+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SGA Fee Proposals

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: SGA Fee Proposals

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I don’t know who you guys are referring to. I had 1 history class at Tech. We referred to our prof as Caesar. He was weird, but I don’t remember him being vocal about things on campus.
    Dr Wade Mead loved ancient Rome and came to class dressed in a toga from time to time. Is that who yall called Ceasar?

He also liked to tell the story about how HE was THE last US Marine to withdraw from N. Korea. And also that he was in the 1st grade when Narmer unified Egypt into a single kingdom in 3100 BC.

Anyway, that's not who we're talking about.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    Why does Greek life need a fee? Otherwise it looks fine.
    That's easy. To get their "yes" vote.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Haughtondawg View Post
    So based on those numbers, we have 24.6k full time student enrollment????
    Enrollment Data | Institutional Effectiveness, Research, and Planning (latech.edu) Maybe that's an annual number / $150/quarter.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

These students have no idea how good they have it. I have said before that I paid $135/semester to park on campus at Baylor, in 2000-2001. If fees and costs don’t go up annually, you are constantly falling further behind, in every area of the university.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Take that money the greeks are paying and turn right back around and give it out as prizes for attending games. $100 here, $1000 there for bigger games etc. It incentivizes the them to vote yes, and then does the same thing to encourage participation and attendance in campus activities. Maybe hold $5000 grand of it back for a lump prize to the frat/sorority that earned the most points at the end of the year. Nothing extra from our budget but more than they get now as well.

Varsity Bulldog Haughtondawg seems to have something between the earsHaughtondawg seems to have something between the earsHaughtondawg seems to have something between the earsHaughtondawg seems to have something between the earsHaughtondawg seems to have something between the earsHaughtondawg seems to have something between the earsHaughtondawg seems to have something between the ears Haughtondawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Looks like 8200. Expected funds divided by Fee x 3 (quarters in a year).

That 150 bucks is about 20 bucks less than my full tuition (excluding room and board) when I was a freshman in the late 70s!
    Ahhh! Was thinking fees were annual not quarterly. Thanks for clarification.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Would that be a deal breaker for you? Obviously it is a very small percentage and part of the package to encourage the greeks to continue their support athletics.
    I'm against that part but it's not a deal breaker as the bill overall seems to be beneficial. If I were a politician that voted for it to get the benefits through, that one part of the bill I voted for would come back to haunt me in the midterms for sure

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    Take that money the greeks are paying and turn right back around and give it out as prizes for attending games. $100 here, $1000 there for bigger games etc. It incentivizes the them to vote yes, and then does the same thing to encourage participation and attendance in campus activities. Maybe hold $5000 grand of it back for a lump prize to the frat/sorority that earned the most points at the end of the year. Nothing extra from our budget but more than they get now as well.
    If this is the plan, then I'm fully on board with it. Greeks do a great job supporting athletics relatively to the rest of the student body. I like supporting them but I don't see the need of students to pay for student organizations that don't represent and benefit the whole student body and students choose to participate in. Anyway I don't want to derail this thread into a greek life conversation.

A real questions and topic ....Is this the rumored proposed fee the school was going to implement on the hopes of getting into the AAC?

Puppy YoungDawg is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    I'm against that part but it's not a deal breaker as the bill overall seems to be beneficial. If I were a politician that voted for it to get the benefits through, that one part of the bill I voted for would come back to haunt me in the midterms for sure

If this is the plan, then I'm fully on board with it. Greeks do a great job supporting athletics relatively to the rest of the student body. I like supporting them but I don't see the need of students to pay for student organizations that don't represent and benefit the whole student body and students choose to participate in. Anyway I don't want to derail this thread into a greek life conversation.

A real questions and topic ....Is this the rumored proposed fee the school was going to implement on the hopes of getting into the AAC?

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Well, that was some interesting reading. I guess you can be well educated and still be tremendously stupid.
    Does this history teacher bring in any money to the university via grants or books? Or is he one that just draws a check for teaching classes in which a grad student performs most of the work?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the work in a history class can be done by the student provided he has accurate material to read.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Haughtondawg View Post
    So based on those numbers, we have 24.6k full time student enrollment????
    8,200 full-time undergraduates averaged over fall, winter, and spring quarters. Numbers always shrink through the year.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    If we don't lose other institutional support, this would a 14.6 increase of our revenue for year ending 6/30/21 Louisiana Tech University - NCAA (state.la.us)
    So, that would put us within a million of a $40 million budget? Wasn't that the number bandied about during the AAC expansion talks?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    So, that would put us within a million of a $40 million budget? Wasn't that the number bandied about during the AAC expansion talks?
    The 14% increase would be on the latest figures in the $23 million range.

+ Reply to Thread