+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Preview: LA Tech vs. North Texas

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Preview: LA Tech vs. North Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I appreciate your sunshine (no sarcasm) but much like with Holtz, at some point when the coach is screaming at me who he is, I start to believe them.

Sure, we could turn into a winning team for 5 games in March. Maybe we will.
    I just remember all these years of being 1 or 2 in the regular season, only to be left out because we didn't win the tournament. We have time to still win the regular season, but I am more interested in winning the conference tournament. The 1 or 2 seed just gives us better seeding. I hope these losses light a fire under this team that last THROUGH the conference tournament...

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I just remember all these years of being 1 or 2 in the regular season, only to be left out because we didn't win the tournament. We have time to still win the regular season, but I am more interested in winning the conference tournament. The 1 or 2 seed just gives us better seeding. I hope these losses light a fire under this team that last THROUGH the conference tournament...
    Getting a little off topic...

One thing I would love to see happen is for the conference season winner to be awarded the conference tournament. It would be reward the conference season winner more and make it more likely for the conference winner to win the conference tournament as well. Maybe they could split the tournament between the 1 and 2 seeds, have them play simultaneously and have the winner of the 2 seed's tournament travel to the 1 seed's for the final. That could make the winning the regular season more desirable and it could help out local businesses around universities. I bet ticket sales would be much better as well. I don't see the need to pay to use a neutral venue that will have worse attendance.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

It’s all about the tournament.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

I'm just now making it to the Forum. The loss to UNT hurt, but the UAB loss to Marshall shows anything can happen. As fans, we can get down, but I sure hope the players and coaches don't. There is still a lot of basketball left. Even in the almighty $EC, there is only one team without a conference loss, one with two conference losses, and everyone else has 3 or more conference losses. Tech is not head and shoulders above the rest of Conference USA, but it's not time to throw in the towel just yet.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The Dawgs have a "puncher's chance" to win in Frisco. In boxing someone with a heavy punch is always a blink of an eye away from delivering a knockout blow. He can be behind on points, losing round after round, but as the bout wears on, into the 9th, 10th rounds his opponent while winning is getting tired and is just hanging on. One good shot to the jaw and bam! fight over. That's Tech hoops. We are good enough to hang with any team in CUSA, keep it close and give ourselves a chance to win at the end.

+ Reply to Thread