+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Its disappointing and frustrating

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

Re: Its disappointing and frustrating

I guess that's the same reason you can't find any team accurate jerseys anymore. It's all this design that looks nothing like the game day stuff

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I read the advocate. No idea why tbh.
    I know why I do. I am increasingly a big proponent of local press just like I am a big proponent of local government. I read the Livingston Parish News and, less so, the Advocate but I do read it because it has impact in my life. I also have solid relationships with some of the reporters in both papers. When I was a kid we got a daily dose of news from a local paper in the AM, national news at 530. Local news at 6pm and 10pm.

I don't know where most folks get their news these days but I am willing to bet the balance of local news is significantly lower in most peoples lives.

I think the old order of news balance was more appropriate because I think the whole focus of our lives should be more towards our neighbor and less towards the power players in Washington.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by weunice View Post
    I know why I do. I am increasingly a big proponent of local press just like I am a big proponent of local government. I read the Livingston Parish News and, less so, the Advocate but I do read it because it has impact in my life. I also have solid relationships with some of the reporters in both papers. When I was a kid we got a daily dose of news from a local paper in the AM, national news at 530. Local news at 6pm and 10pm.

I don't know where most folks get their news these days but I am willing to bet the balance of local news is significantly lower in most peoples lives.

I think the old order of news balance was more appropriate because I think the whole focus of our lives should be more towards our neighbor and less towards the power players in Washington.
    Interesting. I think about this often and got my news just like you for many years as an adult.

Gannett is just horrible and I refuse to read anything they still have an affiliation with.

Balance? I don't worry about balance. I gave up on that as a young person when I realized how much the media favored the left...yes, it was that way back then. The nearest thing we had to balance when I was a young working guy was, Paul Harvey, CNN, and The Wall Street Journal.

Now days if we genuinely care for our neighbors and try to help them as we should, we are shouted down as "ultra, maga, right wing, Christian fanatics."

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by weunice View Post

I guess we're getting a bit derailed here but you brought up an interesting thought I had the other day. We are organized into states (and somewhat territories) by the constitution. We elect a governor, senators and electors by state-wide votes yet we don't have statewide news. If we are going to have state-wide voting, it seems odd that our news is basically only regional (local TV news or local papers) or national. We are electing officials for our whole state and we really don't know what's happening in the other parts of the state.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    I guess we're getting a bit derailed here but you brought up an interesting thought I had the other day. We are organized into states (and somewhat territories) by the constitution. We elect a governor, senators and electors by state-wide votes yet we don't have statewide news. If we are going to have state-wide voting, it seems odd that our news is basically only regional (local TV news or local papers) or national. We are electing officials for our whole state and we really don't know what's happening in the other parts of the state.
    Unless you watch FOX or Newsmax you don't know what's going on nationally, or worldwide, either.

I suspect this "ignorance is bliss" media approach is by design. Keep 'em in the dark, they say, the masses don't know what's good for them. Only we libtard "elites" know what's best for the people.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Unless you watch FOX or Newsmax you don't know what's going on nationally, or worldwide, either.

I suspect this "ignorance is bliss" media approach is by design. Keep 'em in the dark, they say, the masses don't know what's good for them. Only we libtard "elites" know what's best for the people.
    News isn't just cable news channels. There are many newspapers and news websites, and they focus on national news. There are also many reputable worldwide news organizations that can be accessed inside the US that focus on worldwide news.

It's all besides the point I was making though. If we are grouped together as a state politically, shouldn't we be exposed more to events in all parts of the state?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

News isn't just cable news channels. There are many newspapers and news websites, and they focus on national news. There are also many reputable worldwide news organizations that can be accessed inside the US that focus on worldwide news.

It's all besides the point I was making though. If we are grouped together as a state politically, shouldn't we be exposed more to events in all parts of the state?
    Cable news channels are more about entertainment than news I think.

The issue with state news coverage on the whole is that all of our states are different sizes. The paper I grew up reading covered state-wide news pretty well I think. Had a national section and a state section. But covering all of Arkansas is doable both in geography and population and to some degree in relevance to people across the state. But Texas is bigger and more populated than lots of whole countries. And all the news for New Hampshire or Rhode Island is just going to feel like "local" news anyway.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

certainly not perfect, but pretty good job of statewide coverage

http://www.thedeadpelican.com/

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I don't agree it is "besides the point," it is exactly the point! Those in control of the state political parties control the media and can then manipulate regions of the state as it affects statewide elections. You are correct to point out the "fog" that exists between areas of the state and I am saying that is done on purpose for political reasons.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

subscribe to lincolnparishjournal.com for decent local sports coverage. Recent stories by Scott Boatright, Malcolm Butler, Kyle Roberts, Teddy Allen, all who love Tech athletics. Delivered by email free of charge every morning Monday-Friday. https://lp.constantcontactpages.com/su/q58xcaB/lpjjoin

Big Dog Dorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to behold

I get the free online Shreveport Bossier Journal. Email comes a couple times a week with links to articles, many about Tech, LSUS, and other local schools. They had some good articles during the Tech baseball season.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    It's kinda sorta like shot glasses (empty ) a couple of years ago . . . Tech said they would never brand license anything alcohol-related. WHO is making this call?
    A BBB voyeur updated my info for me. The no-alcohol Tech stuff was a Reneau era policy. Things have loosened up with the current 16th floor.

Our licensing requests, though, are done via incoming email requests mainly. No funding to step out the door to meet with retailers, etc.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread