+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What will it take to send Brooke and hubby packing???

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: What will it take to send Brooke and hubby packing???

And those complainers...don't!

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

Scott DOES NOT make the same salary as Brooke. He is paid as an assistant coach. He has the title of Co-Head because of Louisiana’s nepotism laws.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    Tech can recoup the cost by hiring the next coach at half the cost as the co-heads.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    Scott DOES NOT make the same salary as Brooke. He is paid as an assistant coach. He has the title of Co-Head because of Louisiana’s nepotism laws.
    Reading comprehension is not your strong suit, is it?

Never said that. Next.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

I was able to watch the Techsters game today since it started several hours before the Bulldogs game. If the Lady Techsters keep playing like they have the last few games, maybe Tech shouldn't send Brooke and hubby packing. Of course the whole game wasn't great, but parts were fantastic.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    I was able to watch the Techsters game today since it started several hours before the Bulldogs game. If the Lady Techsters keep playing like they have the last few games, maybe Tech shouldn't send Brooke and hubby packing. Of course the whole game wasn't great, but parts were fantastic.
    I didn't watch, but it sounds like a much more complete game. Brooke's teams have always improved as the season moves forward. It would be great to get hot before the conference tournament.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

They hustled almost every play. Looked like they wanted it, and FIUettes didn’t look too shabby.
    Most plays were under control. It’s been a while since I’ve seen this quality of play out o the ‘sters.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by OLDBLUE View Post
    They hustled almost every play. Looked like they wanted it, and FIUettes didn’t look too shabby.
    Most plays were under control. It’s been a while since I’ve seen this quality of play out o the ‘sters.
    That is great to hear! Let's just hope they keep that up and keep improving as they go!

Bulldog jycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the ears

Seriously? This is what we have come to........ a 6-6 record in conference and we have some saying that maybe we need to keep them??? I recall the day I sat with her at a table when the Dog show came to Houston. I think it may have been her first or second year and I recall her telling those at the table that the Lady Techsters will turn around and be something we can be proud of. Oops, that's a failure. With having to buyout Skippy, I can somewhat understand the argument that we have to keep her and hubby until their contracts run out next year, but c'mon........ there is nothing in her coaching resume at La. Tech that says she has restored the Techsters to at least decent, above average basketball team. We continue to accept mediocrity. It's time to thank her for her service, and kick her and hubby to the next unsuspecting university.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jycww View Post
    Seriously? This is what we have come to........ a 6-6 record in conference and we have some saying that maybe we need to keep them??? I recall the day I sat with her at a table when the Dog show came to Houston. I think it may have been her first or second year and I recall her telling those at the table that the Lady Techsters will turn around and be something we can be proud of. Oops, that's a failure. With having to buyout Skippy, I can somewhat understand the argument that we have to keep her and hubby until their contracts run out next year, but c'mon........ there is nothing in her coaching resume at La. Tech that says she has restored the Techsters to at least decent, above average basketball team. We continue to accept mediocrity. It's time to thank her for her service, and kick her and hubby to the next unsuspecting university.
    I just hope that we finish out what's left of a hopefully shortened contract with minimal damage.

Any improvement from here on is too little too late.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

It's wbb -

Right above volleyball

As long as it took to clean up Weatherspoon's and Summitt's crapfest - I'm fine with it
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    It's wbb -

Right above volleyball

As long as it took to clean up Weatherspoon's and Summitt's crapfest - I'm fine with it
    But, couldn't we have a clean program and still dance now and then? Surely the two are not mutually exclusive.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    But, couldn't we have a clean program and still dance now and then? Surely the two are not mutually exclusive.
    Hopefully - but we know it can get worse, and this year we are beginning to see some light at the end of the tunnel with a very young squad

The fact she can get any decent recruit into the bldg with what went on under Spoon and Summit is a step in the right direction

Haven't sold tickets to that program for years - why throw more good money after bad when you can not renew after next year if need be
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Hopefully - but we know it can get worse, and this year we are beginning to see some light at the end of the tunnel with a very young squad

The fact she can get any decent recruit into the bldg with what went on under Spoon and Summit is a step in the right direction

Haven't sold tickets to that program for years - why throw more good money after bad when you can not renew after next year if need be
    How dare you, Sir.

Entering this portion of the board without acting as if it's not 1999 anymore!

Where are your baby blue colored glasses, your sleeved jersey, and your banner that says "I love Kim".

I think it's in the best interest of everyone to allow Brooke one more year. No extension of her contract in the meantime. Her future at Tech depends on how the team is performing by this time next year. If it's the same old mediocre mess, then fire her and hubby and allow an assistant to finish out as interim HC.

This is a young team, but truthfully, freshmen are no longer freshmen by this time in their career. They have been around long enough now, 20+ games of Div I hoops, to be productive, have caught up to the speed of the game, etc...if they haven't then there are other problems. No more excuses.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    How dare you, Sir.

Entering this portion of the board without acting as if it's not 1999 anymore!

Where are your baby blue colored glasses, your sleeved jersey, and your banner that says "I love Kim".
    Not sure you'll find many Kim lovers here any more, especially after how she's acted about Tech recently.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I think it's in the best interest of everyone to allow Brooke one more year. No extension of her contract in the meantime. Her future at Tech depends on how the team is performing by this time next year. If it's the same old mediocre mess, then fire her and hubby and allow an assistant to finish out as interim HC.

This is a young team, but truthfully, freshmen are no longer freshmen by this time in their career. They have been around long enough now, 20+ games of Div I hoops, to be productive, have caught up to the speed of the game, etc...if they haven't then there are other problems. No more excuses.
    How many "one more year"s does she get? What can be done in 6 that wasn't done in 5? (can't remember the exact years)

+ Reply to Thread