+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lofton Declares for Draft, Leaves Door Open

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Lofton Declares for Draft, Leaves Door Open

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Re: Lofton Declares for Draft, Leaves Door Open

I selfishly hope he comes back when he meets the new staff, but I don't blame him for taking this step. I'm very glad he is exploring without slamming the door shut.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Absolutely 100% the right move.

Gets valuable feedback from the NBA, and sees where he's at against others in the same boat.

I think Jelly Walker might do the same.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

And I think there is probably an 80-90% chance he returns to college. Smart move to get feedback and get an honest evaluation of where he stands.

IMO he is not ready for the NBA. Just hope he gets the correct advice and then follows it.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

He's not coming back to Tech.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    He's not coming back to Tech.
    He probably wants to dance. That's not happening under his eligibility even if we get the best coach in the world

Varsity Bulldog Bulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    He probably wants to dance. That's not happening under his eligibility even if we get the best coach in the world
    Wow, I guess we should just shut down the basketball program then.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

This is why you don’t necessarily pull for players or coaches. They can be gone tomorrow.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldawg81 View Post
    I don’t understand this post.

Varsity Bulldog Bulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    I don’t understand this post.
    Blue Dog basically said that even if we hire the “best coach in the world” and Lofton returns to Tech, that we still could not make “the dance” during his eligibility. If that was correct (I don’t think it is), then why bother continuing the basketball program if we never have a chance to win a championship?

I am certainly not in favor of shutting down the basketball program. I was responding to what I thought was a ridiculous statement from Blue Dog.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldawg81 View Post
    New coaches take time to organize their teams, which is perfectly understandable.

While I hope Tech sports is shedding its decades old all-sports curse under Dr Wood, this also takes time.

Certainly possible that Dr Wood gets Bobby Knight next year and we Dance, or possibly 2 years.

But that's a lot of ifs...or I can just take the opportunity to jump ship to a cushy P5 who can get an at-large with 16+ wins.

We will be as fine as we can be. Yes, 05 put it well. Jr will do what's best for his career. Hopefully that's with Tech but I can imagine scenarios where he thinks differently.

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future

I was told by a college coach that Kenny Hunter is in the transfer portal. We are going to need the transfer portal.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    New coaches take time to organize their teams, which is perfectly understandable.

While I hope Tech sports is shedding its decades old all-sports curse under Dr Wood, this also takes time.

Certainly possible that Dr Wood gets Bobby Knight next year and we Dance, or possibly 2 years.

But that's a lot of ifs...or I can just take the opportunity to jump ship to a cushy P5 who can get an at-large with 16+ wins.

We will be as fine as we can be. Yes, 05 put it well. Jr will do what's best for his career. Hopefully that's with Tech but I can imagine scenarios where he thinks differently.
    I know you weren't being serious, but you know Bobby Knight's coaching days are over? His health is very bad. Man that would have been a wild ride though. Ruston would never be the same. Think if we could have gotten him when he left Indiana. Him and Barmore, at the same time, in the TAC.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaSelect View Post
    I was told by a college coach that Kenny Hunter is in the transfer portal. We are going to need the transfer portal.
    247 has not listed any players entering the portal for today (for any school). As of yesterday no Tech players were in the portal. Not sure how accurate 237 is for basketball or how quickly they update.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaSelect View Post
    That sucks / I had high hopes for Kenny / was he one of yours?

Verbal Commits | D1 Players Transferring in 2022

+ Reply to Thread