+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Preview: Lady Techsters vs Charlotte

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Charlotte Preview: Lady Techsters vs Charlotte

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

RUSTON, La. –*The Louisiana Tech Lady Techsters will finish up a four-game home stretch against No. 1 ranked Charlotte inside the Thomas Assembly Center Thursday, Feb. 10 at 6:30 p.m.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Preview: Lady Techsters vs Charlotte

This one looks REALLY REALLY tough! Hoping the Techsters play out of their minds tonight and can put themselves in position to upset the #1 team in CUSA right now. Charlotte has only lost 1 CUSA game. It was to ODU in a defensive battle 54-45. They are really good in tight games having won a lot of one possession and OT games this year. BIG BIG TEST! The Techsters have won 6 of the last 7 games, but have not faced a team like this before. Might be an ugly defensive battle....

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

No such thing as an "ugly defensive battle." Defense is beautiful...and it wins championships too.

Techsters will have to be very mindful of the mental aspects of the game vs. an opponent like Charlotte. No silly, unforced mistakes. Take care of the ball. And for gawd sakes, get your feet out of the wet cement and move! Be quick! Make every 50-50 ball, loose balls, rebounds ours!

Oh, and make your FTs. We hit 14 of 15 vs. UTEP and needed every one of those. Tonight, cannot afford to leave points at the line. Same thing about layups and chippy shots. FOCUS!

Go Techsters! You can do this.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    No such thing as an "ugly defensive battle." Defense is beautiful...and it wins championships too.

Techsters will have to be very mindful of the mental aspects of the game vs. an opponent like Charlotte. No silly, unforced mistakes. Take care of the ball. And for gawd sakes, get your feet out of the wet cement and move! Be quick! Make every 50-50 ball, loose balls, rebounds ours!

Oh, and make your FTs. We hit 14 of 15 vs. UTEP and needed every one of those. Tonight, cannot afford to leave points at the line. Same thing about layups and chippy shots. FOCUS!

Go Techsters! You can do this.
    I think we lead the league in Free Throws. That will help tremendously, if this comes down to the wire. Agree on everything you posted. I hope we don't see a blow out on this one, but as low scoring as Charlotte tends to be, I think we can be in this one and possibly win....

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Techsters Battle, Fall Just Short to No. 1 Charlotte

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Techsters Battle, Fall Just Short To No. 1 Charlotte

More...

Discuss it here.

Re: Techsters Battle, Fall Just Short to No. 1 Charlotte

SO SO close!!!!!!! Charlotte is the #1 team in the conference and WAY above us in the standings. The East is no joke. We almost pulled it off. No doubt in my mind that our Techsters have improved a LOT! If we keep fighting like this, we DO have a chance in the conference tournament. We need to close strong and keep fighting like we did last night.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Nice spin Champ. Wouldn't expect anything less from you.

Coach Brooke said "we don't want to be mediocre." Well, here ya are, coach. You lost at home and are now 6-6. Looks pretty mediocre to me. A little disappointing, but not surprising either.

Charlotte is not very good. They just happen to be the tallest midget in the room right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Nice spin Champ. Wouldn't expect anything less from you.

Coach Brooke said "we don't want to be mediocre." Well, here ya are, coach. You lost at home and are now 6-6. Looks pretty mediocre to me. A little disappointing, but not surprising either.

Charlotte is not very good. They just happen to be the tallest midget in the room right now.
    A month ago, they would have beat us by 20 points. I hope we just keep improving and pull a surprise in the tournament (like we were doing last year until everything stopped).

+ Reply to Thread