+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Lofton Declares for Draft, Leaves Door Open

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Re: Lofton Declares for Draft, Leaves Door Open

I'm hoping that he is consulting with Malone and other TECH people connected with pro basketball to get the best he can for his career and financial future.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    He’s back in Ruston working out after the summer league when he has literally zero obligation to do so. Still think he doesn’t care about Tech?
    How does this benefit Tech? He is getting a free workout spot. This is similar to allowing former football players, who flunked out and hurt the team's chances for a conference championship, to use our facilities to train for NFL crap.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    How does this benefit Tech? He is getting a free workout spot. This is similar to allowing former football players, who flunked out and hurt the team's chances for a conference championship, to use our facilities to train for NFL crap.
    It benefits Tech for him to play in the NBA. It benefits Tech for him to be publicly affiliated with us. It could benefit Tech even more down the road if he was to have a successful NBA career. Junior identifies with Louisiana Tech.

Yeah, I wish he hadn't re-opened his recruitment but, putting myself in his shoes, I'm not going to cast stones. Like I said before, he was FAR more involved in campus life than alot of the athletes people have no problem celebrating. I think he honestly loves the school and enjoyed his experience. All of it speaks well for Tech.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with the NFL part of this. Junior using the gym is no big deal to me.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    It benefits Tech for him to play in the NBA. It benefits Tech for him to be publicly affiliated with us. It could benefit Tech even more down the road if he was to have a successful NBA career. Junior identifies with Louisiana Tech.

Yeah, I wish he hadn't re-opened his recruitment but, putting myself in his shoes, I'm not going to cast stones. Like I said before, he was FAR more involved in campus life than alot of the athletes people have no problem celebrating. I think he honestly loves the school and enjoyed his experience. All of it speaks well for Tech.
    He was more involved in all sports and campus life than any other student at Tech that I know of. I hate that we don’t have him for this upcoming season, but anything he does at this point to attract attention to Tech in a good way is okay by me.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

The fact that he is working out at TECH, after a good early showing is great for TECH. He didn't go to another college, he's back in Ruston and personally I think that's a great positive. Think of others that left early but still support TECH...namely Malone and Paul M.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    The fact that he is working out at TECH, after a good early showing is great for TECH. He didn't go to another college, he's back in Ruston and personally I think that's a great positive. Think of others that left early but still support TECH...namely Malone and Paul M.
    Was he "supporting Tech" when he entered the portal and listed UAB as a possible landing spot?

You guys have a crush on a guy who didn't honor his "commitment" to Tech. Tech honored it's commitment to him and does NOT owe him this free workout spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    I agree with the NFL part of this. Junior using the gym is no big deal to me.
    y

Think it is costing us anything? Who is paying that bill?

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Yep, terrible for Tech for him to promote pictures of himself in Ruston with our logo in the background. Terrible that his bio is “Port Arthur • Ruston • Memphis” He could get a free workout anywhere. Why not stay in Memphis or go back home to Texas? Ruston doesn’t have the only gym in the south he can work out at for free. Say what you want about the football guys, but he’s not close to being on that level.

http://https://twitter.com/itzjunior...0yiiZan8b4EvRg

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree!!!!! People will forget that he entered the portal and all that will be known is Louisiana Tech as his school. Works for me... Best wishes for Jr. Wish we had him coming back, but I wished for the same thing with Malone for that last year.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Totally agree!!!!! People will forget that he entered the portal and all that will be known is Louisiana Tech as his school. Works for me... Best wishes for Jr. Wish we had him coming back, but I wished for the same thing with Malone for that last year.
    There is no comparison to Malone actually getting drafted as the 13th overall pick after three years at Tech.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

The current head coach loves Jr.
    Heck he recruited him to Tech. So you can't deny that connection.
    However, his usage of the initials UAB, however, showed some immature business thinking for someone who says he's all-out to get on fulltime in the NBA.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread