+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Its disappointing and frustrating

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Its disappointing and frustrating

The Baton Rouge Advocate combined with its affiliate in New Orleans covers two thirds or more of the population in Louisiana yet wont even print a La Tech score unless it involves a Sunbelt or state school south of Alexandria. It seems that La Tech doesnt even exist and to me that is a big hurdle.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Its disappointing and frustrating

Stop reading newspapers on line or otherwise…horrible source for what they actually report.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Exes&Ohs View Post
    The Baton Rouge Advocate combined with its affiliate in New Orleans covers two thirds or more of the population in Louisiana yet wont even print a La Tech score unless it involves a Sunbelt or state school south of Alexandria. It seems that La Tech doesnt even exist and to me that is a big hurdle.
    It's been that way for sports other than football for a little more than a decade.

It's also been that way for about a decade for the TV stations in New Orleans and Baton Rouge. No coverage outside of football for McNeese, NSU, Tech, and ULM. And they barely cover football for those schools. It went from state coverage to coverage of southeast Louisiana plus the Acadiana area, as the Advocate has an Acadiana edition (and has since the 70s).

It all started with the resurgence of Nichols, SLU, and to some extent UNO. That led to more coverage for those schools. There is also more coverage for the NAIA schools like Loyola, Xavier, and Dillard. Finally, the prep coverage by the TVs is as good or better than its ever been.
    Last edited by The Historian; 05-07-2022 at 05:18 PM.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

No one that I know in Baton Rouge is still reading the Advocate. It's turned into nothing more than a commie propaganda rag.

Varsity Bulldog Dawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to all

brtransplant--how are you sir? Hope well! My brother and spouse still live there(retired)...dang, they read that thing cover to cover...and one of them is ultra to the right...so, I don't know...maybe they just like reading....but, like most news print, media in general, it's propaganda....

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    No one that I know in Baton Rouge is still reading the Advocate. It's turned into nothing more than a commie propaganda rag.
    I'm guilty. I read Obits on line when I feel the need (to see if I'm still alive)

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I read the advocate. No idea why tbh.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ odysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the rough

My gripe is far more about the radio media. Its split about 80/20 LSU and Saints with no time left for anything else. I wish north Louisiana sports radio would buy into their local programs half as much as br media buys into LSU.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by odysseus View Post
    My gripe is far more about the radio media. Its split about 80/20 LSU and Saints with no time left for anything else. I wish north Louisiana sports radio would buy into their local programs half as much as br media buys into LSU.
    Some donors should bankroll some media programs in North Louisiana just for Tech and maybe a bit of other teams like Grambling, ULM, and Northwestern.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

I’m just not sure how many Tech consumers there are out there.

On a tangent, I love following university sports accounts on Twitter. The interaction on Twitter surrounding Tech athletics seems much more quiet than other schools. I’m frequently tempted to stir it up on USM Twitter but can’t as we live in Hattiesburg and can’t run the risk of pissing folks off.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I like the title of this thread.

I'm disappinted and frustrated with my last visit to Sam's. Lots of elessewe, grumbling, and nlulm junk. Zero Tech.

I've said before and I'll say again our licensing department is tight as Dick's Hatband . . . or we got some store buyers who are effing clueless when they go to market.

The licensing department should have our bright marketing students conduct that survey on disposal income of Tech graduates in the state of Louisiana (compared to the above named institutions), and shove it down some store managers throats. At WM Academy the above three have all kinds of gear beginning in October of the fourthquarter and by Black Friday the Tech gear inventory has dwindled.

Disappointing.
    Frustrating.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog DawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to beholdDawgBark is a splendid one to behold

It pains me to write this but it's the truth. Approximately 8 years ago I spoke with someone that made custom items they sold online. Very high end/quality. I asked them why, as a Louisiana Tech graduate, don't they have any Louisiana Tech branded/designed items... They had many other major schools from the SEC and other notable conferences. Their response, "It's the craziest thing, of all the schools Louisiana Tech has been the most difficult to obtain rights. Why they don't want their brand out there like the other schools is beyond me. Getting the licensing for the big schools was so much easier than Louisiana Tech, which I hope to obtain in the next several months."

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBark View Post
    It pains me to write this but it's the truth. Approximately 8 years ago I spoke with someone that made custom items they sold online. Very high end/quality. I asked them why, as a Louisiana Tech graduate, don't they have any Louisiana Tech branded/designed items... They had many other major schools from the SEC and other notable conferences. Their response, "It's the craziest thing, of all the schools Louisiana Tech has been the most difficult to obtain rights. Why they don't want their brand out there like the other schools is beyond me. Getting the licensing for the big schools was so much easier than Louisiana Tech, which I hope to obtain in the next several months."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Managed_decline

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBark View Post
    It's kinda sorta like shot glasses (empty ) a couple of years ago . . . Tech said they would never brand license anything alcohol-related. WHO is making this call?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    It's kinda sorta like shot glasses (empty ) a couple of years ago . . . Tech said they would never brand license anything alcohol-related. WHO is making this call?
    Whoever it is needs some 20th century business training. Victorian Era business practices and decisions haven't worked in a long, long time.

+ Reply to Thread