+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Senate votes to keep DLS time year round

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Senate votes to keep DLS time year round

Stepping away from Russia, covid, and gas prices for a second. Voting this way, to me, proves they don't ever look into the results of what they pass. Will hurt school age kids and blue collar workers the most. Would be cool with leaving it one way but standard, not DST

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Senate votes to keep DLS time year round

I don't understand the issues with this time stuff. The change, every six months might, MIGHT, affect me that first Sunday morning the change occurs, and even that is no biggie. I have already forgotten we've had a recent change, well that is until someone reminds me of it...like this.

I do think that meme sent out via social media is funny, the one showing an old Indian holding up a blanket with the caption, "Only the Federal government would think you make a blanket longer by cutting off a foot from the bottom then sewing to the top."

Have a close friend who drives me nuts with this crap. She was complaining yesterday, "I will have to quit my job, I just can't handle this time change." Get a frickin' life...

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

For the "hurt" it causes school children, they also get the benefit of being able to be outside longer in the evenings. I know my baseball team appreciates it.

There are already times like now, where the sunrise is late in the morning and most commutes happen in the dark. We'd just have to put up with it for a longer period of time. I'd rather have more daylight hours to spend with my family after work than spending daylight time driving to work.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

So the fact the kids will be in school before sunrise doesn't both you? The fact that MILLIONS of kids in the coldest part of the year will be waiting at the end of their driveway two hours before sunrise doesn't bother you? Those that don't ride the buses will be driving to school in complete darkness. Guess it's not about the kids and their safety after all.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I don't care which way they leave it, but I'm ready for the changing the clocks stuff to stop.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    So the fact the kids will be in school before sunrise doesn't both you? The fact that MILLIONS of kids in the coldest part of the year will be waiting at the end of their driveway two hours before sunrise doesn't bother you? Those that don't ride the buses will be driving to school in complete darkness. Guess it's not about the kids and their safety after all.
    We are raising two grandkids. Monday we stood in the driveway waiting for the bus, my 6-yr-old granddaughter said to me, "Poppa, we're too early, it's dark...I'm going back to bed." This morning she was already used to it. Kids are resilient.

BTW, when I was a kid, busses never stopped at each house, we all had to walk to a street corner to a designated bus stop. For some kids it was often a long walk. But then, we are Boomers, used to doing things for ourselves...

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Stepping away from Russia, covid, and gas prices for a second. Voting this way, to me, proves they don't ever look into the results of what they pass. Will hurt school age kids and blue collar workers the most. Would be cool with leaving it one way but standard, not DST
    It is fascinating that, faced with consequences of a decision THEY made, the govt chooses to double down on the decision rather than simply reverse it

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    We are raising two grandkids. Monday we stood in the driveway waiting for the bus, my 6-yr-old granddaughter said to me, "Poppa, we're too early, it's dark...I'm going back to bed." This morning she was already used to it. Kids are resilient.

BTW, when I was a kid, busses never stopped at each house, we all had to walk to a street corner to a designated bus stop. For some kids it was often a long walk. But then, we are Boomers, used to doing things for ourselves...
    You are describing the GenX latchkey kids. We took care of ourselves.

Boomers had peace and prosperity given to them by their parents, but weren’t satisfied with it, so they robbed from future generations as well.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Hold my beer say the kids from Alaska.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

There are studies showing increases in traffic accidents, workplace incidents, and heart attacks relating to the changes.

It's time to drop it.

Oh, I'm cool with one way or the other but make it standard time. As far as walking to one spot for the bus, nice when you live in an urban area but unrealistic in rural areas.

I also see it through the eyes of a blue collar worker who need daylight to do your jobs. But it's all about your personal situation and experience, I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    You are describing the GenX latchkey kids. We took care of ourselves.

Boomers had peace and prosperity given to them by their parents, but weren’t satisfied with it, so they robbed from future generations as well.
    Hah! Gawd you say the stupidest things.

Er, right, we didn't walk to a designated bus stop....only, we did!

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

So the fact the kids will be in school before sunrise doesn't both you?
    The kids will be inside at school, so who cares if there's daylight outside when they get there? I have 2 kids, and no, it doesn't bother me.

The fact that MILLIONS of kids in the coldest part of the year will be waiting at the end of their driveway two hours before sunrise doesn't bother you?
    Kids had to wait for the bus in the dark today. If you're first on the bus route, you probably wait in the dark much more often than not. As it was alluded to in another comment, see also: Alaska

I also see it through the eyes of a blue collar worker who need daylight to do your jobs. But it's all about your personal situation and experience, I get it.
    Do you think farmers get up at 6am to start work every day of the year, or do they sleep in a bit or work on other things early in the morning during DST and work later into the evening?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

If times can be changed 1 hour either direction 2 times a year, why not meet in the middle and leave it?

+ Reply to Thread