+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spring Brings New Beginnings For Tech Football - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Spring Brings New Beginnings For Tech Football - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

RUSTON, La. –*Nothing signifies new beginnings better than springtime, and despite the not-so-spring-like weather, Tech football officially ushered in the Sonny Cumbie era Tuesday afternoon inside Joe Alliet Stadium.

More...

Discuss it here.

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Re: Spring Brings New Beginnings For Tech Football - latechsports.com

Noticed that only 3 of the freshman signees have been added to the roster - Allen, Lyddy and Rea. Does that mean Tech pulled the scholarships on the other ten, or that they didn't enroll in school, or that they just haven't updated the roster completely. Only one of the upper classmen was not added - Ta'ase. Any one know the answer?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by old dawg View Post
    Noticed that only 3 of the freshman signees have been added to the roster - Allen, Lyddy and Rea. Does that mean Tech pulled the scholarships on the other ten, or that they didn't enroll in school, or that they just haven't updated the roster completely. Only one of the upper classmen was not added - Ta'ase. Any one know the answer?
    My guess is only Spring enrollees are on the roster. The rest won't show up until August.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Can 't list them on roster if they are not enrolled...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks, never occurred to me that some kids are still in high school. Guess I have been out of school too long. Don't pay a lot of attention to the calendar since I retired.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

I think today was practice number 2. Saw a few pictures online, but have not heard much. Looked to be closed practices, as you would expect. Anybody have any insights from only two days?

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    I think today was practice number 2. Saw a few pictures online, but have not heard much. Looked to be closed practices, as you would expect. Anybody have any insights from only two days?
    I dont think they're closed. When practices are in the stadium, sometimes there isn't a way to get in. Maybe some assume practices are closed. WE must be saving the practice fields because the grass isn't growing yet and kind of damp. Coaches are always cognizant of who's there. Ive seen on the website where they ask for prior notice, but I think thats for the media so they wont be overlooked. The only coach thats run people off was Derek, that I know of.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

It is a new Spring, a new era. I'm sure the word "complete" will still be heard a lot when reports start to come out but maybe now it will be used with some real value behind it.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAMROB View Post
    I dont think they're closed. When practices are in the stadium, sometimes there isn't a way to get in. Maybe some assume practices are closed. WE must be saving the practice fields because the grass isn't growing yet and kind of damp. Coaches are always cognizant of who's there. Ive seen on the website where they ask for prior notice, but I think thats for the media so they wont be overlooked. The only coach thats run people off was Derek, that I know of.
    The Air Raid guys are usually pretty open. They're not trying to trick anyone about what they want to do (until like actual game-planning, week-of stuff). At least that was the Dykes approach, and I think he got that from Leach (who is one of Cumbie's influences).

But his other long-time boss was the opposite. Patterson was a closed practice type, I think.

Be interesting to see which approach he takes.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Wow this video. A few things about it impressed me. 1. How far in advance he threw it. 2. The PERFECT placement and velo. 3. He releases exactly when the receiver glances up . 4 Thats tough to stop. Who caught that ball ? That kid is a player (watch the toe tap) ; Or is that what Liddy does. Maybe we got something. Is that McAlister ?
    Last edited by JAMROB; 03-26-2022 at 07:26 AM.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

For now, it looks like Landry Lyddy is the lead horse in the QB stable. And I agree, that was a laser throw by Lyddy into the end zone. Nice.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post
    It is a new Spring, a new era. I'm sure the word "complete" will still be heard a lot when reports start to come out but maybe now it will be used with some real value behind it.
    Freudian slip...

Yeah, maybe we'll have a COMPLETE football program, one where assistants and coordinators are allowed to do their jobs and no starter's position is guaranteed, they will have to continue to perform to keep the starting job.

Doing so will allow Tech to truly COMPETE for a conference title.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Freudian slip...

Yeah, maybe we'll have a COMPLETE football program, one where assistants and coordinators are allowed to do their jobs and no starter's position is guaranteed, they will have to continue to perform to keep the starting job.

Doing so will allow Tech to truly COMPETE for a conference title.
    Oops! Yeah certainly didn’t intend to say complete. 🫢

+ Reply to Thread