+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Techsters to Face UAB on Thursday in C-USA Tournament

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Conf Cusa Techsters to Face UAB on Thursday in C-USA Tournament

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

RUSTON, La.*– With the conclusion of the regular season and Louisiana Tech winning the Western Division title, the Lady Techsters have earned a one seed and double bye in next week's*2022 Heritage Landscape Supply Group C-USA Basketball Championships in Frisco, Texas.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Techsters to Face Winner of WKU/UAB on Thursday in C-USA Tournament

A #1 seed and a double bye for the Lady Techsters! Who would have thought it a few weeks ago? Way to go Techsters! We KNOW they can beat anyone in CUSA, so it is time to do it in the tournament now!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I like our bracket... Charlotte (Winners of the East) have North Texas, Old Dominion, Rice, and Marshall on their side of the bracket. We have ODU, WKU, Southern Miss, and Middle Tennessee on our side. These are all winnable games. Middle Tennessee will most likely be our semi-final opponent, if we can beat the winner of UAB and WKU. I think we have shown that we can do it.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

For the first time since T-Spoon's reign, I have hope that we can make the tournament. All respect to the head coach and to the team for it's improvement throughout this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    For the first time since T-Spoon's reign, I have hope that we can make the tournament. All respect to the head coach and to the team for it's improvement throughout this year.
    Amen to that.... We just need them to be consistent. This is a HUGE turn around from where they started in conference. What I really like is how young this team is... Brooke has done an excellent job of recruiting players that WANT to win and are fighters - real competitors..

Brooke got a little choked up after getting the West title and a double bye... I love seeing that emotion! https://fb.watch/bBBbA27A-T/

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Brooke looked straight at me, her eyes locked on mine, and muttered, "No, this won't do." I could see fire in dem eyes, a burning desire to win. I am referring to the night I was a guest coach for her Lady Demons. It was a big game in the Airplane Hangar, hosting the #1 team in the conference Central Arkansas. The Lady Demons had been playing better after a rough start and were starting to come on and folks were getting excited. And then...disaster. They got pummeled by Central Arkansas that night 67-45 and it wasn't even that close. Brooke was embarrassed and upset. We had spoken, she knew I was a Tech guy, a big Lady Techster fan. She sent her players into the stands to apologize to the fans. She caught grief from that, some saying she had embarrassed her players, treated them like little kids. I thought it was awesome. I spoke with one of the players later and she said the only embarrassment was how lousy they had played.

Until the lost to Duke in the NCAAs that team never lost another game that year. They went up to their place and beat Central Arkansas on their home floor about two weeks later. It was the only home loss for UCA that year. They went into the SLC tourney as the #6 seed given their overall conference record, but EVERYONE had them pegged as the pre-tourney favorite and sure enough they won and went dancing. And, when still at NSU, I advocated for Brooke to eventually coach at Tech. The circumstances she came here under was less than desirable, but once here I expected some great things. Maybe I errored with setting my expectations too high...I warn y'all about watching those expectations...and, let's keep this real and grounded. The Techsters were just 11-7 in a woefully weak division in a sub-par CUSA. I am happy for them for what they have done, but the real test comes this week in Frisco. And if they pass that one, we shall see how they fair in the Dance against a good team(s).

Love dem Techsters!

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Brooke looked straight at me, her eyes locked on mine, and muttered, "No, this won't do." I could see fire in dem eyes, a burning desire to win. I am referring to the night I was a guest coach for her Lady Demons. It was a big game in the Airplane Hangar, hosting the #1 team in the conference Central Arkansas. The Lady Demons had been playing better after a rough start and were starting to come on and folks were getting excited. And then...disaster. They got pummeled by Central Arkansas that night 67-45 and it wasn't even that close. Brooke was embarrassed and upset. We had spoken, she knew I was a Tech guy, a big Lady Techster fan. She sent her players into the stands to apologize to the fans. She caught grief from that, some saying she had embarrassed her players, treated them like little kids. I thought it was awesome. I spoke with one of the players later and she said the only embarrassment was how lousy they had played.

Until the lost to Duke in the NCAAs that team never lost another game that year. They went up to their place and beat Central Arkansas on their home floor about two weeks later. It was the only home loss for UCA that year. They went into the SLC tourney as the #6 seed given their overall conference record, but EVERYONE had them pegged as the pre-tourney favorite and sure enough they won and went dancing. And, when still at NSU, I advocated for Brooke to eventually coach at Tech. The circumstances she came here under was less than desirable, but once here I expected some great things. Maybe I errored with setting my expectations too high...I warn y'all about watching those expectations...and, let's keep this real and grounded. The Techsters were just 11-7 in a woefully weak division in a sub-par CUSA. I am happy for them for what they have done, but the real test comes this week in Frisco. And if they pass that one, we shall see how they fair in the Dance against a good team(s).

Love dem Techsters!
    Great post!!! Thank you for sharing that.... No matter what, she is one of my favorite people...

+ Reply to Thread