+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What will it take to send Brooke and hubby packing???

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Re: What will it take to send Brooke and hubby packing???

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    That's a silly thing to say. For the record, some of us "professional sales people" have sold stuff that's a hell of a lot harder to sell than a free, 4-yr education, to Louisiana Tech University. And yes, we've competed against great competition too when we did it.
    I had the occasion to meet Alana Beard one summer at a basketball camp my daughter was attending. Alana was still a student at Duke at the time. Since Alana is from Shreveport, I asked her why she decided to go to Duke instead of Louisiana Tech. Her answer was a question to me - If given the opportunity to get a free education at Duke or Louisiana Tech, which would you choose? Beard not only graduated from Duke, she also played in the WNBA for 14 seasons.

Now, I realize not every athlete is going to be recruited by Duke and not every athlete is going to choose a school based on the quality of education he or she believes he or she will receive there. I am proud of my BS and MBA degrees from Louisiana Tech and believe an education from Tech is very valuable so I believe Tech should be able to recruit quality student athletes in all sports.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    I had the occasion to meet Alana Beard one summer at a basketball camp my daughter was attending. Alana was still a student at Duke at the time. Since Alana is from Shreveport, I asked her why she decided to go to Duke instead of Louisiana Tech. Her answer was a question to me - If given the opportunity to get a free education at Duke or Louisiana Tech, which would you choose? Beard not only graduated from Duke, she also played in the WNBA for 14 seasons.

Now, I realize not every athlete is going to be recruited by Duke and not every athlete is going to choose a school based on the quality of education he or she believes he or she will receive there. I am proud of my BS and MBA degrees from Louisiana Tech and believe an education from Tech is very valuable so I believe Tech should be able to recruit quality student athletes in all sports.
    Will never convince me that the infamous Pigtails temper tantrum during Beard's official on-campus visit had nothing to do with it.

Back to the issue at hand today...cue Pink Floyd. Just another brick in the wall.

If this keeps up it will be an easy decision for Dr. Wood.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Is Brooke's contract almost up?

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Based on the posts above, unless the boy wonder slipped something in that we aren't aware of it expires after next season.

I would make the point that the time to make a move would be after THIS season if it stays on the current downward track. Why wait an extra year?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I agree. I think change will happen under AD Wood after this season. Only way Brooke gets another year is to win the conference tournament. We dont see that happening.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

We aren’t talking very much money when it comes to any of our Olympic sports. Make the move whenever.

I agree. I think change will happen under AD Wood after this season. Only way Brooke gets another year is to win the conference tournament. We dont see that happening.
    With the team this young, a championship game appearance would be enough for me. Unless something drastic changes, this is looking more like one and done.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    We aren’t talking very much money when it comes to any of our Olympic sports. Make the move whenever.
    WBB is supposed to be a revenue generator. It isn't doing that because of numerous bad decisions over the last 15 years. That has to change.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I think I asked before, but don’t remember the answer. Has our basketball program ever been a money maker?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    WBB is supposed to be a revenue generator. It isn't doing that because of numerous bad decisions over the last 15 years. That has to change.
    Where would that revenue come from? Ticket sales? Popcorn?

As you know, the MBB teams don't make money unless they go to the dance. WBB can win a NC and still not make money.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Tech can recoup the cost by hiring the next coach at half the cost as the co-heads.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Where would that revenue come from? Ticket sales? Popcorn?

As you know, the MBB teams don't make money unless they go to the dance. WBB can win a NC and still not make money.
    The first baby step is to sell more tickets and not lose as much money. Can't see that happening without changes that will need to start at the top of the program if home results like today keep happening.

Southern Miss is mediocre at best and losing games like that does nothing to help ticket sales, recruiting, or anything else.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Well, if Tech couldn't generate positive cash flow in WBB up to about 2003 or so then shame on 'em, and all the more reason to fire every effing English major, Education major in administration and hire MBAs to be president(CEO), CFO, COO, etc...

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Based on the posts above, unless the boy wonder slipped something in that we aren't aware of it expires after next season.

I would make the point that the time to make a move would be after THIS season if it stays on the current downward track. Why wait an extra year?
    FYI, looks like boy wonder did slip in one extra year. From Shreveport Times Sept 5, 2018:
    Stoehr signs extensions for second straight year

Louisiana Tech head women’s basketball coach Brooke Stoehr landed an extension for the second straight season, with her deal now running through the 2023-24 campaign.

link:
    https://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/sports/college/la-tech/2018/09/05/louisiana-tech-3-coaches-agree-new-deals-contract/1208926002/

Next four games are on the road. Lots of home games in February, I'm gonna make them all in Ruston.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    FYI, looks like boy wonder did slip in one extra year. From Shreveport Times Sept 5, 2018:
    Stoehr signs extensions for second straight year

Louisiana Tech head women’s basketball coach Brooke Stoehr landed an extension for the second straight season, with her deal now running through the 2023-24 campaign.

link:
    https://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/sports/college/la-tech/2018/09/05/louisiana-tech-3-coaches-agree-new-deals-contract/1208926002/

Next four games are on the road. Lots of home games in February, I'm gonna make them all in Ruston.
    Everyone knows I am a Brooke fan from when she played for us and now. She seems to always have a better second half of the season than first half, but it is usually too late by that time. This goes back to her NW State days too. I haven't looked before that. We were making a good run in the conference tournament last year until it was called off. There is still a chance to turn this around and I hope she can do it. I know we have more talent than last year and I know they are young (mostly freshmen). In any case, it is time for her to start winning and doing it earlier in the season.

+ Reply to Thread