+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diamond Dogs Season Comes to an End in Austin

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Baseball Diamond Dogs Season Comes to an End in Austin

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

AUSTIN, Texas — Louisiana Tech's baseball season came to a sudden and somewhat startling end here in the Texas heat Sunday as Air Force scored seven runs over the final five innings to beat the Bulldogs, 9-7, and thump Tech out of the NCAA Austin Regional at UFCU Disch-Falk Field.

More...

Discuss it here.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Re: Diamond Dogs Season Comes to an End in Austin

No doubt it wasn’t the way we wanted to see the season end or the team with the big name to beat us out. Yeah, I know it’s ‘baseball’ and anybody can beat anybody on any given day, but still Air Force was only 31-28 for the year. If that was Tech’s record Burroughs would be having to talk fast to keep his job. What I am greatly thankful for is to see Tech finally win a conference championship and to see the likes of Young, Netterville, Jennings and Crigger be the best Bulldogs they could be. Surely there are some future Tech hall of famers in that group. Thanks Dawgs!

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

"Somewhat startling end"? Nothing startling about losing when you give up 17 hits and only get 10.

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

I don't know what these people on the book face watched. LB needs to go.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Bad ending, but SO PROUD of our Diamond Dawgs!!!! First CUSA tournament win and 2 years going to the regionals! I hope we can continue this next year and FINALLY break that barrier of the regionals.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Bad ending, but SO PROUD of our Diamond Dawgs!!!! First CUSA tournament win and 2 years going to the regionals! I hope we can continue this next year and FINALLY break that barrier of the regionals.
    To do that next year will be very noteworthy because we’re losing considerable player leadership and talent and almost all of our pitching. What’s left behind in the bullpen is unknown. Burroughs and staff need to upgrade their work too for us to go any further in 2023.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Gladzilla View Post
    How do you fire a coach that won the conference championship for the first time since 1987? Difficult ask.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

I smell "groupstink" to which I have an allergy.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    How do you fire a coach that won the conference championship for the first time since 1987? Difficult ask.
    Not to mention 2 consecutive NCAA regional appearances (last year as host) and 2 40+ win seasons. To even consider getting rid of LB is absolutely asinine.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The real question is will LB be hired away? That will tell you all you need to know about his coaching ability. I am leaning toward his not being hired away as he is another Skippy. A "good" coach but nothing special and the big guys can/will do better with their hires. Keep in mind the minor accomplishments of LB, like Skippy's, are nothing special to programs used to winning and wanting to win more. Tech baseball has been to a grand total of 10 regionals in our entire history. Texas has been to 70 and 37 College World Series. I have been watching a LOT of college baseball this year and learning about various programs and what LB has accomplished at Tech would be viewed as "oh, how cute.." by many other schools. We're just not used to any kind of success here.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The real question is will LB be hired away? That will tell you all you need to know about his coaching ability. I am leaning toward his not being hired away as he is another Skippy. A "good" coach but nothing special and the big guys can/will do better with their hires. Keep in mind the minor accomplishments of LB, like Skippy's, are nothing special to programs used to winning and wanting to win more. Tech baseball has been to a grand total of 10 regionals in our entire history. Texas has been to 70 and 37 College World Series. I have been watching a LOT of college baseball this year and learning about various programs and what LB has accomplished at Tech would be viewed as "oh, how cute.." by many other schools. We're just not used to any kind of success here.
    I agree, but it's nice to have some success to get used to. If we do.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    That sure puts us in our place. Wow, talk about a bite of reality. We really are just now taking a few baby steps. Just imagine what might’ve been if Tech hadn’t wasted all those years following Patterson’s tenure. It all goes to show how much vision and leadership matters. The consequences of apathy can go on and on for decades.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gladzilla View Post

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    That sure puts us in our place. Wow, talk about a bite of reality. We really are just now taking a few baby steps. Just imagine what might’ve been if Tech hadn’t wasted all those years following Patterson’s tenure. It all goes to show how much vision and leadership matters. The consequences of apathy can go on and on for decades.
    I knew we were doomed the minute Tech got assigned to Disch-Falk Field. That's the equivalent to playing football in the "Big House" at Michigan, or playing basketball at "the Phog" Allen Fieldhouse at Kansas, or Cameron Indoor Arena at Duke. They are all sacred grounds in their respective sports, and no one gets out alive. Disch-Falk is no different. Texas has won 6 NCAA National Championships in Baseball, and finished National Runner-up another 6 times. We're talking "Blueblood" territory here. You just don't get out of those places with a win.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Woe! Texas State lost a heartbreaker last night. Oh, so close to hosting a Super Regional but instead, home for the summer.

Some good finishes all over the place. More of the same in the Supers and Omaha too, I'm sure.

+ Reply to Thread