+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jealous of ULM

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Jealous of ULM

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Tech sucks up to engineering students primarily. I've seen our president turn his nose up at a 4.0 non-engineering student in more than one public function.
    Not that there's anything wrong with that

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Tech sucks up to engineering students primarily. I've seen our president turn his nose up at a 4.0 non-engineering student in more than one public function.
    not a problem, the campus I just spent 19 years on had a 4 year engineering program through PLTW. Lots of campuses in Texas have engineering, point is we don't really recruit at all and then the school struggles with enrollment, money etm..

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    Going all the way back to when I was looking at colleges (1979), Tech has had a reputation of not actively pursuing local students. Almost every school I had any contact with recruited better than Tech did. If it hadn't been for some pressure applied by a local university benefactor, I would almost certainly have gone elsewhere.

For some reason, Tech has always seemed to think they'll just automatically get students from Louisiana.
    When I took the ACT we put the top 3 university choices we wanted the results sent to. Because of the rankings of the Colleges of Forestry, my chosen major, I selected:

1. Louisiana Tech
    2. LSU-BR
    3. McNeese State

I received nothing from Tech except a letter of acknowledgment and basic information how to apply/register. Got nothing from LSU, I mean squat! And was swamped with all kinds of recruiting information from McNeese. Even after I had enrolled at Tech that summer, McNeese continued to send me stuff, even called my house! saying I could still change my mind. Always appreciated their wanting me so much

+ Reply to Thread