+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Semifinals vs. MTSU

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Semifinals vs. MTSU

We finished 23 of 29 from the FT line. They were just 3 of 4 for the game and 0 for 0 in the entire 2nd half. Don't usually draw fouls beyond the arc (unless Cobe is guarding ya...yowzha!) Lost a little focus at the line down the stretch. Need to be icy-cold, like machines, and just take care of business. There is always time enough afterwards for celebrating.

Big one left!

Go Techsters!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Semifinals vs. MTSU

I can't believe no one mentioned the pro-LA Tech crowd tonight. We had a very nice crowd for the Lady Techster game, and I think this crowd actually gave our Ladies a real spark in the second half. The LA Tech crowd was very vocal tonight, and with Tech still down about 10 to 12 points in the 3rd Qtr, the crowd started chants of "DEFENSE.....DEFENSE.....DEFENSE" every single time MTSU brought the ball down. And you could tell is was irritating the hell out of MTSU, while at the same time firing Tech up! And kudos to the Tech crowd, who kept up the chant on every single MTSU possession until the last minute. You could tell our players were so appreciative.....they LOVED it!

Fantastic performance by the Lady Techsters tonight. I truly think they can beat Charlotte and win it all tomorrow.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

34-Point Fourth Quarter Lifts Techsters into C-USA Finals

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

FRISCO, Texas*– Believe. That was the message inside the Lady Techsters' half-time locker room after finding themselves down 39-26 and their hopes of the first conference tournament title since 2010 slipping away.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 34-Point Fourth Quarter Lifts Techsters into C-USA Finals

I am going to admit that I was about to give up at the half! This Lady Techster team did not though - thank goodness! What a comeback!!!!!!!!!! I loved when they finally ejected that one Middle Tennessee player from the game. She had been elbowing and throwing fists the whole game... That team was UNBELIEVABLE from the 3 point line, though, until we shut it down in the 4th quarter. I watched till the end and it was SO worth it!!!!!!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

As a fan I never give up because I have zero influence on the outcome of the game either way. What I do is analyze the game and offer comments such as last night when I said if we don't stop their wide-open looks on the 3s we probably won't win. That is not giving up, it is just making an observation. To Brooke's credit we did FINALLY! extend our zone defense and got out there and messed up their weave offense, which had been creating the open looks.

Passion and energy from coaches is great and is needed but needed more is good X's and O's.

I think, objectively, Charlotte is the best team in CUSA, as is UAB on the men's side. Perhaps if we were playing 7-game series it would be very tough to almost impossible for us to win. But, we're not. It's ONE game and Charlotte, and UAB are NOT that much better than us. We can do this. Just have to stay focused and take care of those little things we have control of.

Go Dawgs...and

Love dem Techsters!

Varsity Bulldog rlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to beholdrlirette is a splendid one to behold

Gonna be a good day! This day belongs to the dawgs….AND techsters!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    As a fan I never give up because I have zero influence on the outcome of the game either way. What I do is analyze the game and offer comments such as last night when I said if we don't stop their wide-open looks on the 3s we probably won't win. That is not giving up, it is just making an observation. To Brooke's credit we did FINALLY! extend our zone defense and got out there and messed up their weave offense, which had been creating the open looks.

Passion and energy from coaches is great and is needed but needed more is good X's and O's.

I think, objectively, Charlotte is the best team in CUSA, as is UAB on the men's side. Perhaps if we were playing 7-game series it would be very tough to almost impossible for us to win. But, we're not. It's ONE game and Charlotte, and UAB are NOT that much better than us. We can do this. Just have to stay focused and take care of those little things we have control of.

Go Dawgs...and

Love dem Techsters!
    I, of course, stayed watching till the end with that hope ALWAYS! Don't forget, though, that Charlotte lost to Middle Tennessee twice. Their overall record was better, though. We lost to Charlotte in February by 3 points. It is time for revenge and we are MUCH better than we were last month. We just keep improving and show more grit than the Techsters have shown in years. We will be ready for the battle!

+ Reply to Thread