+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Lofton Declares for Draft, Leaves Door Open

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: Lofton Declares for Draft, Leaves Door Open

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    See I still have a problem with him entering the portal - it's like your girlfriend telling you that she just wants to be friends after two years of knockout sex....
    I have a problem with the portal as well. It ended OK like this, and you see an awful lot of pictures of him in TECH uniforms since people are wondering who he is and where he showed up from. Glad to see him doing well in the summer league.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

With one daughter at Tech and another about to start, the bride and I visited campus several times with them. Every time we walked through, we'd see Junior in the middle of all the activities. He wasn't playing it cool either: laughing, talking, shaking hands. I have NEVER seen a single Tech player so often at events unrelated to their sport. We saw him at football games. We saw him at baseball games. Heck, we even saw him at "doughnuts with the professors". Either the guy loved Tech or he needs to be given an Oscar.

As for the transfer portal, I'll say this. I doubt there are many on here who would instruct their children to pass on BIG bucks through NIL at another university and stay at Tech. Junior left at the right time. He only wore one college uniform. He's been a good representative of our school off the court. I will cheer for him as long as he plays and beyond.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post

As for the transfer portal, I'll say this. I doubt there are many on here who would instruct their children to pass on BIG bucks through NIL at another university and stay at Tech. Junior left at the right time. He only wore one college uniform. He's been a good representative of our school off the court. I will cheer for him as long as he plays and beyond.
    He listed UAB. How do you defend him for this loyalty to Tech when he had them on his list? I won't cheer against him, but he ain't one of us.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    He listed UAB. How do you defend him for this loyalty to Tech when he had them on his list? I won't cheer against him, but he ain't one of us.
    As far as I could tell, all the schools who reached out to him were listed.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

As far as I could tell, all the schools who reached out to him were listed.
    I see. It was not his list, but the limited list of those who might consider him. LOL!

I see. It was not his list, but the limited list of those who might consider him. LOL!
    It was the schools that expressed interest.

And if you can't tell UAB is offering money guarantees to their transfers, you aren't paying attention.

It was the schools that expressed interest.

And if you can't tell UAB is offering money guarantees to their transfers, you aren't paying attention.
    So he was obligated to list all schools who “expressed interest” but they also offered money. Gotcha!

So he was obligated to list all schools who “expressed interest” but they also offered money. Gotcha!
    I'd imagine that every school that reached out to him offered NIL deals. I don't know about you, but if ULM (NLU) offered me a hundred grand to play for them when I was 19--Talens UP!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

With one daughter at Tech and another about to start, the bride and I visited campus several times with them. Every time we walked through, we'd see Junior in the middle of all the activities. He wasn't playing it cool either: laughing, talking, shaking hands. I have NEVER seen a single Tech player so often at events unrelated to their sport. We saw him at football games. We saw him at baseball games. Heck, we even saw him at "doughnuts with the professors". Either the guy loved Tech or he needs to be given an Oscar.

He got very bad advice on how to handle his situation...

The family recommendation to enter the portal was ill advised, and then handled very poorly

With every day that passes, I'm personally finding it harder and harder to allocate what I have been allocating to Tech athletics in the past due to the NIL situation, transfer portal situation and the overall attitude of today's college athletes (surprisingly the conference situation doesn't bother me at all)

To me the joy of college athletics has been robbed

I can take the $7K or so I'm spending annually on Tech and Tech athletics and do some very nice things for my family and myself
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    He got very bad advice on how to handle his situation...

The family recommendation to enter the portal was ill advised, and then handled very poorly

With every day that passes, I'm personally finding it harder and harder to allocate what I have been allocating to Tech athletics in the past due to the NIL situation, transfer portal situation and the overall attitude of today's college athletes (surprisingly the conference situation doesn't bother me at all)

To me the joy of college athletics has been robbed

I can take the $7K or so I'm spending annually on Tech and Tech athletics and do some very nice things for my family and myself
    I hear ya! The NIL stuff really gets in my crawl too. But it's not Tech's fault. Thankfully, my family still enjoys going to games and cheering on our team. It's actually been a good investment for us in that regard.

I did some checking. He was not obligated to list teams who (illegally) reached out to him or to list teams he might consider. The list he provided was strictly for show and the UAB listing was a jab a LaTech.

Notice I used "teams" instead of universities. As said above, he got some bad advice from those close to him. He also either strung out our new HC or our new HC fed us a line of BS on day one.

Can we please stop celebrating a guy who played for two years, led us on, and is now playing semi-pro.

Nobody said he was obligated legally to list the teams.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Y'all should search for Kenneth Lofton on Twitter and read the commentary. I know it is mostly Grizz fans but even some of the players are pretty excited for what he can do in the NBA. Lots of "it is criminal he wasn't drafted commentary".

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

I think Jr is going to be fine...not Millsap fine, but fine none the less. He's making it known he can play, and as long as Tech is his only college home, I'm OK with that.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

He’s back in Ruston working out after the summer league when he has literally zero obligation to do so. Still think he doesn’t care about Tech?

+ Reply to Thread