+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 49

Thread: Preview: LA Tech vs. Southern Miss

  1. #16
    Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    state of incredulity
    Posts
    8,475

    Re: Preview: LA Tech vs. Southern Miss

    i have concluded that keaston willis is a basketball player (not just a three-point shooter).

  2. #17
    I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    16,946

    Bulldogs Remain Unbeaten in Conference with 80-57 Win

    A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:



    Louisiana Tech remained perfect at home and in conference on Thursday night as they pulled away from Southern Miss in the second half to register an 80-57 victory inside the Thomas Assembly Center on Karl Malone Court.

    More...

    Discuss it here.

  3. #18
    Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    39,096

    Re: Preview: LA Tech vs. Southern Miss

    The early schedule has been extremely favorable. And, no return trip to WKU??? Wow! But we play twice vs. UNT and UAB. Rice looks tough and very capable of beating us, especially at their place.

    Yep! the homestand coming up is HUGE! HUGER! HUGEST!

  4. #19
    Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    35,152

    Re: Preview: LA Tech vs. Southern Miss

    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The early schedule has been extremely favorable. And, no return trip to WKU??? Wow! But we play twice vs. UNT and UAB. Rice looks tough and very capable of beating us, especially at their place.

    Yep! the homestand coming up is HUGE! HUGER! HUGEST!
    I think Rice and UAB are going to be the toughest tests for us. No more slow starts, which seems to be out biggest problem. I could see us splitting with those two. UNT is not far behind. I do think we are the best in the conference, though. Just have to show it from the opening tip and not let our guard down on the games that we SHOULD win...

  5. #20
    Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,483

    Re: Preview: LA Tech vs. Southern Miss

    Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    Solid overall. We have SEVERAL guys coming off of bench that are playing like they deserve more minutes.

    Nice problem to have
    I agree Tech has a lot of talent up and down the bench this year. Hopefully there will always be at least one or two players who will have a hot hand each game - doesn't have to be the same one each game. I'm sure Junior would love to get a double-double every night, but getting him to buy into feeding the open man whenever he is double and triple-teamed will go a long way to having a successful season for the team. Thankfully Junior is a great passer (most of the time - makes me wonder how often he practices the behind the back thru the legs pass). You can tell the team has been working on plays to run whenever Junior is double and triple-teamed.

    Maybe it was because the camera focused on Konkol more during the game, but it seemed to me he spent more time coaching up individual players during the game than usual.

  6. #21
    Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Posts
    37,727

    Re: Preview: LA Tech vs. Southern Miss

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    Maybe it was because the camera focused on Konkol more during the game, but it seemed to me he spent more time coaching up individual players during the game than usual.
    The last three years it's been interesting to see the evolution of his interaction with his team both on the floor and on the bench during the game over his first few years here - it doesn't matter whether its a tight game or a blow out

    He is not afraid to get their attention but he is also quick to really praise them -

    It's pretty evident these guys are playing for HIM and by into his system
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

  7. #22
    Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    9,607

    Re: Preview: LA Tech vs. Southern Miss

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    The last three years it's been interesting to see the evolution of his interaction with his team both on the floor and on the bench during the game over his first few years here - it doesn't matter whether its a tight game or a blow out

    He is not afraid to get their attention but he is also quick to really praise them -

    It's pretty evident these guys are playing for HIM and by into his system
    Coaching players up during a game is needed with this bunch being as young as it is overall.

    They can make a great play on one possession but just as quickly make a bonehead play on the next. Junior's attempted between-the-legs bounce-pass fell into the bonehead category.

  8. #23
    Varsity Bulldog dadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the roughdadawgula is a jewel in the rough
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    401

    Re: Preview: LA Tech vs. Southern Miss

    Beat USM Sunday and six days to promote the UAB game at 3:00, Saturday, January 22, 2022. There is no excuse to not have four or five thousand at the game and anything over 3K gets very loud. I am telling everyone about it and you should do the same. This is one of biggest home games in quite a while. What is Tech doing to get butts in the seats!!!

  9. #24
    Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    McKinney, TX & Franklin, TN
    Posts
    36,251

    Re: Preview: LA Tech vs. Southern Miss

    Very happy to see Willis finally heating up. From scoring only 4 pts at UTEP & 3 pts at UTSA last week, to scoring 21 last night.

    And what's going on with Junior? In the last 3 games, he's scored 11 pts (at UTEP), 12 pts (at UTSA) and then only 7 last night.

    The wins are happening, and that's what matters. But this team is very unpredictable. Maybe that the way Konkol prefers it?

  10. #25
    Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    McKinney, TX & Franklin, TN
    Posts
    36,251

    Re: Preview: LA Tech vs. Southern Miss

    Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I think Rice and UAB are going to be the toughest tests for us. No more slow starts, which seems to be out biggest problem. I could see us splitting with those two. UNT is not far behind. I do think we are the best in the conference, though. Just have to show it from the opening tip and not let our guard down on the games that we SHOULD win...
    Forget Rice. The Owls lost to UNT, 75-43. That's a butt whooping there. So, it's UNT that's got a box of "whoop azz" waiting for us if we don't play well. UAB and UNT. It's all about beating those two twice now.

  11. #26
    Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    McKinney, TX & Franklin, TN
    Posts
    36,251

    Re: Preview: LA Tech vs. Southern Miss

    Over the last 4 games, LA Tech has scored 21 pts (vs WKU), 25 pts (vs UTEP), 26 pts (vs UTSA) & 31 pts (vs USM) in the FIRST HALF of those 4 games. Tech can't do that against top tier competition like UAB and UNT and expect to win. We'll get run out of the building. Tech has gotta play two full halves to beat UAB & UNT.

  12. #27
    Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,483

    Re: Preview: LA Tech vs. Southern Miss

    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Very happy to see Willis finally heating up. From scoring only 4 pts at UTEP & 3 pts at UTSA last week, to scoring 21 last night.

    And what's going on with Junior? In the last 3 games, he's scored 11 pts (at UTEP), 12 pts (at UTSA) and then only 7 last night.

    The wins are happening, and that's what matters. But this team is very unpredictable. Maybe that the way Konkol prefers it?
    I think Junior is fine. He only took 6 shots, making 3 of them, but he also had 10 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block, and 2 steals. There are a lot of reasons he won't be able to score a lot of points each and every game. Teams that decide "Junior is not going to beat us" and double and triple team him are going to be able to keep his points down. Also teams that are good at shutting down passing lanes to him are going to cut into his points production. In those cases, you realize we are going to have to get points a different way. I know it is a worn out cliché, but you take what the other team gives you. This year Tech is certainly not a one trick pony.

  13. #28
    Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    35,152

    Re: Preview: LA Tech vs. Southern Miss

    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Forget Rice. The Owls lost to UNT, 75-43. That's a butt whooping there. So, it's UNT that's got a box of "whoop azz" waiting for us if we don't play well. UAB and UNT. It's all about beating those two twice now.
    You are correct. Didn't Rice beat UAB, though? That is what I was basing my post on, but UNT owned them.

  14. #29
    Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    35,152

    Re: Preview: LA Tech vs. Southern Miss

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    I think Junior is fine. He only took 6 shots, making 3 of them, but he also had 10 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block, and 2 steals. There are a lot of reasons he won't be able to score a lot of points each and every game. Teams that decide "Junior is not going to beat us" and double and triple team him are going to be able to keep his points down. Also teams that are good at shutting down passing lanes to him are going to cut into his points production. In those cases, you realize we are going to have to get points a different way. I know it is a worn out cliché, but you take what the other team gives you. This year Tech is certainly not a one trick pony.
    I absolutely LOVED seeing Jr. cheer on other players scoring and all the assists. He is an unselfish player and that means that he isn't always going to score in bunches. Double and triple him, though, and we have some big time weapons that he can get it to. I like how we are spreading it around and finding out who is hot that day. Jr. did a great job of that from the inside out and didn't seem concerned to not get his double double.

  15. #30
    2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    13,185

    Re: Preview: LA Tech vs. Southern Miss

    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Forget Rice. The Owls lost to UNT, 75-43. That's a butt whooping there. So, it's UNT that's got a box of "whoop azz" waiting for us if we don't play well. UAB and UNT. It's all about beating those two twice now.
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    You are correct. Didn't Rice beat UAB, though? That is what I was basing my post on, but UNT owned them.
    I could be wrong about this, but didn't Rice have a bunch of players out in that UNT game?

    Maybe not, but I thought I read that somewhere.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts