+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LA Tech 2022 Revised Football Schedule Released - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

LA Tech 2022 Revised Football Schedule Released - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

RUSTON, La. –*With Tuesday's news that Southern Miss, Marshall and ODU would be departing Conference USA at the end of June, the league has released the updated 2022 football schedules today.

More...

Discuss it here.

Varsity Bulldog bulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to behold bulldog009's Avatar

Re: LA Tech 2022 Revised Football Schedule Released - latechsports.com

Oh look 5 home games, with one two days after thanksgiving, so no one will be in attendance. This is my shocked face...

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog009 View Post
    Oh look 5 home games, with one two days after thanksgiving, so no one will be in attendance. This is my shocked face...
    I believe both of those situations were the case with our former schedule as well.

Varsity Bulldog bulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to beholdbulldog009 is a splendid one to behold bulldog009's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    I believe both of those situations were the case with our former schedule as well.
    True, I was just holding out hope that we might gain a home game in the process, but I'm a wishful thinker.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog009 View Post
    True, I was just holding out hope that we might gain a home game in the process, but I'm a wishful thinker.
    There was no way we were getting 5 Conference home games w/ 3 away. Also, I think having UAB instead of ODU after Thanksgiving could help attendance.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I think having UAB instead of ODU after Thanksgiving could help attendance.
    It won't.

We could have Alabama come in the Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving and no one would be there to see it.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    It won't.

We could have Alabama come in the Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving and no one would be there to see it.
    Yep, only one game has ever drawn well after Thanksgiving. Unfortunately our HC and OC were already packed for California and quit on us before opening kickoff.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Is QB and HC our only big questionables? I don't remember if we lost a whole bunch of talent from last season. I think we've always had the talent, but SH sucked and refused to do anything with it. So, if our talent is relatively the same to what we've had for the last decade or so, we have a QB and coach, then this would be a 9-4 schedule at worst. (Don't worry. Knocked on wood and other anti-jinx stuff.)

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Is QB and HC our only big questionables? I don't remember if we lost a whole bunch of talent from last season. I think we've always had the talent, but SH sucked and refused to do anything with it. So, if our talent is relatively the same to what we've had for the last decade or so, we have a QB and coach, then this would be a 9-4 schedule at worst. (Don't worry. Knocked on wood and other anti-jinx stuff.)
    Skill positions and defensive front return quite a bit of talent in my uninformed opinion.

QB, DB, and OL make me nervous but we've hit the portal hard for all those positions. The two DBs from SFA know our DC (and vice versa) and we just got another transfer from Arizona.

QB will be someone who has never taken a snap for Tech (and someone with little to no FBS playing time). But you never know, and two of the transfers are guys our new coaches know.

Varsity Bulldog kfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the rough

I'm going to the Missouri game and win or lose, I just want to the team to play hard for 60 minutes - play like they can win the game.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kfj View Post
    I'm going to the Missouri game and win or lose, I just want to the team to play hard for 60 minutes - play like they can win the game.
    Soooo .... compete?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Interesting side note...

Notre Dame is scheduled to open the 2023 season hosting Tennessee State. ND is presently the ONLY FBS school that has never played a current FCS school. Apparently, the new ND coach has a connection to TSU or to their coach and agreed to this game as a favor. TSU will make more from this game than the other 11 games combined.

I have no faith in this new ND coach and all you HATERS will get to enjoy the next few seasons until he gets fired.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else get the feeling that college football as we knew it, is long gone, and it's become nfl light? I hate the transfer portal crap and the NIL. Good or bad, it takes a lot of the loyalty to the team and school out of the picture. It seems no one has any loyalty to their team, it's just about me, me, me.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    ND is presently the ONLY FBS school that has never played a current FCS school.
    USC and UCLA.

USC had one scheduled recently but I think it was cancelled, and UCLA maybe has some coming up.

Notre Dame is scheduling this to have an easy week after international travel (they're playing in Ireland the week before).

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Anyone else get the feeling that college football as we knew it, is long gone, and it's become nfl light? I hate the transfer portal crap and the NIL. Good or bad, it takes a lot of the loyalty to the team and school out of the picture. It seems no one has any loyalty to their team, it's just about me, me, me.
    How loyal is enforced loyalty?

Guys who choose to stick around now (when they have the option to leave a little easier than before) will be the true loyalists.

I think it will level out some. Eventually there will be enough sad stories and guys left without a landing spot or who transfer and end up hating it or sitting the bench that word will get around and we'll reach something closer to equilibrium.

Same for NIL.

+ Reply to Thread