+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Burchfield Homers Twice in Defeat of ULM

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Burchfield Homers Twice in Defeat of ULM

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Got to give ULM their props on their broadcast -

It was light years ahead of what we offer

Great graphics - good camera angles, clear picture and solid sound

If they can do it, why can't we?

And it's just not the ESPN+ platform, it starts with the cameras and production factors first and foremost
    Doesn't Wayne Gentry produce for both institutions?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Doesn't Wayne Gentry produce for both institutions?
    He is my neighbor from down the the street at the lake -

As you know, Wayne is a freelancer and told me most of his work is primarily ESPN+ then CBSSN and that we have cut back $$$ (CUSA.tv) on our production costs since the pandemic

Which seems to make sense considering the quality of our production has tanked noticeably the past two years...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

As you know, Wayne is a freelancer and told me most of his work is primarily ESPN+ then CBSSN and that we have cut back $$$ (CUSA.tv) on our production costs since the pandemic

Which seems to make sense considering the quality of our production has tanked noticeably the past two years...
    Our CUSA tv is ALWAYS bad. I am thinking it is on our side, but not sure...

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I think we are missing out on Advertising dollars that could cover the cost of ESPN quality productions.

I've watched numerous games from other C-USA schools and they have local advertising. We should be after as much advertising $$ as possible. Commercials between innings (2-3 each time x at least 16 breaks > 32-48 commercials). In-game sponsors > "Verizon call to the Bullpen" > Trivia sponsored by ... > etc.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    Re: Matulia errors. Ball tails differently on hits to LF than it does to RF. It's not always just a plug and play thing to move guys in the outfield.
    He played some LF last year. If you recall he was injured early due to a misplay on a fly ball. Thanks for the lesson on ball spin. Can you help me with my golf game?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I think we are missing out on Advertising dollars that could cover the cost of ESPN quality productions.

I've watched numerous games from other C-USA schools and they have local advertising. We should be after as much advertising $$ as possible. Commercials between innings (2-3 each time x at least 16 breaks > 32-48 commercials). In-game sponsors > "Verizon call to the Bullpen" > Trivia sponsored by ... > etc.
    Learfield has not hired a GM for us.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    He played some LF last year. If you recall he was injured early due to a misplay on a fly ball. Thanks for the lesson on ball spin. Can you help me with my golf game?
    I know he's played some but it's not his primary position.

And there's no hope for your golf game or mine... golf is more fun when you suck anyway.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Our CUSA tv is ALWAYS bad. I am thinking it is on our side, but not sure...
    Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Learfield has not hired a GM for us.
    Sometimes I wish Learfield would find a veteran of the broadcasting field (not necessarily a PXP guy) who is looking for his last spot, settle down, and meet some aggressive goals set by the university and Learfield and . . . be a mentor to his student help AND advise the administration on the way to go. Streaming, paid or unpaid subscribers, mixing radio and TV ad packages. No need to come to Tech to fill out a resume, but take advantage of one that's already filled out.
    Our AD is perceptive. He's very capable of making the calls to find such a person.

PS-I'd love to have had such an opportunity 20 years ago, but I've outkicked my coverage.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Sometimes I wish Learfield would find a veteran of the broadcasting field (not necessarily a PXP guy) who is looking for his last spot, settle down, and meet some aggressive goals set by the university and Learfield and . . . be a mentor to his student help AND advise the administration on the way to go. Streaming, paid or unpaid subscribers, mixing radio and TV ad packages. No need to come to Tech to fill out a resume, but take advantage of one that's already filled out.
    Our AD is perceptive. He's very capable of making the calls to find such a person.

PS-I'd love to have had such an opportunity 20 years ago, but I've outkicked my coverage.
    Remember our first Learfield GM? The one who left so many of our long time supporter/sponsors out in the cold because he "didn't have room for any more spots"? He set the tone with Learfield, then we got a double dose of that attitude with the horrible AD hire after BVDV. Hopefully our new AD gets it.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Our streaming production is really the "window" that our athletic department is viewed through -

It is as every bit as important as our game day experience - if not more so

But like the conditions of our grounds when you drive into campus, it is the first area cut when budget issues arise

We just DON'T GET IT - never have, never will
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

espn3 / ESPN + school productions broadcast manual

We'd need a minimum of 8 cameras, preferably 10.

4-5 for each sport
    Fall / Soccer / Volleyball (Continue to have a production company do football)
    Winter / Basketball / Tennis (some overlap with Spring, but events are usually in AM when other sports are home. Share with Softball).
    Spring / Baseball / Softball

For other sports, you can bring all cameras together for events: Track & Field, Golf, Cross Country

+ Reply to Thread