+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fans...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Fans...

and alums.

This week I agreed to be the Managing General Partner of a real estate LLC. Yes, I am easing out of real estate but this was a great opportunity and really I am doing it to help a friend who is still building his real estate portfolio. So, to make this about fans and alums...

our first meeting was the other night. It was an informal meet & greet as members of the LLC got to meet each other and to develop our business plan. One guy comes in wearing a Liberty Football shirt, and then a husband/wife couple come in both sporting Appalachian State shirts. I was not wearing any school garb. During the wine and cheese mixer I engaged them in conversation. Let me get to the point, the Liberty guy played football there, just completed his enlistment in the Army, discharged while stationed at Fort Polk, and is a humble, down to Earth fellow. We spoke briefly about Liberty joining CUSA and he is pleased since he now resides in Louisiana and he'll be able to see them play more.

The Appy State couple...good folks and they will make strong members of the LLC. They live in Natchitoches, she works at NSU, and he works for a local construction company. They said they have been going to see Appy State play when they come to Monroe and Lafayette. And...they hate Louisiana Tech! and "their arrogant fans." I played it cool and asked why. Has Appy State ever played Tech in any sport? No, they said. Just that Tech thinks it is "all that" and "it ain't shit". When we were saying our good nights later I said to the Appy State couple, "I will pass on your warm thoughts to Tech fans, since I am a proud Tech alum and fan." Should have seen the look on their faces. They started stammering, we didn't mean anything, ya know, it's just fan talk stuff.

I think it's funny. Fans talk chit on message boards (and I do too!) but face to face will act differently, usually much better.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Re: Fans...

Yeah, lots of big talk when nobody’s there to confront you!

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

I'm sure the Appy State fans were talking about LSU fans, not Tech fans. You know how folks get us Tech folks confused with the LSU ones!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    I'm sure the Appy State fans were talking about LSU fans, not Tech fans. You know how folks get us Tech folks confused with the LSU ones!
    Right...

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    Are you suggesting Dawg80 smelled like corndogs?

Big Dog LongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the rough LongtimeDawgfan's Avatar

I have property in the mountains 15 miles from Boone and App State. I wear my Tech stuff all the time when I’m up there and have never had anyone say anything negative about Tech. As a matter of fact all the App State fans I have had the pleasure of visiting with have been nothing but complementary of Tech.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

I've never met an actual Appalachian State alumnus or fan in real life (at least to my knowledge), I've never been to Boone, NC, and I don't believe LaTech has ever played them in anything.

Therefore, I don't have enough information to form any opinion about them nor their school.

Quote Originally Posted by LongtimeDawgfan View Post
    I have property in the mountains 15 miles from Boone and App State. I wear my Tech stuff all the time when I’m up there and have never had anyone say anything negative about Tech. As a matter of fact all the App State fans I have had the pleasure of visiting with have been nothing but complementary of Tech.
    I too had a good experience while in Boone some years ago. I was there with some folks looking at real estate in North Carolina, and we went into Boone that morning to grab breakfast. It was a Saturday and it was a home football game. The tailgaters were everywhere, in parking lots of businesses up and down a boulevard like they were waiting for a parade. And maybe they were... I spoke with some Appy State fans in the restaurant. I was not wearing Tech garb but told them who I supported and got nothing but positive responses.

Maybe the couple I spoke of have been hanging around Monroe and Lafayette types and have been corrupted, I can't say.

BTW we made only one purchase on that trip and was close to Hickory, NC. many miles from Boone.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    I've never met an actual Appalachian State alumnus or fan in real life (at least to my knowledge), I've never been to Boone, NC, and I don't believe LaTech has ever played them in anything.

Therefore, I don't have enough information to form any opinion about them nor their school.
    When Kyle was 4 we drove all the way up there to take a ride on Thomas The Tank on the Great Smokey Mountain RR....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Here's another aspects of fanship...the ridiculous.

I am a member of a CFB Facebook group and a Bama fan went all nutso, got drunk and woke up in a Walmart parking lot...ya know, a Bama fan, Walmart, goes hand in hand doesn't it! Anyway, he says he got in trouble with the police, didn't make it into work this morning, has a bad shoulder which he injured during his drunken rampage last night....I mean, really? Unless you bet a fortune on the game, which would also be very dumb, then you had nothing riding on the outcome. It is just a game, sheeesh!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Some people have no chill.

+ Reply to Thread