+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: See ya

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: See ya

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    The way I see it, is their feelings and future relationship really don’t matter. If we have hired the right people then when the future comes we should be well off enough to not need them, and if we aren’t at that point we are probably F@%ked.

I don’t care about whatever piddling CUSA exit fee, revenue sharing there would be. Pull the tournaments from them and if they want to slug it out in court let em.

That depends on us making good hires and decisions so……….
    Totally agree.... We shall see if CUSA has any pride and guts left soon. No tournament hosting for sure! I don't think we can keep them from participating, but I really do hate that they could be even considered for the conference AQ. The least we can do, though, is keep them from hosting ANYTHING. Future relationships are not on the table right now and I am not worried about that. They did this to themselves and time will heal any of the wounds - if it is advantageous to the parties involved.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    The way I see it, is their feelings and future relationship really don’t matter. If we have hired the right people then when the future comes we should be well off enough to not need them, and if we aren’t at that point we are probably F@%ked.

I don’t care about whatever piddling CUSA exit fee, revenue sharing there would be. Pull the tournaments from them and if they want to slug it out in court let em.

That depends on us making good hires and decisions so……….
    I'm fairly certain that we are F@%ked already. The bozo's in charge of La Tech athletics have screwed it up about as badly as was humanly possible. It won't be getting better anytime soon either. It's far too late in the game for that.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    I'm fairly certain that we are F@%ked already. The bozo's in charge of La Tech athletics have screwed it up about as badly as was humanly possible. It won't be getting better anytime soon either. It's far too late in the game for that.
    Anytime soon is hard to define but realignment will happen again in 4-5 years IMO. There are many variables and I think our situation will improve, we just have to make sure that we compete and succeed with the competition we have.

As for USM, Marshall and ODU, I hate to see them leave so early. ODU was our kryptonite and I hate that we were never at full strength when we played Marshall in the regular season. USM sucks to lose as a conference rival. I hope we can keep them on the conference for all sports. As for the baseball tournament, I don't mind it moving away from them since they are leaving so abruptly. However we have to view it with a cost benefit analysis. Is it going to cause any long-lasting relationship problems? Do we really gain much more by moving it away from them?

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't help but to view all of this through the lens of Tech's departure from the Sun Belt in the late 90's. We fulfilled our contractual commitment to the Sun Belt and then moved to the WAC in 2001. On the way out, we didn't agree on having the tournament pulled, but it was in the bylaws...and even though we complained about it, we lived with it.

I can't imagine what PR "black eye" Tech would be taking if we were one of the 3 that basically just flipped a double bird to the other 11 institutions of C-USA. Of course if it was "TECH" we'd be hearing about it for the next 30 years, but that's really neither here nor there.

I'm very curious as to WHY there is this burning desire to leave C-USA a year early to join the Sun Belt? "It's Judy!" -- nah, you've lived with her for several years now, you can grin and bear it another 12 months. "Conference USA has a bad TV deal" -- granted, but again...you can live with it another year.

I suspect Dwayne's on to something. The 3 foresee/predict something coming down the sooner-rather-than-later pike that make all the financial, legal and public relations risk worth it.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

So do other conferences by-laws have penalties for leaving early?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

If it works the way anything else does in court, it will be 2-3 years before it’s argued. By then, it won’t matter.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

There has never been a question that Judy sucks...hey! maybe that's her secret why she hasn't been fired.

I know Les Guice is clueless.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Sorry if somebody already suggested this. I missed it if they did...

Could it be that part of the back room deal these turd schools had with the Sunbelt was to join for the 2022 season thinking that C-USA would have to fold anyway (and almost did)?

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    If it works the way anything else does in court, it will be 2-3 years before it’s argued. By then, it won’t matter.
    An injunction shouldn't take more than a few days. This is cut and dried breach of contract based on the bylaws that the defectors are publicly stating they will violate.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Italian View Post
    A Conference with Guts!

Horizon League bans UIC from conference tournaments

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...oi4-story.html
    Horizon League reverses course, reinstates UIC athletes for winter and spring championships - Sports Illustrated

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    @ChrisVannini:

The Sun Belt declined comment on today’s news.

A source said the league wasn’t involved. It’s got a schedule plan to include them (among many), but waiting for the schools to get out of their C-USA obligations. Plan is SBC schedule out on March 1.
    I've seen/heard a number of people say it, but....CUSA's issue is currently with the three departing schools. If the SBC releases a schedule with the three departing schools as part of that schedule, they then open themselves up to legal action, as well.

The By-laws are very clear. Because the three departing schools want to "negotiate" a walk away doesn't mean the conference has to participate. CUSA has the contract on its side.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    I've seen/heard a number of people say it, but....CUSA's issue is currently with the three departing schools. If the SBC releases a schedule with the three departing schools as part of that schedule, they then open themselves up to legal action, as well.

The By-laws are very clear. Because the three departing schools want to "negotiate" a walk away doesn't mean the conference has to participate. CUSA has the contract on its side.
    Correct.

This schedule release was a document saying the conference fully expects the 3 schools to honor their contractual obligations.

If the SBC releases a conference schedule in two weeks with the 3 on it, they can be held liable to. It’s a game of chicken. We will see who swerves first.

Personally I think we hear in the next week that the 3 have reached an financial agreement to pay out the nose to leave early. If they have the money.

If not, the SBC is NOT going to fund their way out.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

SBC doesn't have the money to fund them to get out early - (true cash on tv contracts/revenue sharing is not there)

For the most part none of the schools have the money to fund the early buy-out either

Why do you think the AAC schools are honoring the contract? They are much richer than those 3 and the conference has alot more money - yet they are not trying to leave early due to the cost and lack for funds for early exit
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    SBC doesn't have the money to fund them to get out early - (true cash on tv contracts/revenue sharing is not there)

For the most part none of the schools have the money to fund the early buy-out either

Why do you think the AAC schools are honoring the contract? They are much richer than those 3 and the conference has alot more money - yet they are not trying to leave early due to the cost and lack for funds for early exit
    I speculate the Cajuns, et al are telling them "dont sweat all those silly rules; once you're in our conference, stuff like that doesnt apply"

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I speculate the Cajuns, et al are telling them "dont sweat all those silly rules; once you're in our conference, stuff like that doesnt apply"
    Or “just join the University of Louisiana system. Then we can teach you how to ignore the rules and have no shame in doing it.

+ Reply to Thread