+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Dance

Varsity Bulldog Dawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to all

Re: The Dance

Tech52...no, its not "just a shirt"..

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Warm up shirts need a team logo and a quote like “Pump it up!”. Not a political statement. If any member of the team doesn’t support that racist group, then they could be made to look like the bad guy. So they go along to get along. That’s not okay.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

The one political Statement I would support might be, “No politics, just basketball!”

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg74 View Post
    Tech52...no, its not "just a shirt"..
    It is, indeed, just a shirt. A harmless shirt.

They aren’t sitting on the sidelines chanting all game long, they aren’t preaching to the press pre and post game, they are not causing delays in the game or tournaments.

If the team wants to wear that, they can. I would have more of a problem if they were being forced to wear this shirt by school admin against their will. I doubt they are.
    Using the shirt does not mean they associate with the “BLM” organization. It is its own statement.
    I didn’t even notice the shirts just watching the games.

Varsity Bulldog Dawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to all

Tech52...don't know how you COULDN'T notice the shirts...sorry, we'll just disagree...it most certainly is a statement, and the reason I've personally tuned out of things like that, the NFL, etc. It's ok, I'm old and old fashioned, and I don't have to listen, watch, or adhere to political malarkey from college kids...

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    The entire team had them on. They were part of the team warmup uniforms. I went from a supporter to hoping they get their asses kicked as soon as I saw those.
    Me, too, when I saw that at the beginning. Had to look up where that is and wasn’t surprised. Always pull for underdog unless they’re playing my team. So no more cheering for them for that reason.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    The bench typically wears the shirts they wore into the arena while sitting there. Not exactly a big deal.
    Yes it is.

Yeah. Its the warmup shirt. Its just a shirt.
    No it's not.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    The one political Statement I would support might be, “No politics, just basketball!”
    This! Just play the game-don’t care or want to know their views, only watch the game.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

It is, indeed, just a shirt. A harmless shirt.

They aren’t sitting on the sidelines chanting all game long, they aren’t preaching to the press pre and post game, they are not causing delays in the game or tournaments.

If the team wants to wear that, they can. I would have more of a problem if they were being forced to wear this shirt by school admin against their will. I doubt they are.
    Using the shirt does not mean they associate with the “BLM” organization. It is its own statement.
    I didn’t even notice the shirts just watching the games.
    So you’ll be good with Tech wearing “Let’s go Brandon” warmups.

Want to see Duke and Kansas in the final. UNC has proven they can handle it. Nova makes free throws. Gonna be a good final 4

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Want to see Duke and Kansas in the final. UNC has proven they can handle it. Nova makes free throws. Gonna be a good final 4
    Just heard this is the first ever meeting in the NCAA's between Duke and UNC. That seems impossible to be true.

I am not a Duke fan, but kind of hope Coach K goes out on top.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Just heard this is the first ever meeting in the NCAA's between Duke and UNC. That seems impossible to be true.

I am not a Duke fan, but kind of hope Coach K goes out on top.
    The Dome was packed! What was the attendance?

Saw UNC beat Tulane at the Dome waaaay back in 1976, 113-106 in 4 OTs. Tulane's entire starting lineup had fouled out. UNC was ranked #1 and had players like Phil Ford and Walter Davis.

I didn’t see the game, but I heard the officials decided to take over the second half.

I didn’t see the game, but I heard the officials decided to take over the second half.
    Last night? I didn't see any such thing. The refs missed some calls, for both sides, but I didn't see where one team benefited more than the other.

Turned out to be an entertaining game. Great comeback by KU.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The Dome was packed! What was the attendance?

Saw UNC beat Tulane at the Dome waaaay back in 1976, 113-106 in 4 OTs. Tulane's entire starting lineup had fouled out. UNC was ranked #1 and had players like Phil Ford and Walter Davis.
    It was 70,602 for Saturday.

Ari Temkin, who does a lot of work for SiriusXM, was on their College Sports Channel yesterday.

He said that normally at the Final Four these stadiums will use lighting to hide the fact that there are thousands of empty seats in the 600 level/nosebleeds.

But not on Saturday. He said it was really, really difficult to find an empty seat anywhere in the Dome other than in the very corner obstructed view seats that weren't for sale.

It was an actual 70,000 plus in the building.
    Last edited by The Historian; 04-05-2022 at 12:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread