+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Tech Announces Football Schedule Change for 2022 - latechsports.com

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all

Re: Louisiana Tech Announces Football Schedule Change for 2022 - latechsports.com

I was looking forward to going to Waco. But I'm not disturbed by the switch. We all were crying for the AD to fix the mess Wonderboy left us with in the HC position. Some felt like he was dragging around and not going to address it. He did. Quickly. My faith in Dr. Wood was strengthened by his swift action dealing with our former HC and the hiring of our new HC. I'm going to give him latitude with this decision. Let's face it, not much Wonderboy did benefited Tech even though on the surface it seemed like it did. We've been hollering for 6 home games as well. Maybe, just maybe, Dr. Wood is cleaning up the mess he inherited with scheduling after taking care of the HC position.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Louisiana Tech Announces Football Schedule Change for 2022 - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by BCSDAWG View Post
    I was looking forward to going to Waco. But I'm not disturbed by the switch. We all were crying for the AD to fix the mess Wonderboy left us with in the HC position. Some felt like he was dragging around and not going to address it. He did. Quickly. My faith in Dr. Wood was strengthened by his swift action dealing with our former HC and the hiring of our new HC. I'm going to give him latitude with this decision. Let's face it, not much Wonderboy did benefited Tech even though on the surface it seemed like it did. We've been hollering for 6 home games as well. Maybe, just maybe, Dr. Wood is cleaning up the mess he inherited with scheduling after taking care of the HC position.
    That's more than fair. I'm certainly not owed anything but I am interested to know if this is genuinely a better deal

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Maybe Baylor was still wanting 2 home games out of it and Wood just didnt see that working out.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Maybe Baylor was still wanting 2 home games out of it and Wood just didnt see that working out.
    Exactly!

He saw what a horrible deal our former AD made (hoping to MAYBE get something personally in return) and the China virus cancellation gave us the out. It freed up three years worth of schedule issues and we got the same money we'd have gotten over that three years in one. Before somebody mentions how much we'd have gotten for the game in Ruston...We didn't sell out Miss St either time. The second game in Ruston had an embarrassing attendance, but remember that was the first game that our former AD decided to take advantage of longtime Tech supporters.

So many things were wrong about the hiring of our former AD.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Former Tech player Jacob Peeler will apparently be on staff at Missouri. He was a Dooley era guy right?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Former Tech player Jacob Peeler will apparently be on staff at Missouri. He was a Dooley era guy right?
    Bicknell / Jacob Peeler - Football Coach - Ole Miss Athletics (olemisssports.com)

Peeler added a master’s degree in kinesiology in 2008 from Mississippi State after receiving his bachelor’s degree in education in 2007 from Louisiana Tech. At Louisiana Tech, he played two seasons (2005-06) and started all 13 games as a senior for an offensive line that helped the Bulldogs produce 4,479 total yards. Peeler redshirted his first season in Ruston in 2004.
    Peeler arrived at Louisiana Tech after playing every offensive snap for two seasons in 2002 and 2003 at Holmes Community College (Goodman, Mississippi), where he earned All-America as well first team all-state and first team All-NJCAA Region 23 honors.
    Played for Bicknell, coached with Dooley/Dykes and followed Dykes to Cal
    Peeler arrives in Columbia after two seasons as offensive coordinator at Texas State (2020-21), three seasons at Ole Miss (2017-19) and four seasons at California (2013-16). Peeler's coaching stops also include Louisiana Tech (2009-12) and Itawamba C.C. (2008).

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Earlier than I thought (coached for us too, for Dykes).

Just (randomly) noticed another coaching connection to Missouri (I promise I haven't looked at their staff roster, although now I'm thinking I should).

Y'all see who their Safeties coach is? Former Tech DC Blake Baker.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Erik Link (Missouri, Special Teams) was on Skip's staff in 2018.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

There seem to be rumors that the schools moving to the Sun Belt will not be able to move this year so the conference schedule may stay the same. USM, Marshall and ODU were trying to move and start playing in the Sun Belt this year- 2022.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    There seem to be rumors that the schools moving to the Sun Belt will not be able to move this year so the conference schedule may stay the same. USM, Marshall and ODU were trying to move and start playing in the Sun Belt this year- 2022.
    ...all while our idiot CUSA commissioner is leaving USM with the 2022 baseball tournament. Unbelievable!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    This is good news if it ends up being the case.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Here's how Louisiana Tech football benefitted from scheduling Missouri in 2022 (fosters.com)

The contracts for both the Baylor series and the Missouri game were obtained by the News-Star.When scheduled to play at Baylor, the only compensation was that the home team would pay travel expenses for the visitors. With the Missouri contract, Missouri will pay Louisiana Tech $500,000 for the game on Sept. 3.

Tech will also get 500 complimentary tickets for followers (including the band) and the opportunity to purchase up to 1,500 additional tickets.

Yeah, I saw that. I mean, 500K is more than nothing. And probably more in real cash money than the gate from the return game (which seems to have been a consideration).

But it's also not the going rate for these games, is it? I mean, 500K is more than nothing, sure. But if you're going to give up your home P5 game anyway, we couldn't do better than that? We couldn't get 750K? 600K?

Maybe not given the timetable, but I don't know. I'm still not turning somersaults over this whole thing. Yet another "yeah, I guess, there is sort of an explanation but still lots of obvious questions" scheduling move by Tech. That's par for the course though.

Excited for the start of the Cumbie era either way.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Yeah, I saw that. I mean, 500K is more than nothing. And probably more in real cash money than the gate from the return game (which seems to have been a consideration).

But it's also not the going rate for these games, is it? I mean, 500K is more than nothing, sure. But if you're going to give up your home P5 game anyway, we couldn't do better than that? We couldn't get 750K? 600K?

Maybe not given the timetable, but I don't know. I'm still not turning somersaults over this whole thing. Yet another "yeah, I guess, there is sort of an explanation but still lots of obvious questions" scheduling move by Tech. That's par for the course though.

Excited for the start of the Cumbie era either way.
    I think I agree with you. If I understand this correctly, it not a straight trade of nothing from Baylor vs 500K from Missouri. Rather it's a P5 home game against Baylor --which would certainly draw a lot of Baylor fans & tire kickers---- vs the 500K money from the trip to Missouri.

Assuming the Baylor game would draw an additional 15K fans (includes Baylor fans, extra Tech fans and north Louisiana tire kickers), that's roughly 750K at $50 each. And doesn't include the money spent by all the fans hitting the bars, restaurants and hotels in downtown Ruston.

+ Reply to Thread