+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Preview: LA Tech at North Texas

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Preview: LA Tech at North Texas

AP 2-6 have all lost today & #1 is down 15 .

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I know North Texas has a really good defense, but we had some open shot opportunities that we just couldn't hit. When the score is in the 50's, we have no chance to win. That was a very disappointing outing. We need to get the 3 seed, at least. That would put us on the UAB side and not the UNT side of the bracket, right? I am not sure where MTSU is landing, though. I need to study the standings a little more to figure out which seed is best for us. UNT CAN be beaten, though. They are escaping a LOT of tough games by just a few points - I still think they will not be the tournament champions. Defense does win, but their wins will run out at some point. I just hope it is in their first game of the tournament after the byes.

If I am looking at everything correctly, we are in 4th right now. We need to win our next two (which includes UAB) to have a chance at 3rd. MTSU might wrap up the 2 seed, instead of UAB, it appears. Not sure what all the tie-breakers would be between us, UAB, and MTSU, if we win our next two. Anyone that can jump in with scenarios would be helpful. I just want to be on the other side of the bracket from UNT.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I think the top 4 seeds are determined by division, #1 and #2 from each division = 4 teams. What MTSU does is irrelevant to where Tech ends up.

We will be the #3 team in the west division and as such we are already locked into a single night bye, not the double bye.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I think the top 4 seeds are determined by division, #1 and #2 from each division = 4 teams. What MTSU does is irrelevant to where Tech ends up.

We will be the #3 team in the west division and as such we are already locked into a single night bye, not the double bye.
    Which means that we will be on the UNT side of the bracket then.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

@BLueRaiderStats

I guess if we end up like this shows, it is difficult to beat a closely matched team 3 times in one year. We may have a chance. I have to put some positive spin on it and there is always something positive for me to hang on to...

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Tech would need about ten chances to beat North Texas once if the games go as the two this year have.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

In order to beat the best teams in conference, Konkol has to tweak something. We've shown that we can play with them but we can't beat them. Personally, I think he needs to start Green in place of Christon and let Bradford sub for Green. Christon should only play if one of those 2 gets in foul trouble. Maybe it won't make the difference we need, but he has to try it. Because doing things like have been isn't going to result in a different outcome. Our record is a good indication of who we are if nothing is changed.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    In order to beat the best teams in conference, Konkol has to tweak something. We've shown that we can play with them but we can't beat them. Personally, I think he needs to start Green in place of Christon and let Bradford sub for Green. Christon should only play if one of those 2 gets in foul trouble. Maybe it won't make the difference we need, but he has to try it. Because doing things like have been isn't going to result in a different outcome. Our record is a good indication of who we are if nothing is changed.
    That would help and I have been advocating for such a change all season. But if all we do is the same ole non-tactical halfcourt offense then Green/Bradford won't be too much more productive than Christon has been. Our biggest problem is our scheme...or lack of one.

After studying this carefully I think Archibald holds the key to the dance. He has to put the team on his shoulders and deliver like a senior guard is supposed to. He needs to score 20+ every game in Frisco, be the GO-TO guy and that will allow Junior, Wilis, and the others to do their thing minus all the pressure. We have seen teams go dancing when a guard enjoys a great run. Archibald is best suited for that. Why the hell does he only shoot a few FTs some games? He should be driving the lane and getting fouled...a lot!

Cobe needs to do his thing, concentrating on defense and denying the other teams' scoring guards big nights.

Simple...

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

that plan is asking for something that is not in AA’s skill set. I never remembering him carrying us against superior competition. I do however remember him wilting several times when trying to operate beyond his skills.

he has shone the ability to knockdown open 3’s when prepared and receiving a good feed; hitting free throws; and driving downhill primarily to his right after being set up by a team mate.

his ability to create, for himself or others, has never been very impressive against quality competition. If that is what we are banking on, I will probably just pass on viewing it.

Obviously, we disagree. Of course, this is just an exercise in "armchair point guarding" since we all know Konkol won't change a thing. He will start Christon as usual, the team will play as usual, and we will have an early exit from Frisco. Oh, we might win the first night, but that will be it.

+ Reply to Thread