+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dugout Club

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Dugout Club

USM has a “dugout club” of alumni that apparently helps directly support the baseball program with things like travel and equipment.

Have we ever had anything like this in baseball or any other sport?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Dugout Club

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    USM has a “dugout club” of alumni that apparently helps directly support the baseball program with things like travel and equipment.

Have we ever had anything like this in baseball or any other sport?
    I don't think it's allowed at ELTech unless they find a way to give an equal amount to girls softball.

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

[QUOTE=PawDawg;1834616]I don't think it's allowed at ELTech unless they find a way to give an equal amount to girls softball.[/QUOTE

Are you saying ELTech actually rejects donations such as the one mentioned? What about football? If a donor wants to give $1,000 do we refuse that unless someone else chips in a thousand for girls soccer, etc? I am not on the "inside" but as regular fan have heard nothing ab out starting a group like this. It would help considerably.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exes&Ohs View Post

Are you saying ELTech actually rejects donations such as the one mentioned? What about football? If a donor wants to give $1,000 do we refuse that unless someone else chips in a thousand for girls soccer, etc? I am not on the "inside" but as regular fan have heard nothing ab out starting a group like this. It would help considerably.
    No. I'm saying that Louisiana Tech/LTAC won't set that up for an individual sport.

If a group of individuals wants to do that outside of the foundation they are welcome to do that.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    No. I'm saying that Louisiana Tech/LTAC won't set that up for an individual sport.

If a group of individuals wants to do that outside of the foundation they are welcome to do that.
    Is this speculation or have they actually rejected previous attempts to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Is this speculation or have they actually rejected previous attempts to do this?
    No and yes.

Regarding LTAC/Foundation giving...

There is nothing that prevents you from naming a certain sport for your giving to go to.

There is nothing that prevents ELAYETech from reducing (offsetting) funds from your chosen sport to the "more needy" sports.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

It was done in the past. I don’t know if they have been doing that in more recent times, someone who follows our financials closer would have to answer that.

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

[QUOTE=DallasDog;1834672]It was done in the past. I don’t know if they have been doing that in more recent times, someone who follows our financials closer would have to answer that.[/QUOTE

Couldnt hurt to give it a try. Looks like it helped USM, to what extent we dont know, because tv announcers at the ND-Tn game last night said some of the USM-Ole Miss tickets were going for $l250.

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Why can't this concept work both for Softball and Baseball at the same time whereby the revenue is divided equally? I'd like to see the girls in Oklahoma City as well as the guys in Omaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Lotsudo View Post
    Why can't this concept work both for Softball and Baseball at the same time whereby the revenue is divided equally? I'd like to see the girls in Oklahoma City as well as the guys in Omaha!
    ...and there you go.

Conversation started about baseball. Turned to "let's do it equally for the girl sport!!"

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    It was done in the past. I don’t know if they have been doing that in more recent times, someone who follows our financials closer would have to answer that.
    As recently as us getting turf on the old field it was not allowed. There is a certain group that goes nuts if ANYTHING is spent on baseball and not equally spent on girls softball. Same with MBB and WBB.

When was it done in the past and not offset? Even baseball funds that were not given through the foundation have been offset in the past.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

No and yes.

Regarding LTAC/Foundation giving...

There is nothing that prevents you from naming a certain sport for your giving to go to.

There is nothing that prevents ELAYETech from reducing (offsetting) funds from your chosen sport to the "more needy" sports.
    Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    When your donor designation program recipient doesn't acknowledge your online donation then that's a signal to me they have no idea the money was donated and their budget had been adjusted accordingly by the Foundation.
    or . . . they have no manners on how to show appreciation.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    When your donor designation program recipient doesn't acknowledge your online donation then that's a signal to me they have no idea the money was donated and their budget had been adjusted accordingly by the Foundation.
    or . . . they have no manners on how to show appreciation.
    As you know, it is likely both

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

I want all our sports to be successful, but if they take my hard earned money that I decided to donate to a specific team or project and split it between two teams just because…. that would be the last time they ever get a dime. When my wife and I have given to a team or project I have no doubt their budget was probably reduced, but giving my money to something I didn’t want to give it to would be over a line they would never recover from.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Correct. Because of the offset and movement for other purposes in the past, a lot of money has been raised for baseball off the books.

Omahadawg and others have stories about not only having to circumvent the athletic department but Reneau's Do Not Call list, as well.

And we're not the only school in the state who has had to do it. Back when we both had presidents who basically knew nothing about athletics, the Cajuns turned this process into an artform.

+ Reply to Thread