+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks Like Konkol Will Be The Next Head Coach at Tulsa…

Varsity Bulldog Bulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Re: Looks Like Konkol Will Be The Next Head Coach at Tulsa…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Come on man -

In those two years he went 7-11 and 9-9 in conference

And then he backed those two years up by going

5-4, 4-3 and 6-3 on the road for a record of 15-10 on the road in conference that's 60% overall

and he went 13-5, 12-4 and 12-6 overall in conference which is a 71% clip

His overall conference road record is 27-34 for 44.3% (nice rebound considering he had a 2 year stretch of 2-16)

His overall conference home record is 52-11 for 82.5%

His total overall conference record is 79-45 for 63.7%

This is in a sport (D1 basketball) where the home winning percentage is over 68% and the road winning percentage is 34% - (that's overall %'s, not just conference games)
    Don’t confuse the discussion with facts, Dwayne!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Three words;
    More. Offensive. Rebounding.
    I thought our offensive rebounding positioning was fine - players just have to grab the balls that hit their hands in critical game situations...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ LouisianaSelect has much to be proud ofLouisianaSelect has much to be proud ofLouisianaSelect has much to be proud ofLouisianaSelect has much to be proud ofLouisianaSelect has much to be proud ofLouisianaSelect has much to be proud ofLouisianaSelect has much to be proud ofLouisianaSelect has much to be proud ofLouisianaSelect has much to be proud ofLouisianaSelect has much to be proud ofLouisianaSelect has much to be proud of

Really no official short list -

I hope we can name a new coach by Monday - but there is some thought out there that it could drag on to the first week of April

Keller at SFA
    White who is an assistant at OU
    Hester who is an assistant at TTech

Are a few of the names -

Supposedly it's drawing a strong interest nation wide

After Wood hired Taylor in softball and Cumbie for football, I'm willing to trust in his process
    Dwayne, I think White played at OU and now coaching at Houston. I am still pissed that he had to go to summer school and could not play for me....SMH.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Your comparing apples to oranges - no changing of the guard, no unwritten mutual agreement, no being eased out the door -

Look at what happened in football the final two regular season games of the 2019 season, the entire 2020 Covid season and then last year - Holtz was shown the door in a very public fashion

2019-2020 finished 22-8 and tied for 2nd in the conference with tourney cancelled due to covid, 2020-2021 a CUSA West Title and 3rd Place NIT finish, 2021-2022 appearance in tourney title game & another 24 win season

If Konkol stays we are probably preseason favorites even if Jr doesn't come back...

Remember he was the 3rd assistant on Miami's staff when we hired him - he had some growing pains of learning the job of HC but the last three years had settled in nicely and his team had progressed to the point of reloading instead of rebuilding

Those of y'all who think this is in any way similar to the Holtz situation need to step back and reset

True. For starters, Konkol had offers to pursue, while Holtz didn't.

Konkol did a great job here at LA Tech. He consistently kept LA Tech in the conference's top 3, year after year, in a conference loaded with talent, at such places as WKU, UAB, UNT, ODU and MTSU. Personally, I thank Konkol for a job damn well done!

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Great move for Konkol - it was time he got a shot at a school committed to men’s basketball success. He will have them in the NCAA tournament by year two at the latest.

Great move for Tech - we don’t need long term coaches - we need coaches that programs with more money and commitment want. Tulsa fits that bill.

This is a huge chance for Konkol to make it to a major P5 program in a few years and collect life changing paychecks.

I can’t wait to see what SLC assistant we turn the program over to.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

If we go SLC it will be a sitting head coach…

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

If we go SLC it will be a sitting head coach…
    And the hire likely would already have been announced this week unless front-line targets are still involved with teams playing.

I think we will make announcement within the next 24 to 36 hours -

I think it will come from one of these three -

Hester, Young or Claunch

I think Lutz is a dark horse and could sneak in

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

I must've missed something -- who's Young?

I think it’s Hester -

Supposedly he was flew in on a Davison plane this morning

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

I think it’s Hester -

Probably a good guess. He has been on every list I have saw.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I think it’s Hester -

Makes a lot of sense. He’s Mark Few than Eric Musselman, but I’m fine with that. If he can hold the roster together, he can get to the dance next year. Do that twice in 3 years and he can go wherever he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by 96bulldog View Post
    I must've missed something -- who's Young?
    Sorry - brain fart this morning - I meant White

Claunch from Nicholls St is still my personal favorite and fits the “Wood Model” on coaches he has hired so far -

But I just don’t see them sending a plane to get Hester if he is not the guy….

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute OLDBLUE's Avatar

And if he turns it down …….?
    A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind. Prov 18:2
    (OLDBLUE does not necessarily express the opinion of the owner of the moniker OLDBLUE, or its staff. Any inference to that validity is expressly denied by the owner of the OLDBLUE moniker. Should any such posted remark seem irresponsible or mean, send hate mail and terse responses directly to OLDBLUE's PM for OLDBLUE's official explination. Snotty responses on the open forum will not be tolerated and may result in immediate and aggressive legal response.)

"It is only when you do not have hope in a society that you join a suicide bomber team." - G.W. Bush, the hated President
    "Life without Hope in Christ is spiritual suicide" - Cowpatty, a little stinker

+ Reply to Thread