+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stoehr Announces Perry as Associate Head Coach

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: Stoehr Announces Perry as Associate Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Some of you guys are funny.

- Coaches who finish the year 21-12, including 12-3 at home, don't get fired.
    - Coaches who finish 2nd in a 14-team CUSA (with a 11-7 CUSA record), and were within 5 points of winning the CUSA tourney title, don't get fired.
    - Coaches who improve from 14-10 overall to 21-12 in one year (a 50% increase in wins) don't get fired.

I don't think some of you realize the turnaround this team made after Jan 28th, when Brooke reorganized the starting lineup. This team got exponentially better, and went 11-2 (.846) down the stretch, before finally losing the CUSA Tournament title in Frisco by only 5 pts to everybody's favorite, Charlotte. Then they lost in the 1st round of the NIT to Houston, but were competitive.

Even without ANY change to the roster, a 2023 version of these Lady Techsters should be a much better team and finish with a better record than they did in 2022. Simply put, 77% of this team's roster turned over last off-season, with 10 or 11 new faces. It took a while for this team to jell and for Brooke to finally figure out where everybody needs to play to really contribute. But the good news is, Brooke did figure it out, and this team will probably be considered one of the favorites to win CUSA for 2023.
    Agreed- thought this conversation had ended with the success of the team last year. Are they the "old" Lady Techsters, no, but I don't think anyone seriously believes that will happen again- and many don't want the money spent that would need to be for it to happen. She is not going to be fired.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Some of you guys are funny.

- Coaches who finish the year 21-12, including 12-3 at home, don't get fired.
    - Coaches who finish 2nd in a 14-team CUSA (with a 11-7 CUSA record), and were within 5 points of winning the CUSA tourney title, don't get fired.
    - Coaches who improve from 14-10 overall to 21-12 in one year (a 50% increase in wins) don't get fired.

I don't think some of you realize the turnaround this team made after Jan 28th, when Brooke reorganized the starting lineup. This team got exponentially better, and went 11-2 (.846) down the stretch, before finally losing the CUSA Tournament title in Frisco by only 5 pts to everybody's favorite, Charlotte. Then they lost in the 1st round of the NIT to Houston, but were competitive.

Even without ANY change to the roster, a 2023 version of these Lady Techsters should be a much better team and finish with a better record than they did in 2022. Simply put, 77% of this team's roster turned over last off-season, with 10 or 11 new faces. It took a while for this team to jell and for Brooke to finally figure out where everybody needs to play to really contribute. But the good news is, Brooke did figure it out, and this team will probably be considered one of the favorites to win CUSA for 2023.
    EXACTLY! Well stated! I would love nothing more than Brooke to stay and keep the improvements going.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    EXACTLY! Well stated! I would love nothing more than Brooke to stay and keep the improvements going.
    Thanks Champ. It's obvious that some of us that actually watched the Lady Techsters last season know what kind of improvement they made, while some other people on this thread (certainly not all) have no clue what they are talking about. The Lady Techsters made a pretty amazing transition last season after Jan 28th. It's obvious that at least some of our blowhard fans just missed it.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Dawg80 thinks one coach can coach an entire D1 basketball team. I don’t think he realizes that these players don’t go home to their parents or guardians. That is a big difference when trying to corral 18-22 year olds. Also how can you run multiple different drills in practice simultaneously with one person coaching every position group? How can a player meet with a coach about a personal or personnel issue with one office available? Dawg80, I have always a been “do it yourself if you want it done right” guy… but I completely understand having a few assistants to ya know… deal with issues the HC doesn’t have time for.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Dawg80 thinks one coach can coach an entire D1 basketball team. I don’t think he realizes that these players don’t go home to their parents or guardians. That is a big difference when trying to corral 18-22 year olds. Also how can you run multiple different drills in practice simultaneously with one person coaching every position group? How can a player meet with a coach about a personal or personnel issue with one office available? Dawg80, I have always a been “do it yourself if you want it done right” guy… but I completely understand having a few assistants to ya know… deal with issues the HC doesn’t have time for.
    It has been done at all kinds of levels. One assistant would be okay, but not all these coaches plus other staffers. It's part of what is wrong with sports in general. As a society we have lost sight of what is truly important, for schools it's academics. Does society, our state, the nation, Ruston...we as fans! really benefit if the Techsters go 30-3 and go deep into the playoffs over them finishing 10-20? At the end of the day either result is the same. Doesn't impact my life and I suspect not anyone else's either. My comments are NOT aimed at the Techsters, I am addressing sports in general, and in this case college sports.

College coaches are NOT parents or guardians. If that is what you or anyone is advocating then that points to even bigger issues. Buck up cupcakes, take care of yourself. Grow up! (referring to the players)

All that said, as a fan, of course I hope the Techsters do well. And I like Brooke as coach. My gosh! I have been her strongest supporter and was advocating for Tech to hire her when she was at NSU.

+ Reply to Thread