+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WNIT Preview: Lady Techsters vs Houston

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: WNIT Preview: Lady Techsters vs Houston

I was at the WNIT game years ago when we beat SMU, Spoon was coach. There was a general excitement in the TAC. Heard folks saying afterwards it was good seeing the Techsters win in a national tourney again. A resurgence...that unfortunately never manifested.

I can't make tonight's game in person, have other obligations. I hope this is the start on the path back to a measure of greatness.

Go Techsters!

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I was at the WNIT game years ago when we beat SMU, Spoon was coach. There was a general excitement in the TAC. Heard folks saying afterwards it was good seeing the Techsters win in a national tourney again. A resurgence...that unfortunately never manifested.

I can't make tonight's game in person, have other obligations. I hope this is the start on the path back to a measure of greatness.

Go Techsters!
    Ought to be MAJOR excitement in the TAC tonight. Mrs. Russdawg and I will do our part, so thrilled our Ladies get in a national tournament: even more special that it's in Ruston.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Ought to be MAJOR excitement in the TAC tonight. Mrs. Russdawg and I will do our part, so thrilled our Ladies get in a national tournament: even more special that it's in Ruston.
    And I would love to beat an AAC team and future B12 one!!!!!! Should be fun to watch. I still think that we WILL beat Houston!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Go Techsters!
    To put some of my recent gloominess in perspective: I remember well going to the NCAA game against Rutgers in 2011. That's one of my first experiences of the Techsters. And it's all been downhill from there. I hope it goes back uphill someday but I don't have a lot of memories of the glory days like you old fogeys to keep me warm through the winter

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    To put some of my recent gloominess in perspective: I remember well going to the NCAA game against Rutgers in 2011. That's one of my first experiences of the Techsters. And it's all been downhill from there. I hope it goes back uphill someday but I don't have a lot of memories of the glory days like you old fogeys to keep me warm through the winter
    I was there in Bossier City for that disaster. Texas A&M, Coach Gary Blair, won that regional and went on to win the National Championship that year.

But, yeah, after we tied it at 14, Rutgers went on a run and we were never in it. Lost by...what, 20 points or so. Don't remember the final score.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post

Glad you called us fogeys instead of geezers, that's the one that really hurts.

Glory days are too far gone to provide warmth. As Conway and Loretta sing: "And there's nothin' cold as ashes
    After the fire is gone…" Here the Google link.

https://www.google.com/search?q=noth...obile&ie=UTF-8

That warmth can be rekindled tonight with:

DEE-FENCE and REE-BOUNDING

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Maybe Reneau will show up to cast his black cloud over another team of Lady Techsters. We’ll never recover from what that A hole did.

Techsters lose 63-52...hoops is officially over for this year

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    Maybe Reneau will show up to cast his black cloud over another team of Lady Techsters. We’ll never recover from what that A hole did.
    Grow up...

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Double no-hitter for Tech tonight. Didn't hit anywhere near enough shots. Didn't hit the defensive glass anywhere near hard enough to have any chance to win.

NET rankings take into account offensive and defensive efficiency, and Houston was by far the more efficient team on both ends of the floor in this game.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Oof. Another cold winter.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Grow up...
    Kiss off

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Techsters Season Ends with WNIT Loss to Houston

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech Strategic Communications

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Double no-hitter for Tech tonight. Didn't hit anywhere near enough shots. Didn't hit the defensive glass anywhere near hard enough to have any chance to win.

NET rankings take into account offensive and defensive efficiency, and Houston was by far the more efficient team on both ends of the floor in this game.
    I was not impressed with Houston. We just seemed to not have the fight in us that we had in the CUSA tournament. We were flat. Our shots (even open ones) were not falling in the second half at all. Houston is very good at getting teams to turn the ball over and that lead to most of their points. That was the difference. Anna Larr and Walker were our only two players up until the final 7 minutes that had received any fouls at all and they were at half speed because of their foul trouble. Just a bad game at a bad time. This was not the fight and toughness I was used to seeing from the Lady Techsters in the second half of the year this year. That is how games go, though. My hat is off to them for exceeding every expectation this year, though. We have a great team coming back next year and it will need to make up for this ending. Congrats to the Lady Techsters for the season, though. None of us expected to go anywhere this year and they did it by pure toughness. We want more now, of course.

+ Reply to Thread