+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Betcha Didn't See That Coming / USFL thread

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Betcha Didn't See That Coming

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    They've got FOX & NBC backing them / 1st game will be broadcast on both networks. I don't think it will last though. I think Spring leagues need to focus on being AA/AAA for the NFL. Also, they need to be a proving ground for up-and-coming coaches/referees and place for the NFL to test out rule changes. The only way one of these will work is if it has the backing of the NFL (IMO).
    I agree -

And I bet the vast majority of the $150 million isn't in cash - i.e. cost of promotion/advertising and broadcast costs

They won't make it a half season
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    They won't make it a half season
    That makes you more optimistic than me on this venture.

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    The only way one of these will work is if it has the backing of the NFL (IMO).
    I think that's the key, and I haven't heard anything resembling support from them on this one.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

It will really depend on the QBs they can get. Poor or average QB play will kill this quickly.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Skip's predictable offense will be stellar.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure any kind of minor league for football will ever make it as an NFL feeder. The game is so violent and every hit they suffer even in “semi-pro” level will squash potential at the next level.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

A Holtz team is high energy, fast, speed and space... Here it is straight from the horse's mouth - a stallion even. https://twitter.com/USFLStallions/st...29343990059009

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Yeah, so he’s essentially saying he’s going to have a team that plays nothing like he coaches. We’ll see about that. One thing is probably for sure no lead will be safe in the 4th quarter.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    If they actually get this crap show off the ground he will have plenty of chances, as all league games will be played in Birmingham.
    I knew that when I posted. Half the schedule might not be enough.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

This USFL rebirth thing is just weird. All games will be played in Birmingham, AL. That pretty much means 98% empty seats for a majority of the games.
    It will be interesting to see how Holtz, Sumlin, and Fedora do knowing that college has been the their highest level of coaching experience. Of course I tend to believe coaching at some P5 schools is a higher tier than USFL coaching.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Skip's predictable offense will be stellar.
    LMAO!!!!

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    A Holtz team is high energy, fast, speed and space... Here it is straight from the horse's mouth - a stallion even. https://twitter.com/USFLStallions/st...29343990059009
    "I like to have fun. I'm an energy guy"...really? Seriously? Did that come out of his mouth? I kinda feel sorry for the guy. He is washed up.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BCSDAWG View Post
    "I like to have fun. I'm an energy guy"...really? Seriously? Did that come out of his mouth? I kinda feel sorry for the guy. He is washed up.
    I will admit Holtz is a clown.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Holtz wouldn’t even be considered an energy guy at the nursing home.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post
    This USFL rebirth thing is just weird. All games will be played in Birmingham, AL. That pretty much means 98% empty seats for a majority of the games.
    It will be interesting to see how Holtz, Sumlin, and Fedora do knowing that college has been the their highest level of coaching experience. Of course I tend to believe coaching at some P5 schools is a higher tier than USFL coaching.
    Every FBS job is better than the USFL. As sportdawg said earlier the only way one of these leagues makes it is if the NFL backs it. The reason the NFL never backs any of these start-ups is because they already have the best minor league program in American sports. It is called the NCAA and it supplies tons of NFL ready talent every year for free. Any new football league in America is already in third place.

Even if we are terrible in Sonny's first year (I think we will be great), Tech will have a team in 2023. Skip could win all his games this year and his league fold before 2023.

Most of these coaches were not even in football this past season. Nobody is leaving a stable job for this. They were all like Skip, jobless. The only thing this league has going for it is if MLB is not played while their season is ongoing, even then the football will be so bad people will not be very interested.

+ Reply to Thread