+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Tech Announces Football Schedule Change for 2022 - latechsports.com

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: Louisiana Tech Announces Football Schedule Change for 2022 - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by TruDawg View Post
    Maybe we could get Army to come here in 2023 and return there sometime from 2024-2027. Other teams that appear to have openings in 2023 include Kansas State, UCF, and BYU
    USM could do Ruston in '23 and Hattiesburg in '24 (we could consider the @NC State game as one of our "home-and-away G5 series" except that the timing is off for the 6 home game schedule). Maybe we could return a USM game in 2026.

UNT has a series scheduled with SMU that will be changing to a conference game. So they could probably do Ruston in '23 and Denton whenever. They actually have SMU and Memphis for 2023 and will be looking.

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/louisiana-tech/

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Louisiana Tech Announces Football Schedule Change for 2022 - latechsports.com

My guess is that by 2027ish none of it will matter -

Really look for a total breakaway by the top P5s within the next 5 to 10 years....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    My guess is that by 2027ish none of it will matter -

Really look for a total breakaway by the top P5s within the next 5 to 10 years....
    won't they still need bodies to play or will they only #compete against themselves.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a feeling they will only count games against themselves. They may play charity games for the little guys, but eventually, they will only be allowed to count the 12 regular season games that are played against P5 competition.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I have a feeling they will only count games against themselves. They may play charity games for the little guys, but eventually, they will only be allowed to count the 12 regular season games that are played against P5 competition.
    Nah. Who'd vote for that? If we're talking about the P5 as it is now, you've got to remember that Vanderbilt, Oregon State, Rutgers, Duke, and Kansas all still get a vote. Heck, they play FCS games now. They'd still want to play us, at least sometimes.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    won't they still need bodies to play or will they only #compete against themselves.
    Hearing spring games...

They will all go to 9 or 10 conference games (probably 9) and two OOC games against similar schools (one home one away)
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I suppose some of this could be Baylor not wanting to return the 2023 game. Not totally clear (it usually isn't) who is driving this.
    Baylor fans are saying we wanted out of it, but I don't know if that has been confirmed. According to them, Mizzou contacted TECH to play there so they could have a home game. I don't know any of the details, but what they are saying makes sense. Baylor fans are not at all happy about it, and they don't have an opponent yet, so I am guessing at least part of what they are saying is correct.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Hearing spring games...

They will all go to 9 or 10 conference games (probably 9) and two OOC games against similar schools (one home one away)
    That’s what I was thinking will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Baylor fans are saying we wanted out of it, but I don't know if that has been confirmed. According to them, Mizzou contacted TECH to play there so they could have a home game. I don't know any of the details, but what they are saying makes sense. Baylor fans are not at all happy about it, and they don't have an opponent yet, so I am guessing at least part of what they are saying is correct.
    I guess Mizzu bought their way out of their game @MTSU and wanted a home game.

I still don't really see the reasoning for Tech here, only thing would be that bottom line (which sort of goes against the stated goal from the same press release, but obviously these things are rarely discussed openly). Maybe we'll get a little more clarity when we see who Baylor schedules in that spot. If it's a G5 away game as part of a one-for-one or two-for-one, I'm going to be raising an eyebrow at the Tech side of this. If it ends up being another 2 money games in Waco, I guess I'll assume it was from their side (or mutual).

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I guess Mizzu bought their way out of their game @MTSU and wanted a home game.

I still don't really see the reasoning for Tech here, only thing would be that bottom line (which sort of goes against the stated goal from the same press release, but obviously these things are rarely discussed openly). Maybe we'll get a little more clarity when we see who Baylor schedules in that spot. If it's a G5 away game as part of a one-for-one or two-for-one, I'm going to be raising an eyebrow at the Tech side of this. If it ends up being another 2 money games in Waco, I guess I'll assume it was from their side (or mutual).
    If we only had a beat reporter...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    BYU has to lose some games in 2023 to join Big XII. UCF might still be G5 at that time.
    I know what you meant but if you read your statement with a different twist, it looks like BYU has to lose games, as opposed to winning some games, in order to be Big 12 worthy. LOL! Oh, BYU is too good for the Big 12, but if they would lose some games, well then...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by News_Bot View Post
    A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

RUSTON, La. - Louisiana Tech Director of Athletics Eric Wood announced changes to the 2022 and 2023 Bulldog football schedules.

More...

Discuss it here.
    So, we play 3 of 4 OOCs on the road in 2022. Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    So, we play 3 of 4 OOCs on the road in 2022. Not good.
    It was that way already, it's just that now instead of getting a home game back in 2023 for one of them and a home game back in 2027 for another, we're getting back that 2027 game and. . .more money for this year? . . .and a home opening for next year? . . .to start the home version of another home-and-home?

Or something.

Bulldog jycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the ears

Is there a way to determine if we cancelled or was it Baylor? If Baylor cancelled, does that imply that we got $$$ to let them out of the contract? Wonder how much it was worth?

Quote Originally Posted by jycww View Post
    Is there a way to determine if we cancelled or was it Baylor? If Baylor cancelled, does that imply that we got $$$ to let them out of the contract? Wonder how much it was worth?
    FOIA. Or I guess, just ask Dr. Woods. Maybe start with the second option.

But only Tech for FOIA, Baylor wouldn't have to respond.

+ Reply to Thread