+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JC Love Field: A to Z

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Baseball JC Love Field: A to Z

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

RUSTON, La. – With Louisiana Tech's season opening series against Wichita State less than 48 hours away, the Tech Athletics Department wants to remind fans of the policies and procedures within JC Love Field at Pat Patterson Park.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: JC Love Field: A to Z

Every time I see this picture I am proud. This is a great venue and I hope we find some good ways to grow the facility in the near future without killing the intimate atmosphere.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I still want to know who ACTUALLY believes the old park held more than the new park....

Old park attendance numbers were a case study in ministerial exaggeration -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, it’s got to be at least equal to the old stadium.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I agree, it’s got to be at least equal to the old stadium.
    It's over the old stadium by a good 400 to 500 permanent chairback seats not counting berm seating -

Old stadium had 8 seating sections which included -

2 real narrow ones on the ends

and 2 reduced ones in the middle below the pressbox

which left you a grand total of FOUR yes 4 full sections....

Grand stand might of set 900 folks - might - I don't care what the attendance figures said
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Every time I see this picture I am proud. This is a great venue and I hope we find some good ways to grow the facility in the near future without killing the intimate atmosphere.
    I would like to grow the facility as well, but only when we start selling out the vast majority of our home games. Then I think the natural progression would be to add more seating and possibly club suites down the first base line.

I sent in some concerns to our athletic department about the experience at the ballpark. Mainly focused on uses of the video board and sound equipment. I was told they are working with Daktronics on how they can get interactive stats to work between our stat program and the video board function. Sound balancing in the stadium has taken some time to get ironed out. I had expressed concerns about concessions, but those issues were largely worked out this year, at least for the games I attended after, I think LSU.

I get the impression efforts are being made to improve things. Not as much lip service as Wonder Boy.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

I sent in some concerns to our athletic department about the experience at the ballpark. Mainly focused on uses of the video board and sound equipment. I was told they are working with Daktronics on how they can get interactive stats to work between our stat program and the video board function. Sound balancing in the stadium has taken some time to get ironed out. I had expressed concerns about concessions, but those issues were largely worked out this year, at least for the games I attended after, I think LSU.

I get the impression efforts are being made to improve things. Not as much lip service as Wonder Boy.
    At least the current admin does proactively solicit some feedback and does appear to at least consider that feedback. Much different from the Wonder Boy years.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The current administration is about to totally destroy football tailgating as we knew it and much like with McLelland, we won't know about it until the Thursday before game 1 in Ruston.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Concessions are nowhere near good enough. There’s no excuse whatsoever for a hotdog bun to be as hard as a cracker and that’s just a simple example. The only reason why it seems that the concessions are better is because the attendance gradually fell off all year long. Our scoreboard is a pathetic joke. It can’t be that hard to put up the stats that are available online. The only thing as bad is the football board, so in that I guess we’re at least consistent. AD Woods seems to be a sincere fan so good for him in that, but his job isn’t supporting the team from the stadium seats. He needs to do his part to improve the team by holding Burroughs accountable for the product on the field and to improve the game experience for the fans.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

It is like none of our folks ever step foot in a professional venue.
    Last edited by qng001; 05-20-2022 at 09:47 PM.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    The current administration is about to totally destroy football tailgating as we knew it and much like with McLelland, we won't know about it until the Thursday before game 1 in Ruston.
    Feedback was solicited. If that feedback is ignored, That is 100% on Wood (our AD's name isn't Woods) if he doesn't use it.
    Last edited by FriscoDawg; 05-21-2022 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    It's over the old stadium by a good 400 to 500 permanent chairback seats not counting berm seating -

Old stadium had 8 seating sections which included -

2 real narrow ones on the ends

and 2 reduced ones in the middle below the pressbox

which left you a grand total of FOUR yes 4 full sections....

Grand stand might of set 900 folks - might - I don't care what the attendance figures said
    The old stadium was supposed to seat 1,090 (1,208 before the pressbox expansion) if all bleacher benches had been replaced with chairbacks. Plus 64 more dugout chairbacks.

There were supposed to be 62 chairbacks in Sections 1 and 8, 168 in sections 2 and 7, 205 in Sections 3 and 6, and 110 (169 before the pressbox expansion) in sections 4 and 5 which were all actually converted to chairbacks. That's directly from the chairback seat plans and pictures of the old grandstand. The other six sections had 8 rows of benchback seats above 8 rows of chairbacks when the grandstand was last used.

The old grandstand capacity not counting dugouts when it was last used was around 1,240.
    Last edited by FriscoDawg; 05-21-2022 at 09:24 PM.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Feedback was solicited. If that feedback is ignored, That is 100% on Wood (our AD's name isn't Woods) if he doesn't use it.
    Nice call Captain! I never called him "Woods", so don't scold me for something I did not say!

When was feedback solicited? It certainly was not solicited regarding football tailgating.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Nice call Captain! I never called him "Woods", so don't scold me for something I did not say!

When was feedback solicited? It certainly was not solicited regarding football tailgating.
    Other posters in this thread have used the name Woods. That point needs to be made no matter what post is quoted.

And if feedback was not solicited, then Wood lied since he said in a radio interview that athletic staff was supposed to be out in the tailgating area getting feedback at a home game or two toward the end of the season. I would hope that feedback was not solicited from just those on "the secret list" that historically have been the only ones whose opinions apparently mattered. Thought we were beyond that, but maybe not.

+ Reply to Thread