+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Preview: LA Tech at Rice

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Rice Preview: LA Tech at Rice

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech heads to Houston on Thursday to take on Rice at 7 p.m. inside Tudor Fieldhouse.* With four league games remaining, the Bulldogs are tied for second in the West Division standings.

More...

Discuss it here.

GAME INFORMATION
    Date/Time: Thursday, Feb. 24 | 7 p.m. CT
    TV/Stream: Stadium (HERE)
    Radio: 107.5 FM | LA Tech Athletics app
    Stats: LATechSports.com (HERE)

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Preview: LA Tech at Rice

This game is HUGE, if we still want to be in contention for that 2 seed. EVERY single game we have left is huge, though. Rice can be tough at home. I doubt that we can beat them like we did on the first go round. It will be close. We can't forget that they beat UAB at Rice.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    This game is HUGE, if we still want to be in contention for that 2 seed. EVERY single game we have left is huge, though. Rice can be tough at home. I doubt that we can beat them like we did on the first go round. It will be close. We can't forget that they beat UAB at Rice.
    To me, the key to beating us is defending us a certain way. UAB, North Texas, FAU, and UTEP all had similar approaches (pressure our guards and deny/collapse on Junior). The way to counteract overplaying guards is by driving past them. Cobe has been the only one able to do it consistently. People like to bash on Cobe because he's taken alot of shots in games we lost, but he HAS to take a bunch of shots because he's been the only able to push it to the rim. Rice doesn't pressure like that so they are a better match-up imo.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

No, Cobe has been criticized for missing easy shots, not for taking them. I like Williams and think he can be a dominant guard in CUSA, considered one of the top 3 in the conference for sure. But he has to tighten up on aspects of his game.

Archibald has disappeared for the past 4 or 5 games...ever since his 30-point performance at UTSA, I think it was. He needs to reemerge as a game-winning factor. And Willis continues to be hot & cold. He was red hot recently in his 30-point performance, but simple consistency night after night, dependable scorer, is what we need from him.

Junior needs to take a deep breath and just play his game, and he will be fine. And...Konkol needs to find a 5th starter, and it ain't Christon.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Just noticed I used the term "needs" a lot. Ugh!

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    No, Cobe has been criticized for missing easy shots, not for taking them. I like Williams and think he can be a dominant guard in CUSA, considered one of the top 3 in the conference for sure. But he has to tighten up on aspects of his game.

Archibald has disappeared for the past 4 or 5 games...ever since his 30-point performance at UTSA, I think it was. He needs to reemerge as a game-winning factor. And Willis continues to be hot & cold. He was red hot recently in his 30-point performance, but simple consistency night after night, dependable scorer, is what we need from him.

Junior needs to take a deep breath and just play his game, and he will be fine. And...Konkol needs to find a 5th starter, and it ain't Christon.
    Sorry, I was referring to criticisms I read somewhere else. Anyway, I agree with you about Archibald and Willis. But, at this point, that's who those guys are. I also agree about Christon. I know he's a smart player and a decent defensive player, but I like Green/Bradford over him in most scenarios.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Just noticed I used the term "needs" a lot. Ugh!
    We have lots of needs

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with the comments above. Archibald and Willis just need more consistency. They really do go missing in some games. Cobe needs to hit his shots. Agree on everything! Jr. was frustrated last game, but I think he will bounce back. I have noticed (except for the last game when Willis was hot - thank goodness), he usually has a MUCH better second half than first. I wonder if he is trying to avoid fouls in the first half of games and loosens up in the second half. Who knows? Maybe that is even the game plan.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Cold as ice....

Rice 5 Tech 4 at the 13:00 mark.

Finally convert in transition a couple of times.

Tech 12 Rice 8 10:45

Bench providing some decent minutes.
    Tech 20 Rice 13 7:00
    Last edited by FriscoDawg; 02-24-2022 at 07:30 PM.

Big Dog Darbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the rough

Game is on Me TV in Ruston area

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Darbonnedawg View Post
    Game is on Me TV in Ruston area
    All of the recent Stadium games have been. Same should apply for the North Texas and UAB games.

The idiot Rice coach Pera asked for a review against Lofton and earned his own player Evee a deadball contact technical foul on the review.

Lofton gets his second foul.

Tech 27 Rice 22 3:37 1st
    15 of Rice's points are from 3-pointers.

Tech 34-27 at halftime.

Tech 3-point defense is mostly MIA tonight.

Tech 47 Rice 41 14:34 left

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Tech 3-point defense is mostly MIA tonight.

Tech 47 Rice 41 14:34 left
    Wait we had a 3 pt defense?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Wait we had a 3 pt defense?
    It’s very effective. You will see our 3 point defense when our opponent misses the shot. When they miss, it doesn’t go in.

+ Reply to Thread