+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Future: 2022-23 Men's Basketball Roster

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: The Future: 2022-23 Men's Basketball Roster

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    1/2 the roster was newcomers. We lost Crawford in game 3 (he average 16pt, 6 rebounds 1st 2 games). Freshman Will Allen was out with an injury all year.

I think if we can keep it together, next 2 years will be fun.
    Hope so!

The Men's team is like the Techsters...HUGE, OBVIOUS WEAKNESSES, that can be fixed with 1 or 2 players. We're close to being very good. I mean 25+ wins, Top 25 ranked very good.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Hope so!

The Men's team is like the Techsters...HUGE, OBVIOUS WEAKNESSES, that can be fixed with 1 or 2 players. We're close to being very good. I mean 25+ wins, Top 25 ranked very good.
    I believe that about the women more than I do about the men right now. The Lady Techsters acquitted themselves nicely in Frisco. They looked much better than I expected, and almost won the whole thing after leading in the championship game for 3 quarters.

As for the men, you can't have two starters contributing only 8 combined points.

Despite it all, the Bulldog men closed the gap to only 3 points with about 2 min left. But we couldn't hit our free throws (64%), and we got almost NOTHING from Willis. Willis played 38 minutes against UAB and scored only 6 points. And as stated earlier, he was 0-9 from behind the arc. I mean, pretty much everyone on this board could hit one or two 3-pt shots out of 9 attempts. But we got NOTHING from him.... GEEZ!!

By the way, I thought Konkol made a good call to go to the full court press late in the game...... but we may have won if he had made the move earlier. The press is the reason Tech narrowed the gap down to only a 3 pt difference. But by the time we got that close, it became a free throw shooting contest at the 2-min mark.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I believe that about the women more than I do about the men right now. The Lady Techsters acquitted themselves nicely in Frisco. They looked much better than I expected, and almost won the whole thing after leading in the championship game for 3 quarters.

As for the men, you can't have two starters contributing only 8 combined points.

Despite it all, the Bulldog men closed the gap to only 3 points with about 2 min left. But we couldn't hit our free throws (64%), and we got almost NOTHING from Willis. Willis played 38 minutes against UAB and scored only 6 points. And as stated earlier, he was 0-9 from behind the arc. I mean, pretty much everyone on this board could hit one or two 3-pt shots out of 9 attempts. But we got NOTHING from him.... GEEZ!!

By the way, I thought Konkol made a good call to go to the full court press late in the game...... but we may have won if he had made the move earlier. The press is the reason Tech narrowed the gap down to only a 3 pt difference. But by the time we got that close, it because a free throw shooting contest at the 2-min mark.
    we wouldn't have been in the final without Keaston. I told my son he need to hit 6 threes and we need to keep Jelly under 20 > of course neither happened. We averaged 8+ made threes/game and only had 4 in the final. I don't think it was the extra game we played > we couldn't have pressed like we did if we used the "tired" excuse.

I don't know if we would have won the championship with Crawford, but I think we might have beaten either NC State or LSU, plus had 2-3 more conference wins (UNT/UTEP home, maybe UNT Road).

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Honestly, I would rather not have and out of conference home game in a schedule that only plays top p5 teams than have a absolutely ridiculously pathetic game vs someone at home like crowly's ridge.

Rpi isn't something tech cares about, damn idiots.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gladzilla View Post
    Honestly, I would rather not have and out of conference home game in a schedule that only plays top p5 teams than have a absolutely ridiculously pathetic game vs someone at home like crowly's ridge.

But coaches do (they care about the record - not necessarily RPI).

Hopefully in the future (23-24 and beyond) we can schedule H/H with NT & UAB for quality OOC games

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Hopefully in the future (23-24 and beyond) we can schedule H/H with NT & UAB for quality OOC games
    We need to keep scheduling teams from Texas if we are obviously going to continue to recruit there. Rice, UNT and SMU should all be on Tech's OOC schedule. And MAYBE UTSA (an easy win).

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Gladzilla View Post

There is one caveat - they’ve got to agree to play…

Most are reluctant to play when they have a good shot of getting beat on their home floor
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Hope so!

I'll stand by this statement. Both the Dawgs and the Techsters are a couple of players away from being VERY good. Actually, in both cases, provided it's the right player, that perfect fit, we are just ONE player away from greatness, er, "very goodness".

For instance, the Techsters need a wide body big girl, who is athletic, can score and most important of all...REBOUND!!!! Gawd we got killed on the boards giving up a ton of offensive rebounds.

The Dawgs need a scoring forward, a 6'7" type player who runs the floor, like a guard, and always seems to be in the exact right spot to get an offensive rebound, put-back.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

I will say this -

The trip to Frisco this weekend (due to my son playing HS football, basketball and baseball the last 4 years I haven't had the opportunity to make many road trips) reminded me how special our DFW alumni base is and those guys and gals who consistently make the drive to Ruston during the regular season for events -

You know who you are!

I for one SALUTE YOU!

Looks like we should be able to keep (most of) the band together.

BB McKnight has re-opened his recruitment...

Not surprising since kids today tend to sign with coaches more than they do with schools -

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    BB McKnight has re-opened his recruitment...

Not surprising since kids today tend to sign with coaches more than they do with schools -
    Brian “BB” Knight ll@BrianBBKnightl1
    First, I would like to thank the Louisiana Tech coaching staff for giving me the opportunity to play at the next level. Although La Tech is still an option, due to recent events I will be reopening my recruitment.

McWright is gone too -

Reopening his recruitment

+ Reply to Thread