+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Preview: LA Tech vs. WKU

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Preview: LA Tech vs. WKU

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I thought Konkol made excellent adjustments at half and down the stretch

We missed alot of wide open shots in the first half - not only 3’s but layups and put backs - Sharp was in their heads but they adjusted

I thought the crowd was ok considering it was Jan 1st

#55 Justice and #20 McKnight were killers in the 2nd half - they made shot after shot in every situation except the last one that was attempted (8 for 9 from behind the arc before the last miss)

Strangest game I’ve ever been at and seen us win

With a 10 pt halftime lead - Western shot 50% from the floor and 80% from behind the arc in the second half and LOST….
    This game was very reminiscent of LA Tech's 76-74 NIT Semi-Final win over Colorado State in Frisco last March. The Dogs trailed in that one by 11 points with 8 minutes left to play. They never had the lead in that one until the last 2:51, and didn't secure the victory until Lofton broke a 74-74 tie with a slam dunk basket with only 1 second left to play.

Today, the Dogs won 74-73, but never had the lead until the last 5 seconds of the game. One thing is for sure, Konkol's Dawgs know how to scratch and claw and win close games.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    This game was very reminiscent of LA Tech's 76-74 NIT Semi-Final win over Colorado State in Frisco last March. The Dogs never had the lead in that one until the last 2:51 in that one, and didn't secure the victory until Lofton broke the 74-74 tie with a slam dunk basket with only 1 second left to play.

Today, the Dogs won 74-73, but never had the lead until the last 5 seconds of the game. One thing is for sure, Konkol's Dawgs know how to scratch and claw and win close games.
    Lead briefly at 3-0 but your point stands

I think Konkol has matured into a fairly strong X&0 guy to go along with his ability to recruit and there is no doubt that it appears he has a strong culture in that lockeroom and his players respond to him and his staff
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Bulldogs Ring in 2022 with Come-From-Behind Victory

• LA Tech scored 53 second-half points, the most against a Division I opponent this season.
    That says it all right there.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Klueless...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I was at the game. It was a weird, weird comeback. You don't have 1/100th of an understanding of basketball as Konkol. It shows but you don't know it shows.
    I agree I do NOT have 1/100th of an understanding as Klueless Konkol...I have MORE understanding. Thanks for agreeing.

Varsity Bulldog Bulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Klueless...
    Yes. Yes you are.

I am so glad all of you are thrilled with Konkol. Do you think we'll be in the same regionals in the Dance as previous Konkol teams? I do...

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I am so glad all of you are thrilled with Konkol. Do you think we'll be in the same regionals in the Dance as previous Konkol teams? I do...
    UAB & UNT are both very, very good this year. That could cause us a problem.

UAB & UNT are both very, very good this year. That could cause us a problem.
    Nah, we have Konkol. He knows how to beat dem guys.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

That says it all right there.
    Gotta Luv It! Go Dunking Dawgs.

Big Dog Dorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to behold

Every time Tech would get the lead down to single digits, #55 Justice and/or #20 McKnight would pop a couple of threes and bury us again. That must have happened 4 times in the second half.

Impressive that Tech never gave up despite all those frustrating setbacks and kept digging hard.

I thought the first half game plan was fine. Shoot from outside and avoid the 7’5” guy, but our guys who were nailing shots two days ago just went cold as ice. They later started trying going inside to Junior more, and props to him for some slick moves around the basket with big guys all over him most of the time. And thank the lawd that Williams and Willis found their 3 point stroke late in the game.

Crazy game. Great win.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Lead briefly at 3-0 but your point stands

I think Konkol has matured into a fairly strong X&0 guy to go along with his ability to recruit and there is no doubt that it appears he has a strong culture in that lockeroom and his players respond to him and his staff
    I'm not as well-versed in the intricacies of basketball coaching as dawg80, but I think Konkol is doing a fine job. I don't think him being selected as Conference USA Coach of the Year last year was a fluke. If Tech had shot better than 18% in the first half, the WKU game might have been a blowout. It seems like he treats the players like men and family and they respond and respect him. I dare say Tech would have a difficult time finding anyone better - particularly when you consider how much Tech can offer money-wise. I think some P-5 schools are probably already looking at him. If Tech makes it to the Big Dance and does well, Tech might find itself looking for a new coach.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I will just say now that it is the next morning that I was giving up, but kept watching and THANK GOD I DID! WOW! I won't weigh in on Konkol too much, except that he didn't let his guys give up. That was a miracle comeback and made for GREAT TV! What a game!!!!! I was in disbelief at the end. And, that one foul that everyone thought was a bad foul too early in the clock ended up being a perfect timed foul. If they made the free throws, we had last possession. If they missed, we had last possession. it was perfect, even though at the time the announcers didn't think so... GREAT GAME!!!!!!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

It was an awesome made for TV game!!!!!!!!!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Man…wonder what this team looks like if Crawford was healthy.

+ Reply to Thread