+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Preview: LA Tech vs. WKU

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Preview: LA Tech vs. WKU

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Wes Unseld, Paul Silas, "Milkdud Head" Charles Barkley...all short and stout, but all NBA Hall of Famers.
    Can’t argue there are some HOFer’s built similarly to Jr. It just seems like 6’8” and 6’9” guys built more like Malone, Lebron, and others like that have had more success. I’ll admit, I don’t watch the NBA, so I could be way off.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    I'm not as well-versed in the intricacies of basketball coaching as dawg80, but...........
    LOL! That's funny right there....

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Not sure that Lofton is going to get taller. He will have to develop an outside game to have success at the next level. And trim down quite a bit. Still a lot of development needed before he should leave.
    It's interesting that you bring that up. I can tell Kenneth Lofton Jr. is overweight right now. Especially compared to what I saw last spring when he played in the NIT in Frisco, and this past summer when I saw him play in the FIBA Under-19 World Cup Tournament in Latvia for the U. S. team. Frankly, I think he needs to drop about 15 lbs to get some of his finesse back. I want to see more of Lofton's dance steps under the basket.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    It's interesting that you bring that up. I can tell Kenneth Lofton Jr. is overweight right now. Especially compared to what I saw last spring when he played in the NIT in Frisco, and this past summer when I saw him play in the FIBA Under-19 World Cup Tournament in Latvia for the U. S. team. Frankly, I think he needs to drop about 15 lbs to get some of his finesse back. I want to see more of Lofton's dance steps under the basket.
    Agree on the dance steps and that is exactly what they are. He is magical under the basket! A few pounds off would help him, but he does move people with his body. He is VERY quick under the basket for his size. It throws off most people when they see him. Him being a guard in high school helped him a LOT!

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Lofton doesn't exactly glide up and down the floor like a Cobe Williams, but he must be in much better aerobic shape than he was since he played for 36 minutes in the game. There were a few times he was late getting back on defense, but for the most part I thought he had good hustle. He moves pretty good for a rotund person when he has had breakaway steals. A person's BMI is not always the best indicator for determining fitness. I think his junk in the trunk is more of an asset than a liability. I say let the boy be #BuiltDifferent

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Agree regarding Lofton. That said, I don't think he'll jump unless he gets a first round grade. He's still a youngster and could potentially polish up his game for more money overall if he waits another year. Maybe a good NIL deal could keep him, not that he really needs money because he comes from a stable home. We'll see. As for the team, it's hard for me to not think about what could have been with Crawford. It's not just his scoring but also his rebounding and passing we miss. Anyway, probably a one bid league again this season unfortunately.

Last thing about Sharp, his length makes it very difficult to get around his ball screens. It was like trying squeeze through a barbed wire fence.
    I think the NIL program is going to keep some players in school longer than they would have stayed in prior years. Now, here's a crazy thought - how many athletes enjoy the college experience so much they are not in a big hurry to leave, especially if there is not a huge need for money? I'm talking about the social aspects of college - not the classroom part. There are numerous videos of Lofton interacting with other students on campus. I think chances are good he'll stay at Tech for at least one more season - but I could certainly be wrong.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the NIL program is going to keep some players in school longer than they would have stayed in prior years. Now, here's a crazy thought - how many athletes enjoy the college experience so much they are not in a big hurry to leave, especially if there is not a huge need for money? I'm talking about the social aspects of college - not the classroom part. There are numerous videos of Lofton interacting with other students on campus. I think chances are good he'll stay at Tech for at least one more season - but I could certainly be wrong.
    I don't remember where I read it, but I remember seeing that his parents put a VERY high emphasis on education. They will want him to finish his degree. Some do that on the side later, I guess, though. Right now, I am just enjoying having him on our team. I hope Konkol is out looking for the next star now...

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I don't remember where I read it, but I remember seeing that his parents put a VERY high emphasis on education. They will want him to finish his degree. Some do that on the side later, I guess, though. Right now, I am just enjoying having him on our team. I hope Konkol is out looking for the next star now...
    Junior's dad has been on the Port Arthur School Board since 2007 and was most recently re-elected in November 2020. I'm confident Junior will at least seek the advice of his parents regarding what he should do. https://www.panews.com/2020/11/03/po...-school-board/

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Here's my advice to Junior...play all the years you can at Tech. Doesn't he get 5 years of eligibility because of the China Virus mess, or was that the just the previous year? Anyway, play at Tech for FOUR years!

There...now that that is settled, move on to other topics.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

We want 5! We want 5!

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Cobe Williams needs to become more consistent. We need a dependable 12 pts/game from him on average, which includes scoring in the first half of games too. Sometimes, like the last two games, we will need him to score more, like 20, but if he ever becomes a consistent scorer it will elevate his game to lofty heights. I mean ONE OF THE BEST GUARDS IN THE NATION kind of heights.

Again, Lofton needs to let the game come to him. He was flustered and playing scared in the first half...the guy opposing him is only 7' 5" don't know why he was hesitant....

Konkol...the klueless one! Gameplan vs. WKU is obvious, and this game should never have been in doubt. Instead Konkol got his ass bailed out by the players. Speaking of the players...

WTG Dawgs!

Do you mean like this?

+ Reply to Thread