+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chargers vs. Raiders

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Chargers vs. Raiders

I don't watch too much NFL, except the Saints for brief spurts , and certainly don't watch other teams. But yesterday we had friends over and as we enjoyed wine & cheese and fellowship I had football on we all got caught up in the Chargers-Raiders game. One of the best regular season games I have seen in a long time. The Charges converted something like 7 (that's SEVEN!) 4th and longs in crunch time. Of course it had to be a critical time in the game else you punt, not go for it in your half of the field on 4th and 10. Raiders won in OT as time expired 35-32.

It was just one of several crucial games, with the playoffs on the line, that went OT.

The Saints did their part beating the Dirty Birds, 30-20, but SF beat the Rams, in OT. Beating those stinky birds is satisfying no matter the circumstances. Crazy season, Saints set an NFL record using something like 60 different starters, including 4 QBs. Finished 9-8, good coaching job by Sean Payton.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Chargers vs. Raiders

Would have been a tie (and both teams make the playoffs), but the Chargers called a timeout to try to force the Raiders to punt. So the Raiders convert on 3rd Down and kick a FG to win.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I don't watch too much NFL, except the Saints for brief spurts , and certainly don't watch other teams. But yesterday we had friends over and as we enjoyed wine & cheese and fellowship I had football on we all got caught up in the Chargers-Raiders game. One of the best regular season games I have seen in a long time. The Charges converted something like 7 (that's SEVEN!) 4th and longs in crunch time. Of course it had to be a critical time in the game else you punt, not go for it in your half of the field on 4th and 10. Raiders won in OT as time expired 35-32.

It was just one of several crucial games, with the playoffs on the line, that went OT.

The Saints did their part beating the Dirty Birds, 30-20, but SF beat the Rams, in OT. Beating those stinky birds is satisfying no matter the circumstances. Crazy season, Saints set an NFL record using something like 60 different starters, including 4 QBs. Finished 9-8, good coaching job by Sean Payton.
    There is a lot of talk in NOLA today about the fact SF might have done the Saints a favor. As players and coaches and fans we all want to make the playoffs.

At the same time, with Taysom Hill going down and with everything this team is going through there is almost no way they would have gotten past the Rams. And even if they get past the Rams you would be asking either Trevor Simian or Ian Book to beat Green Bay in Green Bay.

Going out with a win over ATL and regrouping for next year might be the best for everyone involved. Better draft picks and more time to begin to focus on the best possible QB target for next year - Russell Wilson.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Going out with a win over ATL and regrouping for next year might be the best for everyone involved. Better draft picks and more time to begin to focus on the best possible QB target for next year - Russell Wilson.
    I hope we don't do that. Too pricey for too little production of late.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Russ intrigues me -

He has a good 5 to 7 years left

They should of never gave "Can'tGuardMikeBecauseI'mNeverOnTheField" a big contract...

Taysum is not an NFL qb - and on top of that his game makes him very injury prone

I don't know what/who the answer is - I just know he is not in the building
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Russ intrigues me -

He has a good 5 to 7 years left

They should of never gave "Can'tGuardMikeBecauseI'mNeverOnTheField" a big contract...

Taysum is not an NFL qb - and on top of that his game makes him very injury prone

I think with Jameis, they would’ve won 12-13. I agree about Thomas.

With what we had out, this was SP’s best coaching job since the Super Bowl.

With Gardner Minshew, we might’ve won 12!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Wasn't just QB issues, the Saints had injury problems across the board. Heck, for the Miami game the Saints literally flew in two guys that afternoon who started on the OL that night. Not a good mix when Ian Book was making his first NFL start and we had a patch-work OL in front of him. The ESPN TV guy said something like, "tonight it's the Miami Dolphins versus some of the New Orleans Saints." They chuckled a little, but it was the unfortunate truth.

Just a side note, I just love Cam Jordan. Not only is he a great player, but he's an even better person. For instance, saw video of him speaking with Saints fans after the game in Atlanta, signing autographs, and high-fiving kids. This was clearly well after the game was over, maybe 20 mins after, and he was still out there interacting with fans. He didn't have to do that.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Yep. The problem with RW or any other QB wanting $40 plus million is the fact the defense would have to be gutted for cap purposes.

You really need someone who wants to play for Sean Payton at a reduced rate with the hope of making it up in endorsements with deep playoff runs and/or Super Bowl titles.

One could say no one wanted Drew Brees, concerns over his shoulder injury, and that included Nick Saban with the Dolphins. Thanks Nick, much appreciated!

Payton can develop QBs, so we need a guy who starts out as a bargain basement guy and then earns his pay raises. Need to keep our defense together.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

In the end I think they offer Jameis a 2-year deal at roughly $20 million per season (a steal for an NFL starter in the coming decade).

They get everybody back healthy and they try to make a run without having to gut the defense.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Yep. The problem with RW or any other QB wanting $40 plus million is the fact the defense would have to be gutted for cap purposes.

You really need someone who wants to play for Sean Payton at a reduced rate with the hope of making it up in endorsements with deep playoff runs and/or Super Bowl titles.
    Exactly. I remember reading an article a few years ago that basically said if you want to win Super Bowls, you either need a surefire HoF QB that is willing to be underpaid or you need a great QB on his rookie deal.

The Chiefs vs. Bills game just passed the game in the thread title as the "game of the year." (thus far...)

So much for my prediction of the Bills vs. Brady (Bucs) in the Super Bowl, both lost on the last play of the game yesterday.

Don't like the NFL OT rule. They changed it when the Saints beat the Vikes in the NFC Championship game in 2009 (2010), requiring a TD on the first series. They need to assure both teams have the ball at least once. A coin flip shouldn't decide the outcome of such a great game like that, but it did last night.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

The new "Game of the Year" was played yesterday, between the Buffalo Bills and the KC Chiefs. This game sponsored the NFL's two best QB's --other than Brady & Rodgers-- and they both brought their "A" game. Might have been the best football game I've seen in a decade.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The Chiefs vs. Bills game just passed the game in the thread title as the "game of the year." (thus far...)

So much for my prediction of the Bills vs. Brady (Bucs) in the Super Bowl, both lost on the last play of the game yesterday.

Don't like the NFL OT rule. They changed it when the Saints beat the Vikes in the NFC Championship game in 2009 (2010), requiring a TD on the first series. They need to assure both teams have the ball at least once. A coin flip shouldn't decide the outcome of such a great game like that, but it did last night.
    I concur with this. It's absurd to not give both team's the ball, and to have a damn coin flip decide who wins. Just when you think the NFL has got it all figured out, they get exposed for their ignorance in front of the world.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Bad coaching lost that ballgame for the Bills - squib the kickoff, leave Mahomes one play or two plays at most…

Also KC missed an extra pt and a makable FG

I say in the playoffs put 8 minutes on the clock tee it up and regular rules apply
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread