled White a traitor -

So far Konkol has shown nothing but class with his exit - keeping players and staff informed of his intentions and then meeting with them in person and I seriously doubt he is trying to poach any of our current players after what he personally hand to deal with during White's exit to UF

Mulkey was everything but classy with her exit from Tech
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

So far Konkol has shown nothing but class with his exit - keeping players and staff informed of his intentions and then meeting with them in person and I seriously doubt he is trying to poach any of our current players after what he personally hand to deal with during White's exit to UF

Kim's legacy did take a hit due to the way she exited from Tech. Only her most fervent supporters can't see that.

Mulkey did not have instant success at Baylor. She had to recruit top talent, and that talent overcame any coaching deficiencies enough to win national championships. The question for me will always be many how national championships could she have won at Baylor if she could have stayed out of her own way. It was always about her first, and it will always be that way with her.

Overall, the SEC isn't exactly what it used to be in WBB. Tennessee might have also lost last night if one of the Belmont (that's right, Belmont) guards doesn't brick two free throws in the last few seconds. Mulkey was coaching a team that went 9-13 last year. LSU got overranked and overseeded at a 3 seed based on some unexpected success this year.

Mike White was always a hired mercenary, and that was the way he acted and should be remembered for his time at Tech. He became a mercenary for Florida the instant he stopped being a mercenary for Tech. He became a mercenary for Georgia the instant he decided to leave Florida. I won't remember Konkol in that same light if he continues to conduct his business as he has up to this point.
    Last edited by FriscoDawg; 03-22-2022 at 05:43 PM.

Oh no, Dwayne, pigtails is a goddess! The most pure and perfect human being on the planet. You and I and others are wrong, Sharky is right, as pigtails lives in his delusional head extracting a price.

Anyway, I enjoyed that slaughter last night.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Kim's legacy did take a hit due to the way she exited from Tech. Only her most fervent supporters can't see that.

Mulkey did not have instant success at Baylor. She had to recruit top talent, and that talent overcame any coaching deficiencies enough to win national championships. The question for me will always be many how national championships could she have won at Baylor if she could have stayed out of her own way. It was always about her first, and it will always be that way with her.

Overall, the SEC isn't exactly what it used to be in WBB. Tennessee might have also lost last night if one of the Belmont (that right, Belmont) guards doesn't brick two free throws in the last few seconds. Mulkey was coaching a team that went 9-13 last year. LSU got overranked and overseeded at a 3 seed based on some unexpected success this year.

Mike White was always a hired mercenary, and that was the way he acted and should be remembered for his time at Tech. He became a mercenary for Florida the instant he stopped being a mercenary for Tech. He became a mercenary for Georgia the instant he decided to leave Florida. I won't remember Konkol in that same light if he continues to conduct his business as he has up to this point.
    It's always fun to watch the impact Kim has on dawg80. I pulled for Kim at Baylor, but can't when she went to the dark side. She took a couple from Baylor (1 stayed, and 1 left again for Tulane), but the admin. probably encouraged her to go at the top because she couldn't keep her mouth shut and certainly is not the classy person the administration wants. She was speaking out against the location for the building project they are doing. There is a lot of love left from a lot of Baylor fans. I enjoyed the loss last night because it is LSU, and whether they are playing pick-up sticks, ping pong, BB or FB, I like to see them lose.

Well, pigtails is where she belongs and where she wanted to be all along. Scumbags flocking together.

But, for all of you lovers of puke purple and vomit yellow and prune face, enjoy cheering for the lady tiggers.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    It's always fun to watch the impact Kim has on dawg80. I pulled for Kim at Baylor, but can't when she went to the dark side. She took a couple from Baylor (1 stayed, and 1 left again for Tulane), but the admin. probably encouraged her to go at the top because she couldn't keep her mouth shut and certainly is not the classy person the administration wants. She was speaking out against the location for the building project they are doing. There is a lot of love left from a lot of Baylor fans. I enjoyed the loss last night because it is LSU, and whether they are playing pick-up sticks, ping pong, BB or FB, I like to see them lose.
    How are the Waco folks handling the lifetime streak of Sweet 16 appearances being over?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I am not going to rehash the debate over KM. But I do want to ask how many championship winning, once in a generation coaches are just good ole, salt of the earth, invite you over for Sunday lunch kind of people? How many of them are complete jerks?

I would argue you can count the former on 1 hand.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Perfect summary in a short post.

+ Reply to Thread