+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preview: LA Tech at FIU

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Re: Preview: LA Tech at FIU

First half kind of boring. Second half, wow hold onto your seat. Glad the Bulldogs won!

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Bulldogs Win Wild One in Miami

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

In an extreme tale of two halves, Louisiana Tech held off FIU on Saturday night in an 86-82 victory inside the Ocean Bank Convocation Center.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    First half kind of boring. Second half, wow hold onto your seat. Glad the Bulldogs won!
    . I would have never believed that the game would end up with that score after watching the first half. The second half made up for it. It was a good win, only because they were 8-1 on their home court. We gave them their 2nd home court loss. They play horrible on the road and are really good at home. We needed this win to get some confidence back. The first half was miserable...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

We missed 5 layups. Cobe had two of those and another time he tried to dunk and missed. Lofton missed a layup and TWO easy chippy shots, those three in the 1st half. Christon missed a wide-open uncontested layup and a chippy shot. That is EIGHT missed shots which = 16 points. Hunter missed one easy shot when he should have used the backboard instead of trying to shoot it straight in. Archibald had a similar one, his was contested, but still, it's the kind of shots a Div I player should make and the kind of shots the Dawgs can't afford to miss if they hope to dance. So...20 points we should have had.

Now, FIU missed a few easy peasy shots too, just not as many as we did.

I am cursed! I watch games as a coach, as an analyst as if I am going to be at the next practice and go over game film and help the team improve. Like, stop repeating mistakes! Someone needs to.

It was ugly in the first half, for both teams, and then that Lovett guy goes nutso from the arc, think he finished 9 of 11 from the 3-line. But, any win is a good win, especially road conference games. FIU was 10-1 at home, now 10-2 and this marks the first time we have won @ FIU.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    86-82

I'll take it.
    I think I'm learning that we're not as good as I thought we were.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Two hot shooting teams last night. When your opponent shoots 50% from the floor, 47% from 3 pt range, and 75 % from the line, yet you win. That's a good night. You know we are a one bid league, we have a punchers chance, just like 3 or 4 other teams. Lots of basketball left. You didn't think we were going to just coast to the league title did you?

No matter how you look at it, last night's game was exciting to watch. I thought it was a fun game to watch. Like others have said, I'll take it!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Missing Crawford has not helped. We haven't found an adequate replacement for him, and I guess it's because we don't have one. David Green is good on the offensive end, not so good on defense.

We played 4 decent teams through the first part of our season and went 1-3. Now, LSU, Bama, and NC State are all taking it on the chin getting beat game after game. None of them are as good as they appeared to be.

I have been disappointed with the play of WAW (Williams, Archibald, Willis) lately. Inconsistent scoring, stupid unforced errors, bonehead decisions..."disappearing" for minutes in the game so you don't know they are on the floor. Lofton is trying to do too much, and he gets himself in binds, commits turnovers, picks up silly fouls, takes some bad shots. This all points squarely at coaching, or the lack of it.

We are mediocre...we are La Tech!!

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you regarding Cobe. He's seemed a little flustered or careless or something at times during our losses. I've gotten used to Archibald either being hot or cold, or both in the same game. His inconsistency is consistent so that doesn't disappoint me. Willis has seemed steady enough. But, like HogDawg said, there was a little fool's gold with our early conference success and we probably overestimated how good this team is.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    I can’t figure out why our 3 defense is so bad, and why Jr is playing on the perimeter so much on both sides of the court. Would love to know what the rebound difference is.
    On our perimeter defense, we help so deep when teams do pick and roll, sometimes it hard to recover on their shooters. Our guards have to help on the roll guy cause our bigs double the dribbler.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaSelect View Post
    On our perimeter defense, we help so deep when teams do pick and roll, sometimes it hard to recover on their shooters. Our guards have to help on the roll guy cause our bigs double the dribbler.
    Thanks for the insight. From your experience, do you think running at a shooter with a hand up actually affects the shot? I've seen us do this many times but I think just screaming the shooter's name would be more effective.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Looking ahead to Thursday, Charlotte won 81-68 at FIU this afternoon. Lovett did hit 4-8 from 3, but the rest of the Panthers went 3-15.

Charlotte hit 11-27 from 3, so that could be a problem as Konkol mentioned on the coaches' show this afternoon.

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Thanks for the insight. From your experience, do you think running at a shooter with a hand up actually affects the shot? I've seen us do this many times but I think just screaming the shooter's name would be more effective.
    As Mark Jackson of TNT basketball would say, Hands Down, Man Down!!!

As Mark Jackson of TNT basketball would say, Hands Down, Man Down!!!
    From what I've seen this year.. Hands Up, Got Snuck!!!

Seriously, we've got to close out better on the perimeter. We're too late reacting and teams are having a field day out there.

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    From what I've seen this year.. Hands Up, Got Snuck!!!

Seriously, we've got to close out better on the perimeter. We're too late reacting and teams are having a field day out there.

Boxerdog, if you get a chance, check out my 6'5 jr wing from Ruston High.

Boxerdog, if you get a chance, check out my 6'5 jr wing from Ruston High.
    I've seen a few highlights and I bet he's the guy I was noticing.

+ Reply to Thread